This creamy espresso martini recipe is the perfect drink for coffee lovers. Made with fresh espresso, Irish cream liqueur and vodka, this coffee cocktail will take your evening to the next level.
Step into the world of cocktail alchemy where coffee meets vodka in a frothy, fabulous dance of flavors. The creamy espresso martini, a beloved concoction among coffee enthusiasts and cocktail aficionados, is about to become your new favorite treat.
In this delightful blog post, we’ll spill the beans (coffee beans, that is) on how to whip up a the best espresso martini in the comfort of your own home. The rich coffee flavor paired with the creamy foam and sweetness is truly a match made in coffee heaven.
Table of Contents
INGREDIENTS YOU NEED FOR THE ESPRESSO MARTINI RECIPE
You will need the following ingredients listed below to make the perfect after-dinner drink (the exact measurements and full recipe are in the printable recipe card at the bottom of the post):
- Vodka – the star of the show. Vanilla vodka or infused vodka of choice can also be used for extra flavor.
- Coffee liqueur – we’re talking about kahlua coffee liqueur.
- A shot of espresso – chilled and ready for action. Can also use decaf espresso for less caffeine if desired. If you don’t have a coffee machine or espresso maker, you can also use cold brew concentrate.
- Bailey’s Irish Cream – because why not indulge? Can use dairy-free Bailey’s for a dairy-free version.
- Ice cubes – the more, the merrier.
- Espresso beans or coffee beans (optional, but they sure look snazzy)
- Optional – simple syrup if you like extra sweetness, Tia Maria, cocoa powder, etc.
HOW TO MAKE
1. Brew the Espresso:
- Start by brewing your espresso using your favorite method. If you don’t have an espresso machine, don’t fret! A French press or a moka pot will also work. Chill the espresso in the fridge for about half an hour.
2. Chill Your Glass:
- To keep things cool and classy, pop your martini glass into the freezer for a quick 10-minute spa treatment.
3. Let’s Get This Party Started:
- In a cocktail shaker (or your designated dance floor), combine vodka, coffee liqueur, chilled espresso, and heavy cream.
- Toss in a bunch of ice cubes – the more, the merrier! They’ll not only chill the party but also give your martini that enchanting frothy texture.
- Now, secure the shaker’s lid and let your inner bartender shine! Give it a vigorous shake like you mean it for a solid 10-15 seconds. The longer you shake, the frothier your martini will be.
4. Strain and Show Off:
- Retrieve your martini glass from the freezer and strain the fabulous mixture into the frosty glass. A fine-mesh strainer or a trusty cocktail strainer will ensure no uninvited ice shards crash this soirée.
5. Time to Glam It Up:
- If you’re feeling extra fancy (and why wouldn’t you be?), garnish your creamy espresso martini with a sprinkle of espresso beans or coffee beans. It’s like the cherry on top, but better!
6. Sip, Savor, and Swoon:
- Now, take your time. Sip and savor the magic of your perfect espresso martini. It’s a caffeinated cocktail symphony that deserves your full attention.
WHAT’S THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A CLASSIC ESPRESSO MARTINI AND A CREAMY ESPRESSO MARTINI?
While both are delicious coffee-flavored cocktails, the creamy espresso martini recipe includes heavy cream or another cream liqueur to give it a smoother and richer texture. It’s like a coffee and dessert in one glass.
CAN I USE ANY TYPE OF VODKA FOR THIS RECIPE?
You can use your preferred vodka, but a high-quality, neutral vodka is generally recommended for the best results. It allows the coffee and cream flavors to shine.
WHAT’S THE BEST WAY TO CHILL THE ESPRESSO QUICKLY?
To chill the espresso rapidly, you can place the freshly brewed espresso in a metal container or mason jar and put it in the freezer for a shorter time, stirring occasionally. Alternatively, you can brew the espresso ahead of time and refrigerate it until it’s cold.
CAN I USE INSTANT COFFEE OR INSTANT ESPRESSO POWDER INSTEAD?
While freshly brewed espresso is ideal for the best flavor, you can use strong brewed coffee, instant coffee granules dissolved in hot water, or coffee concentrate as a substitute. Adjust the strength to your taste.
HOW CAN I MAKE A NON-ALCOHOLIC CREAMY ESPRESSO MARTINI RECIPE?
To make a non-alcoholic version, omit the vodka and coffee liqueur, and replace them with cold brew coffee or a coffee-flavored syrup. You can also use non-alcoholic coffee liqueur alternatives available in some stores.
CAN I PREPARE THE BAILEYS ESPRESSO MARTINI AHEAD OF TIME AND STORE IT IN THE FRIDGE?
It’s best to prepare the creamy espresso martini recipe just before serving to enjoy its freshness and frothy texture. However, you can pre-mix the ingredients (excluding ice) and store them in the fridge for a short time if needed. Shake with ice just before serving.
WHAT’S A SUITABLE GARNISH FOR YOUR DELICIOUS COCKTAIL?
Espresso beans or coffee beans make a fantastic garnish. You can also use a dusting of cocoa powder or a drizzle of chocolate syrup for added decadence.
Other Caffeinated Drinks You May Enjoy!
- Starbucks Vanilla Iced Coffee (Copycat Recipe)
- Fluffy Whipped Dragon Coffee
- Bulletproof Coffee For Intermittent Fasting
- Biscoff Cookie Butter Latte
- Starbucks Sweet Cream Cold Foam Recipe
- Chai Tea Latte
- 4oz vodka
- 2oz Bailey's Irish Cream liqueur
- 1 oz Kaluah
- 4 shots espresso
- 1 cup ice
- Start by brewing your espresso using your favorite method. If you don't have an espresso machine, don't fret! A French press or a moka pot will also work. Chill the espresso in the fridge for about half an hour.
- To keep things cool and classy, pop your martini glasses into the freezer for a quick 10-minute spa treatment.
- In a cocktail shaker combine vodka, Bailey's, coffee liqueur, and chilled espresso.
- Toss in a bunch of ice cubes – the more, the merrier! They'll not only chill the party but also give your martini that enchanting frothy texture.
- Now, secure the shaker's lid and let your inner bartender shine! Give it a vigorous shake like you mean it for a solid 10-15 seconds. The longer you shake, the frothier your martini will be.
- Retrieve your martini glasses from the freezer and strain the fabulous mixture into the frosty glasses. A fine-mesh strainer or a trusty cocktail strainer will ensure no uninvited ice shards crash this soirée.
- If you're feeling extra fancy (and why wouldn't you be?), garnish your creamy espresso martinis with a sprinkle of espresso beans or coffee beans. You can also sprinkle some cocoa powder on top for a delicious chocolate flavor.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 243Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 20mgCarbohydrates: 13gFiber: 0gSugar: 11gProtein: 0g
The nutrition information provided is calculated based on industry-standard software and should be used as a general guide only. The information may vary depending on ingredient substitutions, cooking techniques, and individual serving sizes. It is the responsibility of the reader to ensure the accuracy and appropriateness of the nutritional information provided. Always consult a qualified healthcare provider for personalized medical or nutritional advice.
I love to bake, cook, exercise, and document all of the above. Nutrition is not low fat. It is not low calorie. It’s not feeling deprived or being hungry all the time. It’s nourishing your body with real, whole foods so that you are consistently satisfied and energized to live your life to the fullest! Read more…