These Juicy Air Fryer Turkey Burgers are made with simple ingredients and have been a family favorite for years. They are a great way to increase your protein intake with minimal cook time for busy weeknights.
Let me tell you, I am obsessed with this flavorful burger. It’s one of my favorite air fryer recipes.
Don’t get me wrong I love beef burgers, but there is just something about healthy turkey burgers that hits different. Not to mention the nutrition information is out of this world.
Whether you’re looking for an easy way to meal prep or you’re looking to use up your fresh ground turkey, look no further. This easy meal comes together in a few simple steps and will be sure to impress everyone.
If you like easy recipes you should also try my Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped Chicken Breast Recipe or my Low Carb Broccoli Cheese Soup Recipe (Better Than Quiznos).
If you’re looking to indulge, I highly recommend having these delicious burgers with french fries or sweet potato fries. For a healthier, low carb option you can enjoy these on a bed of crisp lettuce instead of burger buns.
The best way to eat these homemade turkey burgers is with a little bit of tzatziki. The flavor combination is definitely a new favorite.
If you want to spice things up to create more of a smoky spicy flavor patty you can add paprika or a touch of hot sauce. I should note, they do already give off so much flavor so it’s not necessary to add these spices.
These are a favorite in my household, and for good reason. After the first batch you make I can guarantee you will be hooked!
Table of Contents
INGREDIENTS FOR TURKEY BURGER PATTIES
You will need the following ingredients listed below to make the juicy turkey burgers (the exact measurements and full recipe are in the recipe card at the bottom of the post):
- Lean ground turkey – can use ground chicken or ground beef if you prefer.
- Feta cheese
- Salt & black pepper
- Spices such as onion powder, garlic powder, chili powder, red chili flakes or worcestershire sauce.
- Toppings for the burger – red onion, fresh tomatoes, cucumber, fresh lettuce, your favorite bun, a slice of cheese, tzatziki, etc.
HOW TO MAKE THE JUICY AIR FRYER TURKEY BURGERS
In a large bowl combine the turkey, minced garlic, spinach, feta cheese, eggs and spices. Then form into 6 flat round turkey patties.
Spray air fryer basket with cooking spray and air fry at 400F for 8-10 minutes in a single layer, flipping them halfway.
Once they’re cooked, add your juicy burger to a bun and add your favorite toppings. Enjoy!
TIPS AND TRICKS FOR BEST RESULTS
Ensure your meat mixture is cooked all the way through.
Remember recipe times are guidelines not absolutes. Always judge the doneness of your burger by temperature not by time.
Everyone has different air fryers and my burgers could be thicker or thinner than yours. Turkey Burgers are done when they reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees F (you can check this with a meat thermometer).
Can you make these turkey patties crispier by coating them in bread crumbs?
Yes, you can add an egg wash to them and then coat in breadcrumbs. If you choose to do this ensure you spray them with cooking oil to create that crispy exterior.
Can you cook frozen turkey patties in an air fryer?
Yes, if you choose to make them and freeze them you can still cook them in the air fryer. Place them, frozen, in the air fryer basket and cook for 10-12 minutes at 400° F, flipping halfway.
What if they become too sticky to handle?
Sometimes your ground turkey is sticky and hard to form or shape, if this happens use parchment paper to help form them. You can also freeze the meat briefly to help firm it up.
Can you add more spices to turkey patties?
Yes for sure, you can add whichever spices of your choosing. Paprika, italian seasoning, cumin, or whatever secret ingredient you’ve got up your sleeve.
HOW TO STORE THE AIR FRYER TURKEY BURGER RECIPE
You can store these burgers in the refrigerator for 3-4 days in an airtight container or wrapped tightly in plastic wrap. You can also freeze them prior to air frying in the freezer for 2-3 months.
DIFFERENT DELICIOUS TURKEY BURGER VARIATIONS
- You can enjoy these tasty burgers in a lettuce wrap or on a regular bun.
- Different condiments can be used such as barbecue sauce, dijon mustard, or tzatziki. This will all depend on personal preferences.
- You can use any type of cheese such as monterey jack cheese, american cheese, cheddar cheese, etc.
- You can bake these if you don’t own an air fryer. The reason I love the air fryer so much is because it cuts down on cooking time, and you can use less oil due to the hot air that blows while you air fry turkey burgers.
Other Delicious Savoury Meals You May Want To Try!
- Jalapeno Popper Stuffed Spaghetti Squash
- KFC Style Popcorn Chicken (Vegan)
- Taco Bell Crunch Wrap Supreme
- Viral TikTok Salmon Rice Bowl With Seaweed
- The Best Vegan Buffalo Cauliflower Wings (Gluten Free, Healthy)
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup fresh spinach, chopped
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp italian seasoning
- salt + pepper
- In a large bowl combine the lean ground turkey, garlic, chopped spinach, feta cheese, eggs, onion powder, italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Massage with your hands to get everything combined well. Form into 6 round turkey patties.
- Spray air fryer basket with cooking spray and air fry at 400F for 8-10 minutes in a single layer, flipping half way through.
- Once they're cooked, add your burger to your bun and add your favorite toppings. I love lettuce, tomato, and tzatziki. Enjoy!
Serving Size:1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 224Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 152mgSodium: 308mgCarbohydrates: 2gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 25g
The nutrition information provided is calculated based on industry-standard software and should be used as a general guide only. The information may vary depending on ingredient substitutions, cooking techniques, and individual serving sizes. It is the responsibility of the reader to ensure the accuracy and appropriateness of the nutritional information provided. Always consult a qualified healthcare provider for personalized medical or nutritional advice.
I love to bake, cook, exercise, and document all of the above. Nutrition is not low fat. It is not low calorie. It’s not feeling deprived or being hungry all the time. It’s nourishing your body with real, whole foods so that you are consistently satisfied and energized to live your life to the fullest! Read more…