These No Bake Peanut Butter Balls are made with simple ingredients and are a family favorite. It’s an easy dessert recipe made with natural peanut butter that are perfect for the holiday season.
I love a good old no bake dessert. When you combine peanut butter filling and a chocolate mixture it’s truly a match made in heaven.
They are similar to reese’s peanut butter cups that you buy from the grocery store, but arguably better. They are such an easy recipe to whip up, and take such little time to make.
Out of all peanut butter recipes I’ve made I think this one takes the cake. If you love peanut butter you need to try my Gluten Free Peanut Butter Cookies and my Chocolate Peanut Butter Overnight Oats.
Homemade peanut butter balls can be hit and miss. Some are unbelievably delicious with great texture and the perfect peanut butter combination. Others are way too sweet or have an excess chocolate drip.
Pb balls have always been a dessert family tradition around Christmas time. They are one of our favorite sweet treats, so I was bound and determined to create the very best recipe.
After testing a few different recipes, my favorite way to make them is by adding graham crackers. It adds a little crunch and gives them a bit of a shortbread feel to them.
Pro tip – if you want enough to serve at a holiday get together or Christmas party, make sure you double or triple the batch. This is the best chocolate peanut butter balls recipe, I can guarantee it.
Table of Contents
INGREDIENTS FOR EASY PEANUT BUTTER BALLS
You will need the following ingredients listed below to make this no bake peanut butter balls recipe (the exact measurements and full recipe are in the recipe card at the bottom of this post):
- Creamy peanut butter – could also use crunchy peanut butter but it will not give as smooth as a bite. If you are allergic to peanut butter you could also try almond butter, cashew butter or sun-butter.
- Butter – room temperature or melted is best
- Graham crackers – blend them into graham cracker crumbs or buy them already as crumbs. Gluten free or regular.
- Powdered sugar
- Chocolate – semi-sweet chocolate, dark chocolate, or white chocolate chips all work depending on what flavor you’re going for.
- Optional – coconut oil to help melt the chocolate coating, vanilla extract for more flavor, rice krispies for a crunch, or sea salt to sprinkle on top.
HOW TO MAKE THIS CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER TREAT
Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or wax paper and set aside.
In a medium bowl, combine the peanut butter, graham cracker crumbs, powdered sugar and butter. Mix until smooth.
Shape into 10 balls. Add to cookie sheet and place in freezer for 15-20 minutes to firm up, or in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
Melt chocolate or melt chocolate chips in microwave-safe bowl in 30 second increments. Or melt using the double boiler method using a bowl and the top of a saucepan over the stove. Using a few forks or spoons, dunk each ball into the melted chocolate, making sure all sides are covered.
Add back to freezer for another 10 minutes for chocolate to set, or in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
Store peanut butter balls in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
STORING THE OLD FASHIONED PEANUT BUTTER BALLS
Transfer the no bake peanut butter balls to an airtight container and refrigerate for up to two weeks. Since these will get eaten very quickly, I recommend making a double batch or triple batch and freezing these in plastic bags.
FREEZING THE PEANUT BUTTER BALLS RECIPE
Freeze the chocolate dipped peanut butter balls in a freezer-safe bag for up to three months. You can also freeze the peanut butter dough without the chocolate and dunk them in chocolate at a later date.
OTHER DELICIOUS HOLIDAY SWEET TREAT RECIPES
- 30 Easy Christmas Cookie Recipes With Few Ingredients
- Christmas Chocolate Peppermint Truffles
- Easy Peanut Butter Marshmallow Squares
- Heart Shaped Jam Thumbprint Cookies
- Gluten Free Dairy Free Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp butter, softened
- 2/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium size bowl, combine the peanut butter, graham cracker crumbs, powdered sugar and butter. Mix until smooth.
- Shape into 10 balls. Add to baking sheet and place in freezer for 15-20 minutes to firm up, or in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Melt chocolate in microwave in 30 second increments. Or melt chocolate using the double boiler method over the stove. Using a few forks or spoons, dunk each ball into the chocolate, making sure all sides are covered.
- Add back to freezer for another 10 minutes for chocolate to set, or in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Store peanut butter balls in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Serving Size:1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 192Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 6mgSodium: 100mgCarbohydrates: 19gFiber: 2gSugar: 14gProtein: 4g
The nutrition information provided is calculated based on industry-standard software and should be used as a general guide only. The information may vary depending on ingredient substitutions, cooking techniques, and individual serving sizes. It is the responsibility of the reader to ensure the accuracy and appropriateness of the nutritional information provided. Always consult a qualified healthcare provider for personalized medical or nutritional advice.
I love to bake, cook, exercise, and document all of the above. Nutrition is not low fat. It is not low calorie. It’s not feeling deprived or being hungry all the time. It’s nourishing your body with real, whole foods so that you are consistently satisfied and energized to live your life to the fullest! Read more…