These Air Fryer Pasta Chips are another one of the viral recipes on Tiktok, and for good reason. They are made with simple ingredients and are a great way to swap out potato chips for a more nutrient dense option.
If you have social media, I’m sure you’ve seen this easy snack all over Tiktok. This is one of the easiest viral recipes that I have ever tried.
First it started with the famous baked feta pasta, then mini pancake cereal, then pesto eggs, and the latest has been the butter board. This fun snack is a a great low carb option for those trying to avoid potato chips, french fries, or any processed food in the new year.
This fantastic snack is great for kids, guests and even italian food lovers. The best part about this recipe is how quick it is to make using the air fryer method.
It’s an easy way to have a snack ready to go for the next day or even for a cozy night in when you’re in the mood for something crunchy. Not to mention you’re consuming way less calories because you’re using hot air instead of tons of oils in the chips.
Table of Contents
INGREDIENTS YOU WILL NEED FOR THE AIR FRYER PASTA CHIPS
You will need the following ingredients listed below to make this perfect snack (the exact measurements and full recipe are in the recipe card at the bottom of this post):
- Pasta – can use any type of pasta such as bow tie, penne pasta, pasta noodles, lasagna noodles, etc.
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Fresh grated parmesan cheese
- Garlic powder
- Italian seasoning
- Salt & black pepper
- Optional – onion powder, red chili flakes, nutritional yeast or any other spices from your spice rack. Also nice to pair these with a dipping sauce such as marinara sauce, feta dip, vodka sauce, tzatziki, etc.
HOW TO MAKE THE TIKTOK PASTA CHIPS
Cook the raw pasta al dente according to package directions in a large pot of salted water.
Toss the cooked pasta with parmesan cheese, olive oil, garlic powder, italian seasoning, salt and pepper.
Add the seasoned pasta to the air fryer basket and air fry at 400 degrees F for 10-12 minutes. Toss a few times to ensure they get super crispy.
Serve the crispy pasta with your favorite dipping sauce and enjoy!
TIPS AND TRICKS FOR THIS SIMPLE SNACK
- Make sure you’re cooking the pasta in batches in a single layer. If you overcrowd the pasta it will not crisp up as nicely.
- Do not over boil the pasta. Boil the pasta to packAGE instructions, ensuring you do not over boil as it continues to cook in the air fryer.
- You can use gluten-free pasta. If you are celiac or gluten-intolerant, or you’re simply just trying to cut back your gluten intake you can use gluten free noodles.
- Shake the air fryer basket a few times while cooking. This will allow all the sides of the pasta to crisp up and get nice and golden brown.
- The best shape pasta for this recipe is almost any pasta. Do not worry too much about the different pasta shapes, however bowtie pasta and farfalle pasta are a couple of really great options.
CAN I BAKE THE PASTA CHIPS?
If you don’t have an air fryer, you can bake them in a regular oven but they won’t turn into crispy perfection like they would in the air fryer. Bake on a baking tray at 400°F in your convection oven for about 20 minutes.
HOW TO STORE THE LEFTOVER PASTA CHIPS
You can store them in an airtight container or ziplock bag at room temperature for up to 5 days. They will stay crispy but they will get stale a lot quicker than a regular potato chip.
Other Delicious Savoury Bites You May Like To Try
- Bacon Wrapped Dates Stuffed With Goat Cheese
- Gluten Free Pizza Bites
- KFC Style Popcorn Chicken Recipe (Vegan)
- Pepperoni Pizza Dip
- Air Fryer Sweet Potato Gnocchi
- 2 cups pasta, can use gluten-free pasta if desired
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp italian seasoning
- salt + pepper
- Cook the raw pasta al dente according to package directions in a large pot of boiling salted water.
- Toss the cooked pasta with olive oil, parmesan cheese, garlic powder, italian seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Add the seasoned pasta to the air fryer basket and air fry at 400 degrees F for 10-12 minutes. Toss a few times to ensure all sides get crispy.
- Serve crispy pasta with your favorite dipping sauce and enjoy!
Serving Size:1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 134Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 4mgSodium: 173mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 2gSugar: 0gProtein: 4g
The nutrition information provided is calculated based on industry-standard software and should be used as a general guide only. The information may vary depending on ingredient substitutions, cooking techniques, and individual serving sizes. It is the responsibility of the reader to ensure the accuracy and appropriateness of the nutritional information provided. Always consult a qualified healthcare provider for personalized medical or nutritional advice.
I love to bake, cook, exercise, and document all of the above. Nutrition is not low fat. It is not low calorie. It’s not feeling deprived or being hungry all the time. It’s nourishing your body with real, whole foods so that you are consistently satisfied and energized to live your life to the fullest! Read more…