These dreamy Peaches and Cream Overnight Oats are the ultimate gluten-free and protein-packed breakfast or snack! They are made with wholesome ingredients, like rolled oats, Greek yogurt, protein powder, fresh peach slices and come together in just minutes.
We’re entering peak peach season and if you have some gorgeous ripe peaches on your kitchen counter right now, then this is the best time to make my Peaches & Cream Overnight Oats! If you’re like me and LOVE everything peaches and cream, this might be one of the best overnight oats recipes for you.
Ripe summer peaches are swirled into creamy vanilla protein oats. Simply divine!
We love overnight oats around here! Besides the amazing health benefits of overnight oats, l also like that they require very little prep time (really just minutes) and the fridge does the rest of the work for the next morning!
So convenient, especially in summer when you don’t feel like turning on the stove to make porridge.
Table of Contents
WHY IS THIS ONE OF THE BEST OVERNIGHT OAT RECIPES
Swoon! This summery protein overnight oats recipe is absolutely delicious and versatile! You can use any other stone fruit, like apricots, plums or cherries.
As with some of my high protein overnight oats recipes, these are packed with plant-based protein thanks to PESience protein powder! Having a serving of protein powder overnight oats is a simple and delicious way to sneak some more protein into your daily diet.
There is NO ADDED SUGAR in these, as the fresh organic peaches already add a bit of sweetness to the oatmeal. If your peaches are not perfectly ripe and sweet, you can add a teaspoon of maple syrup.
I also added some chia seeds to the base. I love them because they add a bit of fiber, protein and omega-3 fatty acids and they help absorb some of the liquid making our oats extra creamy.
INGREDIENTS NEEDED FOR MAKING THIS PEACHES AND CREAM OATS RECIPE
You will need the following ingredients listed below to make this healthy breakfast (the exact measurements, step-by-step instructions and the full recipe are in the printable recipe card below):
- Certified gluten-free oats – if you are not celiac or gluten intolerant, like myself, you can use regular oats. Quick oats, old fashioned oats or rolled oats all work great, just steer clear of steel cut oats.
- Fresh peaches – My peach was very ripe so I added no additional sweetener to this recipe.
- Unsweetened almond milk is my preference for making overnight oats but any non-dairy milk will work (such as soy milk, oat milk, coconut milk, etc). Regular milk will work as well if you would prefer to use that.
- Chia seeds up the nutritional value with healthy fats and help thicken the mixture some more. If skip them but still want your oats nice and thick, you should reduce the amount of milk a bit or add more oats.
- Protein powder – I love stirring protein powder into my overnight oats to turn them into protein oats. My favorite protein powder on the market is PEScience, I use their Gourmet Vanilla flavor in almost all of my overnight and baked oat recipes. If you want to try out any of their products use my code “BAILEY” at checkout to save yourself money!
- Plain greek yogurt, cream cheese and white chocolate are combined to form the top layer aka the ganache. Alternatively you can use a non-dairy yogurt if desired.
- toppings: for some crunch, I added some pumpkin seeds and homemade granola but any nuts or seeds will do. Hazelnuts, almonds, pecans, and pistachios also go very well with peaches. Other delicious toppings would be almond butter, brown sugar, peanut butter, flax seed, cashew butter, etc.
WHICH OATS SHALL I USE FOR MAKING OVERNIGHT OATS?
While Instant oats work, I find old-fashioned rolled oats are the best when it comes to the variety to use for overnight oats. They’ll give you that perfectly creamy, smooth texture with just the right amount of chew.
HOW TO STORE LEFTOVERS
You most likely will not have leftovers as this is single serving, but if you do here is how to store it.
- Refrigeration: Place the container with the leftover overnight oats in the refrigerator as soon as possible after you’re done enjoying your meal.
- Sealed Container: Transfer the leftover oats to an airtight container. This helps prevent any moisture from getting in and keeps the oats fresh.
- Separation: Over time, the oats might settle, and the mixture may separate. Before eating, give the oats a good stir to mix everything back together evenly.
- Fruit Toppings: If you’ve added fresh fruit as a topping, keep in mind that some fruits may become softer or release juices, which could affect the texture of the oats. Consider adding delicate fruits like berries just before you’re ready to eat to maintain their freshness.
- Consumption: For the best quality and flavor, it’s recommended to consume leftover overnight oats within a few days of preparing them. While the oats might still be safe to eat beyond that time frame, the texture and taste may change.
HOW LONG DOES THIS LAST IN THE REFRIGERATOR?
This easy breakfast can be refrigerated for up to 4-5 days. The oats will remain fresh and safe to eat during this time. However, keep in mind that the texture of the oats may change slightly over a few days.
WHAT IS THE BEST CONTAINER FOR THE COLD OATS?
There are lots of different options for protein overnight oats.
- Wide mouth mason jars – this option is very handy when prepping the overnight protein oats.
- Tupperware or meal prep containers – this option is great when you are prepping a bunch of protein powder overnight oats ahead of time. During the busy mornings you can just grab and go!
- A bowl – this is more so for the stay at home mom who may want to reheat your high protein overnight oats recipe in the morning!
WHAT ELSE CAN I STIR INTO OVERNIGHT OATS?
It may be tempting to stir all kinds of nuts and fruit into the oats before you go to bed, but try to hold back and don’t add more than the recommended amount of fresh peach. Just like the oats, anything you add to the liquid is going to soak and soften so you’ll be left with too much mushy fruit.
Instead, top the oats with more peaches and sprinkle granola on top in the morning.
More Delicious Breakfast Recipes You May Like To Try!
- Gluten Free Key Lime Pie Overnight Oats
- Carrot Cake Overnight Oats
- Strawberry Cheesecake Overnight Oats
- Biscoff Overnight Oats
- Easy Blueberry Overnight Oats
- 1/2 cup certified gluten free oats
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 1/2 scoop vanilla protein powder
- 1/4 peach, chopped into small pieces
FOR WHITE CHOCOLATE CREAM GANACHE
- 1/3 cup Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp white chocolate chips
- 1.5 tbsp cream cheese
- 1/2 peach, chopped into small pieces
- granola or nuts, for topping
- Add all oat ingredients to a bowl of jar. Stir well and refrigerate for minimum 1 hour.
- Microwave white chocolate in a small bowl (white chocolate bars and Enjoy Life Foods chips melt a lot easier than traditional white chocolate chips). Mix in with Greek yogurt and room temperature cream cheese. I used a whisk to get rid of lumps.
- Remove oats from refrigerator and pour ganache overtop and put back in fridge overnight to set.
- In the morning, top with chopped peaches, granola and grab and go!
I used PEScience Gourmet Vanilla protein powder - use code BAILEY at checkout for $$ off all products
Serving Size:1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g
I love to bake, cook, exercise, and document all of the above. Nutrition is not low fat. It is not low calorie. It’s not feeling deprived or being hungry all the time. It’s nourishing your body with real, whole foods so that you are consistently satisfied and energized to live your life to the fullest! Read more…