Lemon Cheesecake Overnight Oats
This gluten free, high protein, healthy overnight oats recipe is the perfect grab and go breakfast. Made with Greek yogurt, protein powder, chia seeds, and lemon juice, this actually be my new favourite overnight oatmeal flavour!
Overnight oats are the perfect breakfast- they are convenient, super quick to make, and they feel like you’re eating dessert. They are convenient because you add everything to a mason jar or to go container the night before, and grab it and go in the mornings. Super quick to make because they require limited and handy ingredients. And they truly do taste like you’re eating dessert for breakfast, except it’s healthy.
If you love oatmeal recipes you need to try my Strawberry Cheesecake Overnight Oats, Lemon Poppy Seed Baked Oats and my Gluten Free High Protein Carrot Cake Baked Oats! All these overnight oats with protein powder are loaded with healthy fats and protein. If you’re looking for a healthy overnight oats recipe for weight loss, you’ve come to the right place.
What Ingredients Do You Need To Make The Lemon CheeseCake Overnight Oats
- Certified gluten free oats – you do not need to use gluten free oats for this recipe unless you are celiac or gluten intolerant, like myself.
- Almond milk – any plant milk will work. Regular cow’s milk will work as well if you would prefer to use that.
- Chia seeds
- Protein powder – I love using protein powder in my overnight oats to make them more filling and nutritious. My favourite protein powder on the market is PEScience, I use their Gourmet Vanilla flavour in almost all of my overnight and baked oat recipes. If you want to try out any of their products use my code “BAILEY” at checkout to save yourself money!
- Lemon juice – I prefer using freshly squeezed lemon juice, it adds much more depth to flavour profile
- Lemon zest – since you already have a fresh lemon for the juice, this will be no problem
- Maple syrup – optional, but I do recommend. You can also use honey in place if you would prefer.
Why I Love Homemade Overnight Oats
They are great for digestion! Soaking the oats overnight breaks down the starches and reduces the natural phytic acid in the oats. This makes it easier for your body to digest the oats and use their nutrients more efficiently! However you do want to make sure you are soaking for a long enough period, minimum 5-6 hours, but preferably overnight.
Another reason I love them if because you can take a base recipe, as switch up the flavours. I love adding blueberries to this recipe to make them blueberry lemon cheesecake overnight oats. I also have a recipe for strawberry cheesecake overnight oats on my Instagram, which is one of my most popular recipes to date.
They are perfect for on the run mornings and save a few minutes in the morning even if you’re working from home!
The ingredients in these lemon overnight oats are incredible. Greek yogurt is full of protein, making these protein overnight oats. The nutrition facts on greek yogurt are perfect if you are looking for a high protein snack or meal.
Lemon Cheesecake Overnight Oats
- FOR OATS
- 1/2 cup certified gluten free oats
- 1/2 cup almond milk, or any plant milk of choice
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 1/2 scoop vanilla protein powder, I used PEScience Gourmet Vanilla - can use code BAILEY at checkout to save $$ on products
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/8 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- FOR CHEESECAKE GANACHE
- 1/3 cup plain greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp white chocolate chips
- 1.5 tbsp cream cheese
- OPTIONAL TOPPINGS
- graham wafers
- coconut shreds
- lemon slices
- Add all oat ingredients to a bowl or jar. Stir well and refrigerate for minimum 1 hour to set.
- Once oats are set, microwave the white chocolate in a small bowl in 30 second intervals. Mix in with room temperature cream cheese, and greek yogurt. I used a whisk to get rid of clumps.
- Remove oats from refrigerator, and pour the white chocolate mixture overtop. Put back in fridge overnight to set.
- In the morning, top with small pieces of graham wafers, coconut shreds, lemon wedges, and grab and go!
Serving Size:1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g
Other Gluten Free Recipes With Oats You May Like To Try
Strawberry Cheesecake Overnight Oats
Gluten Free High Protein Carrot Cake Baked Oats
Superfood Protein Breakfast Cookies (Gluten Free & Dairy Free)
Vegan & Gluten Free Salted Dark Chocolate Granola
I LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOUR CREATIONS! YOU CAN PIN THIS RECIPE ON PINTEREST OR SHARE ON INSTAGRAM BY TAGGING @basicswithbails and #basicswithbails
I love to bake, cook, exercise, and document all of the above. Nutrition is not low fat. It is not low calorie. It’s not feeling deprived or being hungry all the time. It’s nourishing your body with real, whole foods so that you are consistently satisfied and energized to live your life to the fullest! Read more…
I made this for breakfast today and it’s honestly SO GOOD!! I used mix of protein powder and collagen and just a tsp of sweetener. Also the lemon cheesecake ganache is amazing!!! I didn’t even use cream cheese, just vanilla flavoured white choc and greek yogurt, I also added lemon zest to the ganache… *chef’s kiss* thank you for this wonderful recipe!!!
Thank you so much for the 5 star review and taking the time to leave this comment! It is so appreciated!! 🙂
Hi Audrey, Would the recipe change if I use Bob’s Red Mill steel cut oats?
This is sooo good!! Can you pls tell me how many calories it has?
Hi Fenni! Thank you so much for the 5 star review! I actually have not calculated the calories for this recipe, so sorry!
I love the fact that you have multiple cheesecake oats recipes