Chocolate Peanut Butter Overnight Oats
Chocolate Peanut Butter Overnight Oats are an easy make-ahead breakfast you’ll make all the time. A healthy sweet breakfast that tastes just like a snickers bar but is gluten-free, vegan, and can be made in just 5 minutes!
These peanut butter protein overnight oats might be my new favourite overnight oat flavour. They basically taste like a snickers bar so if that’s your jam then these chocolate peanut butter oats might be on constant rotation.
What’s not to love about oats that taste like chocolate milk and peanut butter, two favourite childhood flavours that just make us feel better and take the edge off any stressful morning?
These oats are easy to prep in just minutes and you can eat them straight out of the fridge or warm them up in the microwave if you prefer a hot breakfast. My chocolate peanut butter oats are gluten-free and, if using almond milk and maple syrup instead of honey, also vegan.
These healthy chocolate oats are the best start to your day and trust me, once you have had them once you will crave them all the time, not just for breakfast but also as a healthy snack for whenever you crave something sweet and soul-hugging.
If you like the idea of having breakfast ready as soon as you wake up, also try my Birthday Cake Overnight Oats and my Gluten Free Key Lime Pie Overnight Oats
INGREDIENTS FOR MAKING OVERNIGHT OATS
- gluten-free oats – people with celiac disease or gluten sensitivity should use oats that are labeled “gluten-free,”
- I use almond milk but any plant-based milk will do
- cocoa powder – unsweetened natural cocoa powder
- chocolate peanut butter protein powder – I used PEScience – use code BAILEY at checkout for $$ off
- chia seeds help thicken the pudding some more and also add omega 3
- peanut butter – natural smooth peanut butter works best. If your peanut butter is very firm or if you stored it in the fridge you can pop it into the microwave for 5 seconds to make it all easier to stir
- maple syrup adds a touch of sweetness. If you’re not vegan, you can also use the same amount of honey
- chocolate chips -this is an optional add-in and you can use cocoa nibs instead
- I used PEScience protein powder for this recipe but you could totally add pb2 powdered peanut butter for pb2 overnight oats.
- Want to add a pb&j twist? Add a swirl of raspberry jam or top your peanut butter overnight oatmeal with fresh raspberries. Or skip the peanut butter and use chocolate protein powder to make these chocolate raspberry overnight oats.
- For Nutella overnight oats, add hazelnut butter instead of peanut butter and use chocolate protein powder instead of peanut butter protein powder.
- For dark chocolate overnight oats double the amount of cocoa powder and maybe add some more maple syrup
Chocolate Peanut Butter Overnight Oats
Chocolate Peanut Butter Overnight Oats are an easy make-ahead breakfast you’ll make all the time. It tastes just like a snickers bar but is gluten-free, vegan, and can be made in just 5 minutes!
- 1/2 cup certified gluten free oats
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/2 scoop chocolate peanut butter protein powder, I used PEScience - can use code BAILEY at checkout for money off all products
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- 1/2 tbsp maple syrup or honey, optional
- 1-2 tbsp chocolate chips, optional
- Mix all ingredients in a Tupperware or glass container or jar.
- Refrigerate for 4 hours minimum, preferably overnight.
- In the morning, grab and go. Enjoy!
Serving Size:1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g
More High Protein Ideas For Breakfast
Healthy High Protein Cheesecake (Biscoff)
Gluten Free High Protein Carrot Cake Baked Oats
Superfood Protein Breakfast Cookies (Gluten Free & Dairy Free)
Gluten Free Protein Chocolate Chip Cookies
I LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOUR CREATIONS! YOU CAN PIN THIS RECIPE ON PINTEREST OR SHARE ON INSTAGRAM BY TAGGING @basicswithbails and #basicswithbails
I love to bake, cook, exercise, and document all of the above. Nutrition is not low fat. It is not low calorie. It’s not feeling deprived or being hungry all the time. It’s nourishing your body with real, whole foods so that you are consistently satisfied and energized to live your life to the fullest! Read more…
Omg, yum! I’m eating this right now and it’s so delicious. I just used a vanilla flavoured protein and it’s still so good. Thanks for sharing! X
So glad to hear that! Thank you for the 5 star review! x