Viral TikTok Salmon Rice Bowl With Seaweed
This Viral TikTok Salmon Rice Bowl With Seaweed is hands down one of my favorite tiktok recipes. Made with fluffy rice, leftover cooked salmon, japanese mayo, and small pieces of seaweed, it’s a great way to use up all your leftover ingredients in a delicious way!
I don’t know about you, but in my opinion these viral recipes on TikTok are getting out of control. The famous butter boards, cloud bread, dalgona coffee, tiktok ramen, baked feta pasta, the list goes on.
However, the viral salmon rice bowl has my heart. This recipe originated from the TikToker Emily Mariko and it became the next viral sensation.
It is such a delicious recipe with ingredients you can easily find from your local grocery store. All you need is a leftover salmon fillet, cooked rice, japanese kewpie mayonnaise (or you can make your own with regular mayo), a drizzle of soy sauce and other sauces, and a single ice cube.
If you like this recipe you should also try my Big Mac Salad Bowl and my Easy Vegan Cauliflower Gnocchi.
If you’t not a fan of salmon I’ve also seen similar recipes done with canned tuna or leftover chicken. It’s all based off personal preference.
In the original video on social media, the rice bowl is eaten with a seaweed snack and chopsticks. If you’re not a big fan of seaweed you can leave that out and eat it with a fork or spoon.
This recipe also uses a few different sauces to drizzle all over the rice bowl. If you want it more spicy you can add more sriracha or wasabi.
If you have kimchi in your fridge it’s also so delicious with it, however it’s not a necessary ingredient. The first time I made this recipe I made it as basic as possible, but since then have added thin cucumber sticks, green onion, sesame seeds, kimchi, and it keeps getting better and better with every addition.
This is such a simple recipe, with simple ingredients, and with raving reviews – for good reason. You’d be crazy not to give it a shot!
INGREDIENTS FOR THIS SALMON RICE BOWL RECIPE
You will need the following ingredients listed below to make this quick meal (the exact measurements and full recipe are in the recipe card at the bottom of this post):
- Salmon Fillets – the best part about this recipe is that you can use all leftovers. Cook lots of salmon the day before and have it with rice and veggies, and then next day you can use it in this recipe.
- Cooked white rice – can also use brown rice. Leftover rice is ideal for this recipe however not necessary.
- Avocado – fresh slices.
- Soy sauce
- Kewpie mayonnaise – can mix mayonnaise with rice vinegar and sugar.
- Seaweed snacks – seaweed sheets or nori sheet also works.
- Optional – sesame seeds, baby cucumber, red pepper slices, side of kimchi, etc.
HOW TO MAKE THE DELICIOUS SALMON RICE BOWL
Using a fork, shred the cooked salmon in a large shallow bowl or a plate.
Add the leftover rice on top of the salmon and add an ice cube to the middle of the rice.
Cover the top of the rice with a paper towel or plastic wrap. Microwave on high for 2-3 minutes, checking on it after 2 minutes.
Once warmed remove the remainder of the ice cube. Add kewpie mayonnaise, soy sauce, and sriracha.
Mix until everything is combined. Add avocado slices and more sauce if desired.
Wrap the salmon mixture with seaweed sheets and enjoy as little sushi roll ups. Can add red pepper flakes, green onions, sesame seeds, different hot sauce, or whatever else you desire.
HOW TO STORE THE TIKTOK SALMON BOWL
Considering this recipe is made by using leftovers, I don’t recommend storing it for much time, if any time at all. Reheating the recipe will not be great if you don’t finish it.
If you make the rice and salmon the day before making this bowl you can store both for 3-4 days in the refrigerator. They both keep for similar amounts of time, making this salmon bowl recipe even more perfect.
Other Delicious Savoury Meals You May Want To Try!
- KFC Style Popcorn Chicken (Vegan)
- Taco Bell Crunch Wrap Supreme
- Easy Baked Brie Recipe With Jalapeno Apricot Jam
- Copycat Starbucks Spinach Feta Wrap
- Air Fryer Sweet Potato Gnocchi
Viral TikTok Salmon Rice Bowl With Seaweed
This Viral TikTok Salmon Rice Bowl With Seaweed is hands down one of my favorite tiktok recipes. Made with fluffy rice, leftover cooked salmon, japanese mayo, and small pieces of seaweed, it's a great way to use up all your leftover ingredients in a delicious way!
- 2 cooked salmon fillets
- 2 cups cooked rice, white or brown
- 2 ice cubes
- 2 tbsp kewpie mayonnaise , combine 2 tbsp regular mayo, 1 tsp rice vinegar, 1/4 tsp sugar
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp sriracha
- 1 avocado, sliced
- seaweed sheets
- green onion, optional
- sesame seeds, optional
- Using a fork, shred the salmon in a large shallow bowl or a plate.
- Add the leftover rice on top of the salmon and place an ice cube in the middle of the rice. Cover with a paper towel or plastic wrap.
- Microwave for 2-3 minutes until warm, checking at the 2 minute mark. Then add the kewpie mayonnaise, soy sauce, and sriracha. Mix to combine.
- Add avocado slices, seaweed sheets, green onion, sesame seeds, and whatever else you desire. Add salmon rice mixture into seaweed sheets and enjoy!
Serving Size:1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g
IF YOU TRIED THIS RECIPE PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT AND STAR RATING. I LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOUR CREATIONS! YOU CAN PIN THIS RECIPE ON PINTEREST OR SHARE ON INSTAGRAM BY TAGGING @basicswithbails and #basicswithbails
I love to bake, cook, exercise, and document all of the above. Nutrition is not low fat. It is not low calorie. It’s not feeling deprived or being hungry all the time. It’s nourishing your body with real, whole foods so that you are consistently satisfied and energized to live your life to the fullest! Read more…
I was skeptical of this trend but after finally trying it, I have changed my mind. So good! Lovely photos, by the way 🙂