Banana Bread Baked Oats
If you only have one banana, make this Banana Bread Baked Oats recipe! It comes together within minutes using simple ingredients, has added protein and tastes like our favorite banana treat, and will keep you full and satisfied until lunch! It’s glutenfree and vegan.
Banana Bread Baked Oats – our all-time favorite treat turned into a healthy breakfast? Here for it! You could actually call this baked oatmeal lazy banana bread as it literally tastes like banana bread but is way quicker to make. Trust me once you realized how easy it is to make, you’ll put this on constant rotation.
This is a great recipe for those days when we find ourselves with that one lonely ripe banana and we want to do something with it (ideally, make bread). As this recipe only requires 1 banana for making banana bread baked oats this is pretty convenient for a single or small household.
This simple recipe starts by preheating the oven before blending some oats with baking powder, milk, vanilla, banana, a dash of cinnamon, and nutmeg. For those who want an added benefit, add a scoop of your favorite vanilla protein powder and blend all the ingredients until smooth.
I always make my baked oatmeal with protein powder to get that boost of protein first thing in the morning. If you like that idea, also check out my baked chocolate oats. So delish! There is no egg in this recipe so as long as you use a vegan protein powder and plant-based milk, these baked protein oats are 100% vegan.
Now, all we need to do is stir in some nuts and chocolate chips you are basically done. Pour the batter into a casserole dish and bake!
Now, if you feel like a special treat, you can also try my protein-baked oats with my greek yogurt cream cheese frosting.
INGREDIENTS NEEDED FOR MAKING BANANA BREAD BAKED OATS
- oats – rolled or quick oats work here
- baking powder for that perfect rise
- banana – I used a ripe one so there was no need to add any sweetener.
- I like using almond milk here but any plant-based milk will work
- banana bread spices: I used cinnamon and nutmeg. You could also add some cardamom and cloves
- vanilla protein powder I used PEScience Gourmet Vanilla – You can order it from PEScience. Use code BAILEY to save $$ at checkout.
- toppings: chocolate chips and walnuts
This Baked Oats recipe makes enough for one but can easily be doubled or tripled to make more than one serving.
CAN I MAKE BAKED OATS IN THE AIR FRYER?
Yes, that should work! Just make sure you use a heat-proof casserole dish. Pour your batter into ramekins and place into your air fryer basket. Cook for 8 minutes at 200c/400f.
CAN I USE QUICK OATS FOR BAKED OATMEAL?
Absolutely. Here, we blend the oats either way. Quick oats are basically rolled oats – just cut smaller, meaning that they blend up quicker.
Banana Bread Baked Oats
If you only have one banana, make this Banana Bread Baked Oats recipe! It comes together within minutes using simple ingredients, has added protein and tastes like our favorite banana treat, and will keep you full and satisfied until lunch! It's glutenfree and vegan.
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/3 cup almond milk
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder, I used PEScience Gourmet Vanilla - can use code BAILEY at checkout for money off all products
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 banana, optional - use other half for topping the batter
- pinch of nutmeg
- chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease small oven safe dish.
- Blend your oats on high to create a fine flour. Then add all remaining ingredients (except chocolate chips and walnuts) and blend till combined.
- Pour into the greased oven safe dish, add in the chocolate chips and walnuts and mix around. Then add more to top of batter. Optional - add the other half of the banana on top of batter as well sliced as seen in photos.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and enjoy while warm! You can serve with more cinnamon and plant milk if desired!
Serving Size:1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g
MORE BAKED OATS RECIPES:
Tiktok Baked Oats (Birthday Cake)
Gluten Free High Protein Carrot Cake Baked Oats
I LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOUR CREATIONS! YOU CAN PIN THIS RECIPE ON PINTEREST OR SHARE ON INSTAGRAM BY TAGGING @basicswithbails and #basicswithbails
I love to bake, cook, exercise, and document all of the above. Nutrition is not low fat. It is not low calorie. It’s not feeling deprived or being hungry all the time. It’s nourishing your body with real, whole foods so that you are consistently satisfied and energized to live your life to the fullest! Read more…
I tried this a few weeks ago, and now it’s an absolute staple in my life!