Blueberry Jam and Cream Cheese on top of crusty brioche, topped with hemp hearts and basil leaves — these crostini are the perfect combination of sweet, savoury, and are packed full of flavour in every bite!
When you hit the jackpot with a dish that delivers all the flavours, you celebrate. This gluten free sweet and savoury crostini is one of those celebrations!
I didn’t have any kind of crostini on my blog. I had many other breakfast options like my Superfood Protein Breakfast Cookies and my Vegan Banana Chocolate Chip Sheet Pan Pancakes but nothing with a bit of a savoury twist on it!
If you’re on the hunt for the perfect new breakfast idea, or party appetizer, look no further! So easy to make using blueberry jam, bread and cream cheese but tastes anything but simple.
They are too easy. I went a little light on the cream cheese for each slice to give it a good jam to cheese ratio but feel free to slap a thick slab of it if you prefer. I also used a lovely brioche loaf but you could also use a baguette for smaller portions! They are sweet and creamy with a nice crunch from the toasts. A fancy looking plate with minimal effort.
I used Bonne Maman INTENSE Blueberry Spread, and it was magical. It complements the creaminess of the cream cheese so well! I just love all of the different flavours and textures in these crostini: sweet, savoury, cheesy flavours. Gooey, chewy, crunchy, saucy textures. It really is everything you want in one bite!
Table of Contents
Bonne Maman Intense Blueberry Spread Is
- • 100% natural
- • Without preservatives
- • Without additives
- • Without corn syrup
- • Gluten free
- • Kosher
- • No artificial colouring
- • No artificial flavours
Bonne Maman INTENSE line delivers more of the fruit and flavour, but with 38% less sugar than regular preserves! Bonne Maman’s success is attributed to its wide range of high-quality products and its unique know-how. Every jar is made with the most perfect fruits for an intense flavour and rich in natural fruit sugars! Bonne Maman uses traditional French recipes which preserves the integrity of the fruits used (vitamins, minerals and fibers). There are only 4 ingredients in the composition of the jams – selected fruits, sugar, fruit pectin, and lemon juice.
WANT MORE GLUTEN FREE BREAKFAST IDEAS? CHECK THESE OUT!
- 2 slices brioche loaf
- 2 tbsp cream cheese, dairy free if needed
- Bonne Maman Intense Blueberry Spread
- Fresh blueberries
- Fresh basil
- Hemp hearts
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Slice the brioche loaf into 1 inch slices on a slight diagonal. Place the bread slices on a half sheet pan and bake for 10 minutes or until lightly golden. You don't want them too dark because they will be difficult to bite and become croutons. You can also toast the toast in a toaster for a quicker method.
- Heat the blueberry spread and fresh blueberries over the stove for approximately 3 minutes. Set aside.
- After the bread has had a chance to cool a bit, spread with about a tablespoon of cream cheese.
- Dollop the crostini with a generous scoop of blueberry spread and sprinkle with hemp hearts and basil leaves.
- Enjoy for breakfast, or a late night dessert!
Serving Size:1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g
This post is sponsored by Bonne Maman. Thank you for continuing to support the brands who help make Basics With Bails possible!
I love to bake, cook, exercise, and document all of the above. Nutrition is not low fat. It is not low calorie. It’s not feeling deprived or being hungry all the time. It’s nourishing your body with real, whole foods so that you are consistently satisfied and energized to live your life to the fullest! Read more…