This easy air fryer apple crisp with a cinnamon oat topping have all the flavors we love in an apple crumble and will have your sweet cravings satisfied, without all of the extra calories. Gluten-free & vegan, this easy dessert is sure to satisfy those cravings for a traditional apple pie!
These Air Fryer Baked Apples are the perfect fall-inspired apple dessert when you’re craving something sweet and comforting yet light.
My air fried apples are filled with a delicious cinnamon oat crisp and baked to perfection in the air fryer within minutes. They can be enjoyed on their own or topped with ice cream or whipped cream for the ultimate treat.
They are basically like an apple crisp or quick apple crumble just made in the air fryer and, well, way easier to make than an apple crisp recipe. No apple peeling and slicing.
Made with simple ingredients, they can be ready in just 15 minutes and can also be made in the oven if you don’t have an air fryer. This classic dessert just got a lot easier and is perfect to serve as an individual dessert.
What I love about air fryer cinnamon baked apples is that you get your sweet cravings satisfied, without all of the extra calories and added sugars of say, a slice of apple pie.
Baked fruits like pears, plums and apples are a great way to serve desserts that are light yet cozy and comforting. The fruit tends to get sweeter and softer, making it even more delicious when paired with a crispy oat topping and some melty ice cream or whipped cream.
I have also made Air Fryer Apple Chips from fresh apple slices. Air fryer recipes have got to be my favorite type of recipes as they’re so easy and take no cooking time.
Table of Contents
INGREDIENTS FOR THE AIR FRYER APPLE CRISP RECIPE:
You will need the following ingredients listed below to make this apple filling (the exact measurements, nutritional information, and full recipe are in the printable recipe card below):
- Fresh apples – the kind of apples you choose does matter. Choose the type of apples that hold their shape like Gala, Granny Smith, Fuji, Jonagold, Golden Delicious, Braeburn, Pink Lady, or Honeycrisp apples.
- spices – just cinnamon is great but if you want, add in a pinch of nutmeg or cloves as well
- gluten-free quick oats
- maple syrup lends sweetness to our oatmeal crisp topping
- coconut oil spray – helps get the oatmeal crisp to stick together. Melted coconut oil or melted butter also work.
- optional – white sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon sugar, all purpose flour and cold butter for an easy streusel topping.
HOW TO MAKE THE AIR FRYER APPLE CRUMBLE
I’m not joking around when I say this is such an easy apple crispy recipe. I also think this is much tastier than a grocery store bought apple crisp.
All you have to do is halve an apple. If you decide to only use half the apple then I suggest using lemon juice on the other half to keep it fresh.
Then, using a small ice cream scoop, spoon or pairing knife, scoop out the core and seeds, along with some flesh to form a cavity, big enough to hold the crumble topping.
Then stir together cinnamon, oats, and maple syrup in a medium bowl and add some coconut oil spray to make it all stick together, then air fry the apples in your air fryer basket.
You can use aluminum foil to wrap the apples in to reduce the mess it makes, but this step is not necessary. Just like that you’ve got yourself homemade apple crispy for a lower calorie diet.
HOW TO SERVE AIR FRIED BAKED APPLES?
I like to serve these air-fried baked apples still hot with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top, but what’s stopping you from drizzling them with (vegan) salted caramel sauce or topping them with a dollop of coconut whipped cream for an easy dairy-free dessert or sweet snack?
You could also serve these for a light breakfast, topped with some greek yogurt on top or on the side. Sounds like the perfect fall breakfast to me!
If you do not finish your individual air fryer apple crisps you can store them in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 2 days. To reheat, add back to air fryer to achieve that crunchy topping once again.
WHICH APPLES ARE BEST FOR MAKING BAKED APPLES?
I usually go for apples that are firm and hold their shape during baking but yet are still slightly tender apples. My favorite apples to use in this recipe are Gala, Granny Smith apples, Fuji, Jonagold, Braeburn, Pink Lady, or Honey crisp. They are all great choices.
More Fall-Inspired Apple Recipes You Will Love
- Pumpkin Baked Oats
- Gluten Free Pumpkin Muffins
- Gluten Free Bread Pudding
- Banana Bread Baked Oats
- Biscoff Baked Oats
- 1 apple
- 3 tbsp certified gluten free oats
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- coconut oil spray
- Wash apple and cut in half. Remove the core and seeds on both halves.
- Mix together the oats, cinnamon and maple syrup in a small bowl. Spray with coconut spray until the mixture sticks together slightly and becomes more like a crumble.
- Spray the apple halves with coconut oil spray, and sprinkle with cinnamon. Top with the crumble and air fry at 350F for 20 minutes, or until softened.
- Serve warm with ice cream and enjoy!
Serving Size:1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g
I love to bake, cook, exercise, and document all of the above. Nutrition is not low fat. It is not low calorie. It’s not feeling deprived or being hungry all the time. It’s nourishing your body with real, whole foods so that you are consistently satisfied and energized to live your life to the fullest! Read more…