This TikTok Pasta Recipe with mozzarella instead of feta is a viral recipe and for good reason. It’s made with a handful of ingredients, only takes a little bit of time to whip up, and is one of the best pasta recipes to make.
TikTok has become a hub for all sorts of trends, including food trends. One of the most popular food trends to come out of TikTok in recent times is the feta tomato pasta recipe, which has taken the internet by storm.
The og recipe involves baking a whole block of feta cheese with cherry tomatoes and then mixing it with pasta to create a delicious, creamy sauce. While the original recipe calls for feta cheese, there have been several variations of the recipe, including one that uses mozzarella cheese instead of feta.
Out of all tiktok recipes, this one is definitely one of my favorites. After the Tik Tok feta pasta went viral there were some feta shortages, which is why people started trying this recipe with different cheeses.
This is such a great recipe as it’s so versatile, and it uses all fresh ingredients. It’s a great addition to your cooking repertoire if you’re a busy person who wants to eat a substantial and delicious main dish throughout the week.
In this blog post, we will be exploring a version of feta pasta but with mozzarella instead of feta. This is a great idea for someone who doesn’t love feta cheese and likes using simple ingredients to cook up delicious dinners.
Table of Contents
INGREDIENTS IN THIS VERSION OF TIKTOK FETA PASTA RECIPE
You will need the following ingredients listed below to make the tiktok trend (the exact measurements and step by step instructions are in the recipe card at the bottom of the post):
- Any kind of pasta – long pastas, short pasta, spiral pasta, gluten-free pasta, etc.
- Cherry tomatoes
- Fresh garlic – can mince up the garlic or leave them into whole garlic cloves.
- Salt and black pepper
- Italian seasoning
- Fresh mozzarella – while the classic recipe uses a block feta or low-fat feta, this recipe uses mozzarella. This doesn’t mean you can’t use different types of cheeses such as cream cheese, sheep’s milk cheese, goat cheese, etc.
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Optional – fresh herbs, red chili flakes, parmesan cheese, kalamata olives, fresh spinach, etc.
HOW TO MAKE THE WHOLE DISH
Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
In a large casserole dish or pasta dish, add the grape tomatoes, garlic, salt, pepper, and italian seasoning.
Place the block of fresh mozzarella in the center of the tomatoes and drizzle some olive oil over it.
Bake the dish in the preheated oven for 30-35 minutes, until the cherry tomatoes have burst and the mozzarella has melted and turned golden brown.
While the tomato and mozzarella mixture is baking, cook the pasta according to the package instructions. Once the pasta is cooked, drain it and reserve 1/3 cup of the pasta water.
Remove the baking dish from the oven and use a fork to mash the tomatoes and mozzarella together to create a creamy sauce. Add the reserved pasta water to the sauce and stir to combine.
Add the cooked pasta to the baking dish and toss it with the tomato and mozzarella sauce until it is well coated. Garnish with fresh basil and serve immediately.
HOW TO STORE THE THIS VERSION OF THE OVEN-BAKED FETA PASTA
If you have leftover baked mozzarella tomato pasta, you can store it in the fridge to enjoy later. Here are some steps you can follow:
- Allow the pasta to cool down: Let the pasta cool down to room temperature before you store it.
- Transfer to an airtight container: Once the pasta has cooled, transfer it to an airtight container. You can use a plastic container or a sealable plastic bag.
- Label the container: Label the container with the date that you stored the pasta. This will help you keep track of how long it has been in the fridge.
- Store in the fridge: Place the container in the fridge and make sure it is stored in the coldest part of your fridge. It will stay fresh for up to 3-4 days.
- Reheat and enjoy: When you are ready to eat the pasta, you can reheat it in the microwave or oven. If using the microwave, cover the container with a microwave-safe lid or plastic wrap and microwave for 1-2 minutes or until heated through. If using the oven, preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C), transfer the pasta to an oven-safe dish, cover with foil, and bake for 10-15 minutes or until heated through.
Note: If the pasta contains meat, it is best to consume it within 2-3 days.
WHY THIS IS THE BEST PASTA RECIPE
This recipe is incredibly easy to make and is perfect for a quick weeknight dinner or a weekend meal with friends and family. The mozzarella cheese adds a creaminess to the sauce that pairs perfectly with the burst cherry tomatoes and the al dente pasta.
The red pepper flakes give the dish a slight kick, while the fresh basil adds a pop of freshness.
One of the best things about this recipe is that it is highly customizable. You can add other ingredients like spinach, mushrooms, or bell peppers to the baking dish to make the dish even more flavorful.
You can also experiment with different types of pasta to see which works best with the sauce.
In conclusion, the TikTok pasta recipe with mozzarella instead of feta is a delicious and easy recipe that you can whip up in no time. It is a great way to use up some of the pantry staples and ingredients that you might already have at home.
So, the next time you’re looking for a quick and easy meal, give this recipe a try and see why it has become a fan favorite on TikTok.
Other Delicious Savoury Meals You May Want To Try!
- Juicy Air Fryer Turkey Burgers (Healthy & Easy)
- KFC Style Popcorn Chicken (Vegan)
- Taco Bell Crunch Wrap Supreme
- Viral TikTok Salmon Rice Bowl With Seaweed
- Gluten Free High Protein Pizza Crust
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes
- 4-5 cloves garlic, can be minced or leave them whole
- salt + black pepper
- 1 tsp italian seasoning
- 200 g mozzarella cheese
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 10 oz pasta
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large casserole dish or pasta dish, add the cherry tomatoes, garlic, salt, pepper, and italian seasoning.
- Place the block of fresh mozzarella in the center of the tomatoes and drizzle some olive oil over it.
- Bake the dish in the preheated oven for 30-35 minutes, until the cherry tomatoes have burst and the mozzarella has melted and turned golden brown.
- While the tomato and mozzarella mixture is baking, cook the pasta according to the package instructions. Once the pasta is cooked, drain it.
- Remove the baking dish from the oven and use a fork to mash the tomatoes and mozzarella together to create a creamy sauce.
- Add the cooked pasta to the baking dish and toss it with the tomato and mozzarella sauce until it is well coated. Garnish with fresh basil and serve immediately.
Serving Size:1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 326Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 40mgSodium: 468mgCarbohydrates: 31gFiber: 3gSugar: 5gProtein: 17g
The nutrition information provided is calculated based on industry-standard software and should be used as a general guide only. The information may vary depending on ingredient substitutions, cooking techniques, and individual serving sizes. It is the responsibility of the reader to ensure the accuracy and appropriateness of the nutritional information provided. Always consult a qualified healthcare provider for personalized medical or nutritional advice.
I love to bake, cook, exercise, and document all of the above. Nutrition is not low fat. It is not low calorie. It’s not feeling deprived or being hungry all the time. It’s nourishing your body with real, whole foods so that you are consistently satisfied and energized to live your life to the fullest! Read more…