Zucchini Fries In The Air Fryer are a great way to enjoy the perfect side dish without all the excess fat. Made with a handful of ingredients and maximum crunch, these are sure to please.
Crispy and flavorful zucchini fries are a healthy alternative to traditional french fries, and they’re easy to make in the air fryer. Follow this recipe for delicious zucchini fries that everyone will love.
If you’re looking for a healthier and tastier alternative to French fries, then you should try making zucchini fries in your air fryer! Zucchini is low in calories and high in fiber, and when it’s air-fried, it becomes crispy and delicious.
If you love easy air fryer recipes you may also want to try my Easy Air Fryer Truffles Fries Recipe With Garlic Aioli or my Crispy Air Fryer Chicken Burgers.
Table of Contents
INGREDIENTS FOR THE ZUCCHINI STICKS
You will need the following ingredients listed below to make the breaded zucchini (the exact measurements and full recipe are in the recipe card at the bottom of the post):
- Medium zucchinis
- Almond flour – can also use gluten free flour blend or all-purpose flour.
- Garlic powder
- Italian seasoning
- Sea salt & black pepper
- Panko bread crumbs
- Parmesan cheese
- Olive oil cooking spray
- Optional – lemon zest, nutritional yeast, onion powder, or any other spices of your choice.
HOW TO MAKE THE AIR FRYER ZUCCHINI FRIES RECIPE
Preheat your air fryer to 400°F.
Cut the zucchinis into thin fry-like strips.
In a shallow bowl, mix the flour, paprika, garlic powder, italian seasoning, salt, and black pepper.
In a separate bowl, beat the eggs, and in a third shallow dish pour in the panko breadcrumbs and grated parmesan cheese.
Coat each zucchini strip in the flour mixture, then dip it in the beaten eggs, and finally coat it in the panko mixture.
Place the zucchini fries in the air fryer basket in a single layer, making sure they are not touching each other.
Spray the zucchini fries with cooking spray.
Cook for 10-12 minutes or until the zucchini fries are golden brown and crispy.
Serve immediately with your favorite dipping sauce.
CAN I BAKE THESE IN THE OVEN?
Yes, absolutely. Simply increase the heat of the oven to 425F and increase the cooking time to 20-25 minutes on a baking sheet until they are golden brown and crispy.
They may not have the exact same crispy texture as if they were made in the air fryer with hot air, but they will still work.
HOW TO STORE THE CRISPY AIR FRYER ZUCCHINI FRIES
To store air fryer zucchini fries, you should follow these steps:
- Let the zucchini fries cool down to room temperature before storing them.
- Place the zucchini fries in an airtight container or resealable plastic bag.
- Store them in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days.
When you’re ready to eat them again, you can reheat them in the air fryer for a few minutes until they are crispy again. Avoid reheating them in the microwave, as this can make them soft and soggy.
TIPS FOR MAKING THE BEST ZUCCHINI FRIES
- Make sure to cut the zucchini into thin strips to ensure they cook evenly.
- Don’t overcrowd the air fryer basket as this will prevent the zucchini fries from getting crispy.
- If you don’t have panko breadcrumbs, you can use regular breadcrumbs instead, but the zucchini fries may not be as crispy.
- Experiment with different spices and seasonings to create your own unique flavor combinations.
- Serve the air fryer zucchini chips with marinara sauce, ranch dressing, a greek yogurt dip or any of your favorite dips of choice.
Zucchini fries in the air fryer are a delicious and healthy snack or side dish. They are easy to make and can be customized to suit your taste preferences.
Try this recipe today and enjoy the crispy goodness of zucchini fries!
More Air Fryer Recipes You May Like To Try
- Air Fryer Jalapeno Cheddar Protein Bagel
- Easy Air Fryer Parmesan Truffle Fries
- Crispy Air Fryer Chicken Breast
- Easy Gluten Free Cinnamon Raisin Protein Bagels
- Easy Air Fryer Hamburgers (Quick And Juicy)
- 3 medium zucchinis
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 tbsp italian seasoning
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp sea salt & black pepper
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup gluten free breadcrumbs
- Preheat your air fryer to 400°F.
- Cut the zucchinis into thin fry-like strips.
- In a shallow bowl, mix the flour, paprika, garlic powder, italian seasoning, salt, and black pepper.
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs, and in a third shallow dish mix in the panko breadcrumbs and grated parmesan cheese.
- Coat each zucchini strip in the flour mixture, then dip it in the beaten eggs, and finally coat it in the panko mixture.
- Place the zucchini fries in the air fryer basket in a single layer, making sure they are not touching each other.
- Spray the zucchini fries with cooking spray.
- Cook for 10-12 minutes or until the zucchini fries are golden brown and crispy.
- Serve immediately with your favorite dipping sauce.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 271Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 11mgSodium: 724mgCarbohydrates: 30gFiber: 5gSugar: 5gProtein: 12g
The nutrition information provided is calculated based on industry-standard software and should be used as a general guide only. The information may vary depending on ingredient substitutions, cooking techniques, and individual serving sizes. It is the responsibility of the reader to ensure the accuracy and appropriateness of the nutritional information provided. Always consult a qualified healthcare provider for personalized medical or nutritional advice.
IF YOU TRIED THIS RECIPE PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT IN THE COMMENT SECTION AND STAR RATING. I LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOUR CREATIONS! YOU CAN PIN THIS RECIPE ON PINTEREST OR SHARE ON INSTAGRAM BY TAGGING @basicswithbails and #basicswithbails
I love to bake, cook, exercise, and document all of the above. Nutrition is not low fat. It is not low calorie. It’s not feeling deprived or being hungry all the time. It’s nourishing your body with real, whole foods so that you are consistently satisfied and energized to live your life to the fullest! Read more…