Copycat Mcdonald’s Big Mac Sauce Recipe
This Mcdonald’s Big Mac Sauce Recipe is one of the best copycat recipes to enjoy on some beef patties with a side of french fries. This famous sauce is a great way to enjoy homemade burgers, without any added sugar and a simple ingredient list.
Mcdonald’s sauce is king, we all know this. The most perfect big mac sauce on a big mac burger with some Mcdonald’s french fries, what could be better?
This secret sauce is no joke. There are many different names for it, many simply call it thousand island dressing.
The thing I love most about this recipe is it’s made with such simple ingredients, many that you probably already have on hand. If you’re missing a few ingredients, it’s just a quick trip to the grocery store.
A few recipes you may enjoy this sauce on are my Big Mac Salad Bowls or my Easy Air Fryer Hamburgers.
Let’s chit chat about a traditional big mac for a second. You’ve typically got a bottom bun, the tangy sauce, shredded lettuce, chopped white onion, pickles, a double patty, some cheddar cheese and you’ve got a beautiful triple bun creation.
In this homemade version of the Mcdonald’s special sauce recipe we use very basic ingredients yet it still tastes like the real thing! It has the perfect balance of sweet tanginess from the white vinegar to sweet from the sweet relish.
The next time you’re in the mood for some fast food but don’t want to to indulge in the real deal big mac burger from Mcdonald’s, you can whip up the sauce at home and add to any of the items listed below.
Table of Contents
DIFFERENT WAYS TO USE THIS HOMEMADE BIG MAC SAUCE RECIPE
This versatile sauce can be used in many different ways. A few of my favorite ways are:
- On a burger patty
- As a dipping sauce for chicken tenders, french fries or onion rings
- As creamy salad dressing in a big mac salad bowl
- The perfect sauce for a baked potato
- Adding it as a mayonnaise or miracle whip replacement on sandwiches
BIG MAC SAUCE INGREDIENTS
You will need the following ingredients listed below to make the big mac® sauce recipe (the exact measurements and full recipe are in the recipe card at the bottom of this post):
- Mayonnaise – or plain greek yogurt for a higher protein option. The quality of the mayonnaise will definitely affect the overall flavor of the sauce, so make sure it’s high quality and not miracle whip.
- Ketchup – I use sugar free ketchup but regular ketchup will work great.
- Yellow mustard – adds tanginess and acid to balance the flavors out.
- Sweet pickle relish – I prefer sweet pickle relish to dill pickle relish. It adds sweetness to the sauce without the grainy texture from added sugar.
- White vinegar – or apple cider vinegar
- Garlic powder – less than a tsp garlic powder
- Onion powder – less than a tsp onion powder
- Paprika – less than a tsp paprika
- Optional – sesame seeds to mimic a sesame seed bun, or sriratcha to spice the sauce up a bit.
HOW TO MAKE THE MCDONALD’S BIG MAC SAUCE RECIPE
In a small bowl, mix together all ingredients. Cover and put in the refrigerator for 2-3 hours or overnight for all the flavors to mix together.
Serve on burgers, with chicken nuggets or in a Big Mac Salad Bowl.
HOW TO STORE THE COPYCAT BIG MAC SAUCE RECIPE
You can store the leftover sauce in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week. Because the homemade sauce isn’t made with preservatives, it will go bad much quicker than french dressing or the original formula you buy on a big mac burger.
Some Other Delicious Copycat Recipes You May Like To Try
- Copycat Starbucks Egg White Bites
- Copycat Starbucks Spinach Feta Wrap Recipe
- Homemade Copycat Perfect Bars Recipe
- How To Make Starbucks Sweet Cream Cold Brew
- KFC Style Popcorn Chicken Recipe (Vegan)
Copycat Mcdonald's Big Mac Sauce Recipe
This Mcdonald's Big Mac Sauce Recipe is one of the best copycat recipes to enjoy on some beef patties with a side of french fries. This famous sauce is a great way to enjoy homemade burgers, without any added sugar and a simple ingredient list.
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp ketchup, can use sugar free
- 1 tbsp yellow mustard
- 2 tbsp sweet pickle relish
- 2 tsp white vinegar, or apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- In a small bowl, mix together all ingredients. Cover and put in the refrigerator for 2-3 hours or overnight for all the flavors to mix together.
- Serve on burgers, with chicken nuggets or in a Big Mac Salad Bowl.
Serving Size:1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g
IF YOU TRIED THIS RECIPE PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT AND STAR RATING. I LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOUR CREATIONS! YOU CAN PIN THIS RECIPE ON PINTEREST OR SHARE ON INSTAGRAM BY TAGGING @basicswithbails and #basicswithbails
I love to bake, cook, exercise, and document all of the above. Nutrition is not low fat. It is not low calorie. It’s not feeling deprived or being hungry all the time. It’s nourishing your body with real, whole foods so that you are consistently satisfied and energized to live your life to the fullest! Read more…
This dip is fabulous & love how you have added the sugar free ketchup & Greek yogurt option for a healthier version!!
making this tomorrow! yummmm