These Banana Chocolate Chip Sheet Pan Pancakes are a simple way to make a batch of pancakes in no time at all. This easy recipe can be ready ahead of time with less mess, and is perfect for a large crowd who want a healthy breakfast recipe.
Fluffy pancake recipes are my jam. I used to be guilty of always buying pancake mix from the store because it was the simplest way to get breakfast on the table in a pinch.
Then came along sheet pan meals. This pancake batter is super easy to make, and is ready in about 20 minutes or less.
These golden brown pancakes are a real treat for the whole family or a gathering! They are eggless and made with 10 simple ingredients you probably already have on hand!
These banana chocolate chip pancakes are a great way to get breakfast on the table with family and friends, or as make-ahead, grab & go breakfasts throughout the week!
This recipe is ideal for a crowd with different dietary restrictions, because it eliminates many common food allergens (gluten, dairy, eggs, nuts, etc).
If you love easy breakfast recipes you may also want to try my 11 Easy High Protein Baked Oats Recipes (Gluten Free) paired with my Copycat Starbucks Chai Tea Latte Recipe.
Table of Contents
INGREDIENTS YOU WILL NEED FOR THIS EASY BREAKFAST
You will need the following ingredients listed below to make these delicious cinnamon buns (the exact measurements and full recipe are in the recipe card at the bottom of this post):
- Almond milk
- Apple cider vinegar
- Gluten Free Flour – you can also use all-purpose flour if you are not gluten intolerant.
- Baking powder
- Vanilla Extract
- Maple Syrup
- Coconut oil
- Chocolate chips
HOW TO MAKE GLUTEN FREE SHEET PANCAKES
Preheat oven to 425F and line baking sheet with parchment paper. Spray parchment paper with non stick cooking spray.
In medium bowl, combine the apple cider vinegar with the almond milk. Let sit to thicken.
In a large bowl whisk together gluten free flour, baking powder and salt. Add the vanilla, maple syrup, and melted coconut oil to the almond milk mixture.
Add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, and stir until just combined. Then add half the chocolate chips.
Pour batter onto sheet pan (I used a 10×15″) and smooth out using spatula and by tapping the pan on the counter to remove any air bubbles. The smoother, the better, because it doesn’t smooth on its own.
Bake at 425F for about 5 minutes, then add banana slices and remainder of chocolate chips on top. Continue to bake in oven for another 10-12 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.
If you want to brown the top, broil for 1-2 minutes, keeping a close eye so the pancakes don’t burn. Slice into 12-15 slices, and serve with icing sugar, drizzle of maple syrup, coconut yogurt, more fresh sliced bananas, fresh berries or any of your favorite toppings!
TIPS FOR MAKING THESE SHEET PAN CHOCOLATE CHIP PANCAKES
- Line the baking tray with parchment paper AND spray the paper with nonstick spray! This makes it easy for everything to come out nicely!
- Use a gluten free flour that contains xanthan gum, I used Bobs Red Mill 1:1 baking flour. If your gluten free flour does not contain xanthan gum, you may need to add some to the recipe!
- Use a baking sheet with higher ledges if you have! I’ve tested this recipe with 2 different baking sheets, and the pancakes do turn out thicker and fluffier with a baking sheet with more room to heighten!
- Use a pizza cutter to slice up these bad boys into individual pancakes! Saves time and a lot of mess.
- Make sure to use your favorite pancake toppings and additional maple syrup.
WHY THESE EASY BANANA PANCAKES ARE THE BEST
Pancakes are one of my favourite family breakfasts, but making them is the absolute worst. Because you have to cook them in batches, everyone is chowing down on the delicious fluffy pancakes, while you slave away over the skillet, flipping your life away.
Once you have finally finished cooking everything and you’re about to sit down to eat, everyone else is done. You eat alone, in silence, while forgetting about the last few pancakes on the skillet, and they burn.
Okay that was a bit dramatic but you get the drift. They are delicious but THEY SUCK.
Which is why sheet pan pancakes are the way to GO! You can prepare everything ahead of time, and toss it in the oven.
This gives you 15-20 minutes to clean the kitchen up and get everything ready. You can also visit with family and friends, and eat with everyone else, it’s a beautiful thing.
HOW TO STORE THIS DELICIOUS BREAKFAST
- Store leftover banana chocolate chip sheet pan pancakes in an airtight container in the fridge (they stay fresh for 3-4 days).
- You can reheat them in the microwave or in the toaster for an easy grab and go breakfast!
- They also freeze very well! I have made them and froze half the batch in a freezer bag to keep them very fresh for future meal prep!
This recipe was inspired and adapted from Rabbit and Wolves Vegan Triple Berry Sheet Pan Pancakes!
WANT MORE BREAKFAST IDEAS? CHECK THESE OUT!
- Easy 3 Ingredient Mini Gluten Free Bagel Bites
- 15 High Protein Overnight Oats Recipes
- Gluten Free Morning Glory Muffins
- Gluten Free Peanut Butter Cup Granola
- The Best Fluffy Plant Based Cinnamon Rolls
- 3 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 3 cups gluten free flour, I used Bobs Red Mill 1:1
- 3 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 bananas
- 2/3 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 425F and line baking sheet with parchment paper. Spray parchment paper with non stick cooking spray.
- In medium size bowl, combine the apple cider vinegar with the almond milk. Let sit to thicken.
- In a large bowl whisk together gluten free flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add the vanilla, maple syrup, and melted coconut oil to the almond milk mixture.
- Add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, and stir until just combined. Then add half the chocolate chips.
- Pour onto sheet pan (I used a 10x15") and smooth out using spatula and by tapping the pan on the counter to remove any air bubbles. The smoother, the better, because it doesn’t smooth on its own.
- Bake at 425F for about 5 minutes, then add sliced banana pieces and remainder of chocolate chips on top. Continue to bake in oven for another 10-12 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean. If you want to brown the top, broil for 1-2 minutes, keeping a close eye so the pancakes don't burn.
- Slice into 12-15 slices, and serve with icing sugar, maple syrup, coconut yogurt, more fresh bananas, or whatever your heart desires!
Serving Size:1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 266Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 563mgCarbohydrates: 42gFiber: 2gSugar: 13gProtein: 4g
The nutrition information provided is calculated based on industry-standard software and should be used as a general guide only. The information may vary depending on ingredient substitutions, cooking techniques, and individual serving sizes. It is the responsibility of the reader to ensure the accuracy and appropriateness of the nutritional information provided. Always consult a qualified healthcare provider for personalized medical or nutritional advice.
IF YOU TRIED THESE BANANA CHOCOLATE CHIP SHEET PAN PANCAKES PLEASE LEAVE IT A COMMENT AND STAR RATING. I LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOUR CREATIONS! YOU CAN PIN THIS RECIPE ON PINTEREST OR SHARE ON INSTAGRAM BY TAGGING @basicswithbails and #basicswithbails
I love to bake, cook, exercise, and document all of the above. Nutrition is not low fat. It is not low calorie. It’s not feeling deprived or being hungry all the time. It’s nourishing your body with real, whole foods so that you are consistently satisfied and energized to live your life to the fullest! Read more…