This pumpkin coffee syrup recipe is the perfect way to enjoy your coffee drinks when that time of year rolls around. Made with simple ingredients, this decadent syrup is perfect for Starbucks Pumpkin spice lattes, cold drinks, pumpkin ice cream, and really any pumpkin spice version of all your favorite treats.
As the leaves start to turn shades of crimson and gold and there’s a nip in the air, it’s time to cozy up with a cup of coffee that embodies the essence of fall. Enter Homemade Pumpkin Coffee Syrup, a delightful concoction that transforms your morning brew into a warm and spiced masterpiece.
In this blog post, we’ll guide you through creating your very own pumpkin-infused coffee syrup, elevating your coffee game to a whole new level of seasonal bliss.
Fall and pumpkin-flavored everything seem to go hand in hand. The rich, earthy sweetness of pumpkin combined with the bold, robust flavors of coffee creates a synergy that’s irresistible.
Homemade Pumpkin Coffee Syrup allows you to bring this magical combination to your daily coffee routine.
If you love iced coffee and pumpkin spice flavor you may want to try my Starbucks Pumpkin Cream Cold Foam Recipe.
Table of Contents
WHAT IS HOMEMADE PUMPKIN SYRUP?
Homemade Pumpkin Coffee Syrup is a sweet and spiced syrup made from a blend of pumpkin puree, sugar, spices, and vanilla extract. It’s designed to enhance the flavor of coffee, creating a warm and aromatic beverage with the taste of pumpkin spice.
INGREDIENTS YOU WILL NEED FOR THE PUMPKIN COFFEE SYRUP RECIPE
You will need the following ingredients listed below to make the pumpkin spice sauce (the exact measurements, full instructions and full recipe are in the printable recipe card at the bottom of this post):
- Dark brown sugar – or granulated white sugar
- Canned pumpkin puree
- Pumpkin pie spice – alternatively can use a combination of ground cinnamon (or cinnamon sticks), ground nutmeg and ground cloves.
- Vanilla extract
HOW TO MAKE
In a small saucepan, combine the water and sugar. Heat over medium heat, stirring until the sugar completely dissolves and the mixture comes to a gentle boil.
Reduce the heat to low and whisk in the canned pumpkin puree. Continue to whisk until the mixture is smooth and the pumpkin is fully incorporated.
Stir in the pumpkin spice mix. This will infuse the syrup with the warm and aromatic flavors of pumpkin spice.
Allow the syrup to simmer gently for about 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally. This helps the flavors meld together.
Remove the saucepan from the heat and stir in the vanilla extract. This adds a layer of depth and sweetness to the syrup.
To ensure a smooth syrup, strain it through a fine mesh strainer or cheesecloth into a heatproof container. This will remove any solids and leave you with a silky syrup.
Allow the syrup to cool to room temperature before storing it in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
WHEN TO USE YOUR STARBUCKS PUMPKIN SPICE SYRUP
Now that you’ve crafted your Homemade Pumpkin Coffee Syrup, it’s time to savor it in your favorite coffee beverages. Here are some delightful ways to enjoy it:
1. Pumpkin Spice Latte: Add a splash of your homemade syrup to a latte, along with steamed milk, for a comforting pumpkin spice latte.
2. Pumpkin Cold Brew: Stir the syrup into cold brew coffee and top with ice and a drizzle of cream for a refreshing autumn treat.
3. Pumpkin Coffee: Simply mix the syrup into your regular morning coffee to give it a seasonal twist.
4. Dessert Drizzler: Use the syrup as a drizzle for desserts like ice cream, pancakes, or waffles for an extra burst of pumpkin flavor.
5. Gift Giving: Consider bottling your Homemade Pumpkin Coffee Syrup in a decorative container and giving it as a thoughtful homemade gift to friends and family.
Embrace the fall season with every sip by adding Homemade Pumpkin Coffee Syrup to your morning ritual. The warmth and spice it brings to your coffee will make it a cherished part of your autumn mornings. Whether you’re crafting a cozy cup for yourself or sharing it with loved ones, this syrup will infuse your daily brew with the flavors of the season.
Storing your Homemade Pumpkin Coffee Syrup properly is essential to maintain its freshness and flavor. Here’s how to store it:
- Transfer the cooled syrup to an airtight mason jar or plastic container with a tight-fitting lid.
- Store the container in the refrigerator. The cool temperature helps preserve the syrup and prevent spoilage.
- Make sure to label the container with the date of preparation to keep track of its freshness.
2. Avoid Freezing:
- It’s not recommended to freeze Homemade Pumpkin Coffee Syrup. Freezing can change the texture and consistency of the syrup, affecting its quality.
3. Keep It Sealed:
- Always ensure the container is tightly sealed when not in use. This prevents moisture and odors from the refrigerator from affecting the syrup’s flavor.
4. Shelf Life:
- Homemade Pumpkin Coffee Syrup can typically be stored in the refrigerator for up to 2-3 weeks.
5. Shake Before Use:
- Before using the syrup, give it a gentle shake or stir to evenly distribute any settled spices or solids.
CAN I USE FRESH REAL PUMPKIN PUREE INSTEAD OF CANNED?
Certainly! Homemade pumpkin puree can be used instead of canned pumpkin puree. Make sure to cook, mash, and drain the fresh pumpkin thoroughly before incorporating it into the pumpkin coffee syrup recipe.
CAN I USE THIS PUMPKIN SAUCE IN OTHER DRINK AND FOOD RECIPES?
Absolutely! Homemade Pumpkin Coffee Syrup can be used to flavor a variety of beverages, such as lattes, hot chocolates, and teas. Additionally, it can be drizzled over desserts like ice cream, pumpkin pancakes, french toast, waffles, or used as a sweetener in pumpkin treats.
CAN I FREEZE THE HOMEMADE PUMPKIN SPICE SYRUP RECIPE?
It’s not recommended to freeze the homemade simple syrup, as freezing can alter its texture and flavor.
CAN I MAKE A LARGER BATCH FOR GIFTING?
Certainly! You can scale up the recipe to make a larger batch for gifting to friends and family. Consider packaging it in decorative containers for a thoughtful homemade gift during the fall season.
More Pumpkin Recipes You May Like To Try!
- Pumpkin Pie Protein Cheesecakes
- Gluten-Free Pumpkin Muffins
- Starbucks Pumpkin Cream Cold Foam
- Blended Pumpkin Baked Oats
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Overnight Oats
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1/2 tbsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- In a small saucepan, combine the water and sugar. Heat over medium heat, stirring until the sugar completely dissolves and the mixture comes to a gentle boil.
- Reduce the heat to low and whisk in the canned pumpkin puree. Continue to whisk until the mixture is smooth and the pumpkin is fully incorporated.
- Stir in the pumpkin spice mix. This will infuse the syrup with the warm and aromatic flavors of pumpkin spice.
- Allow the syrup to simmer gently for about 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally. This helps the flavors meld together.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and stir in the vanilla extract. This adds a layer of depth and sweetness to the syrup.
- To ensure a smooth syrup, strain it through a fine mesh strainer or cheesecloth into a heatproof container. This will remove any solids and leave you with a silky syrup.
- Allow the syrup to cool to room temperature before storing it in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 64Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 6mgCarbohydrates: 16gFiber: 0gSugar: 15gProtein: 0g
The nutrition information provided is calculated based on industry-standard software and should be used as a general guide only. The information may vary depending on ingredient substitutions, cooking techniques, and individual serving sizes. It is the responsibility of the reader to ensure the accuracy and appropriateness of the nutritional information provided. Always consult a qualified healthcare provider for personalized medical or nutritional advice.
IF YOU TRIED THIS DELICIOUS PUMPKIN SPICE SYRUP PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT AND STAR RATING. I LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOUR CREATIONS! YOU CAN PIN THIS RECIPE ON PINTEREST OR SHARE ON INSTAGRAM BY TAGGING @basicswithbails and #basicswithbails
I love to bake, cook, exercise, and document all of the above. Nutrition is not low fat. It is not low calorie. It’s not feeling deprived or being hungry all the time. It’s nourishing your body with real, whole foods so that you are consistently satisfied and energized to live your life to the fullest! Read more…