This Quick Low Carb Tortilla Pizza Recipe is so fun to make on a pizza night using your favorite toppings. Using simple ingredients such as low-carb tortillas, fresh mozzarella, and pizza sauce, you can customize with different options to make your own personal pizza.
Is there any food better in the world than traditional pizza? Let me tell you when I get a pizza craving it comes on hard and I won’t stop until I’ve consumed a whole pizza.
Cue crispy tortilla pizza. Unlike regular pizza, it’s an easy recipe to make when on a low calorie diet or when you’re trying to cut carbs.
Being able to personalize each low-carb pizza with your own toppings is key. If you want a white pizza you can use Alfredo sauce instead of pizza sauce, if you want a meat lovers pizza you can add bacon, pepperoni slices and ham.
The best part about this recipe is that your don’t lose the delicious flavors of regular pizza, you just cut back on net carbs and fat from the low carb pizza crust.
You don’t need any special equipment like a pizza pan, toaster oven or pizza stone. I promise you it won’t take much to create the perfect recipe that your whole family will love.
Table of Contents
INGREDIENTS YOU WILL NEED FOR THE LOW CARB TORTILLAS
You will need the following ingredients listed below to make this thin crust pizza (the exact measurements and full recipe are in the recipe card at the bottom of this post):
- Flour Tortilla shell – you can also substitute for corn tortillas, cauliflower crust or some sort of thicker tortillas if you choose.
- Pizza sauce – or your favorite marinara sauce or tomato sauce.
- Shredded cheese – can use anything from mozzarella cheese, cheddar cheese, and a little parmesan cheese, etc.
- Italian seasoning – the more spices the better. I also love adding salt, pepper, garlic powder and onion powder sometimes.
- Optional – add on any of your favorite pizza toppings such as red pepper flakes, green pepper, slices of pepperoni, fresh basil, and a little olive oil to the top.
HOW TO MAKE THE LOW CARB TORTILLA PIZZA
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly spray or brush your tortilla with avocado oil or olive oil.
Bake the tortilla in preheated oven on a baking sheet for 4-5 minutes to crisp up. Once crispy, add the pizza sauce and spread all over the tortilla.
Top with shredded cheese and italian seasoning. You can add salt + black pepper as well.
Put baking trap back into the oven and bake for another 4 minutes until the cheese is melted.
Remove the pizza from the oven and place it on a plate. Add fresh toppings of choice such as freshly sliced tomatoes, fresh basil, or grated parmesan cheese. Cut into 4 slices with pizza cutter. Enjoy!
CAN I MAKE THIS INTO AN AIR FRYER TORTILLA PIZZA RECIPE?
Yes, this makes such an easy air fryer tortilla pizza. You will want to spray your air fryer basket with non-stick cooking spray and put the tortilla on the bottom.
Next spread your tomato sauce, cheese, seasonings and cook on 400F for 5 minutes. You can skip the crisping step in the air fryer as it will naturally create a very crispy crust.
CAN I MAKE THIS INTO A KETO PIZZA?
Yes, using a keto tortilla you can make this keto diet friendly. There are so many great options for keto toppings, especially extra cheese.
COULD I MAKE THESE INTO BREAKFAST PIZZAS?
Oh my goodness, yes! Breakfast pizzas are the real deal, I love adding scrambled eggs, bacon, freshly sliced avocado, and chipotle sauce as the base.
Other Delicious Savoury Bites You May Like To Try
- Bacon Wrapped Dates Stuffed With Goat Cheese
- Gluten Free Pizza Bites
- KFC Style Popcorn Chicken Recipe (Vegan)
- Pepperoni Pizza Dip
- Air Fryer Pasta Chips (Viral Tiktok Recipe)
- Crispy Air Fryer Tofu Nuggets (Vegan, Gluten Free)
- 1 low carb tortilla
- 1/4 cup pizza sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese
- 1/2 tsp italian seasoning
- toppings of choice, such as pepperoni slices, fresh tomato, fresh basil, black olives, mushrooms, etc.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly spray or brush your tortilla with avocado oil or olive oil.
- Bake the tortilla in preheated oven on a baking sheet for 4-5 minutes to crisp up. Once crispy, add the pizza sauce and spread all over the tortilla.
- Top with shredded cheese and italian seasoning. You can add salt + black pepper as well.
- Put baking trap back into the oven and bake for another 4 minutes until the cheese is melted.
- Remove the pizza from the oven and place it on a plate. Add fresh toppings of choice such as freshly sliced tomatoes, fresh basil, or grated parmesan cheese. Cut into 4 slices with pizza cutter. Enjoy!
Serving Size:1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g
I love to bake, cook, exercise, and document all of the above. Nutrition is not low fat. It is not low calorie. It’s not feeling deprived or being hungry all the time. It’s nourishing your body with real, whole foods so that you are consistently satisfied and energized to live your life to the fullest! Read more…