Gluten Free High Protein Pizza Crust
This Protein Pizza Crust Recipe is a great recipe for when a strong pizza craving hits. It makes a perfect size personal pizza which is ideal for pizza night with friends or family!
Pizza is a beloved dish around the world, and for good reason. It’s a delicious, convenient, and customizable way to enjoy a satisfying meal.
However, for those who are trying to stick to a high-protein diet, traditional pizza crust can be problematic. Fortunately, there is a solution: protein pizza crust.
If you love pizza recipes you may also like to try my Quick Low Carb Tortilla Pizza Recipe or my Easy Pepperoni Pizza Dip Recipe.
Protein pizza crust is a healthier alternative to traditional pizza crust that is packed with protein and low in carbohydrates. It’s an excellent way to get your daily dose of protein, and it’s a great option for those who love pizza but are following a keto diet or lower calorie diet.
In this blog post, we will be discussing the benefits of protein pizza crust and sharing a delicious recipe that you can try at home.
Table of Contents
BENEFITS OF HIGH PROTEIN PIZZA CRUST
Protein is an essential nutrient that is required for the growth, repair, and maintenance of our bodies. It plays a vital role in building and repairing muscle tissue, and it also helps to keep us feeling full and satisfied.
Protein pizza crust is an excellent way to incorporate more protein into your diet, especially if you are looking to build muscle, lose weight, or simply maintain a healthy lifestyle.
Here are some of the benefits of protein pizza crust:
- High in Protein: Protein pizza crust is an excellent source of protein, which makes it a great option for those who are looking to increase their protein intake.
- Low in Carbs: Traditional pizza crust is high in carbohydrates, which can cause blood sugar spikes and crashes. Protein pizza crust, on the other hand, is low in carbs, which can help to stabilize blood sugar levels.
- Gluten-Free: If you are sensitive to gluten, protein pizza crust is an excellent alternative to traditional pizza crust, which is typically made with wheat flour.
- Easy to Customize: Protein pizza crust can be customized to suit your tastes and dietary preferences. You can add your favorite toppings and seasonings to create a delicious and healthy pizza.
Now that you know the benefits of protein pizza crust, it’s time to try it out for yourself. Here is a simple and delicious protein pizza crust recipe that you can make at home.
INGREDIENTS FOR THE HIGH PROTEIN PIZZA DOUGH RECIPE
You will need the following ingredients listed below to make the 6 ingredient pizza dough (the exact measurements and detailed information are in the recipe card at the bottom of the post):
- 1:1 Gluten-free all purpose flour
- Baking powder – use this to make the self-rising flour.
- Multi-purpose protein powder – I used PEScience and you can use code BAILEY at checkout to save money on all their products.
- Italian seasoning
- Garlic powder
- Plain greek yogurt – can use fat-free greek yogurt if you desire.
- Pizza toppings of choice – pizza sauce, mozzarella cheese, cheddar cheese, pepperoni, etc.
HOW TO MAKE THE PROTEIN PIZZA RECIPE
Preheat your air fryer to 400°F.
In a large mixing bowl, combine the gluten free flour, baking powder, protein powder, Italian seasoning, garlic powder and salt.
Add the greek yogurt and mix well until a dough ball forms.
Lightly flour your work surface and roll out your dough into a pizza shape, leaving the crust a bit thicker.
Spray your air fryer basket with non-stick cooking spray and add your pizza crust. Poke a few holes in the crust with a fork.
Drizzle the crust with olive oil or more cooking spray. Air fry for 5 minutes then flip the crust, being careful not to break the pizza base, and cook for another 3 minutes.
Flip the crust back over then add your sauce, cheese, and pepperoni. Air fry for another 2-3 minutes or until the cheese has melted.
Remove the pizza from the air fryer and let it cool for a few minutes before slicing and serving.
DIFFERENT PIZZA RECIPES TO TRY OUT
- Pepperoni and Mushroom
- Margherita (tomato sauce, fresh mozzarella, and fresh basil)
- Hawaiian (ham and pineapple)
- Meat Lovers (sausage or chicken sausage, bacon, pepperoni, and ham)
- Veggie (mushrooms, green or red bell pepper, onions, black olives, and cherry tomatoes)
- BBQ Chicken (ground chicken, red onion, and BBQ sauce)
- Buffalo Chicken (chicken, buffalo sauce, and blue cheese)
- White Pizza (ricotta cheese, garlic, and spinach)
- Four Cheese (mozzarella, parmesan, provolone, and gorgonzola)
- Supreme (pepperoni, sausage, onions, green peppers, mushrooms, and olives)
Of course, you can always mix and match different toppings to create your own unique pizza!
Protein pizza crust is an excellent way to enjoy a delicious and healthy pizza that is packed with protein and low carb. This recipe is easy to make and can be customized to suit your tastes and dietary preferences.
Whether you are looking to build muscle, lose weight, or simply maintain a healthy lifestyle, protein pizza crust is great way to still enjoy pizza on a low-carb diet.
Other Delicious Savoury Comfort Foods You May Like To Try
- Taco Bell Crunch Wrap Supreme
- Big Mac Salad Bowl
- Easy Air Fryer Hamburgers (Quick and Juicy)
- Easy Pad Thai Recipe (Gluten Free)
- Juicy Air Fryer Turkey Burgers
Gluten Free High Protein Pizza Crust
This Protein Pizza Crust Recipe is a great recipe for when a pizza craving hits. It makes a perfect size personal pizza which is ideal for pizza night with friends or family!
- 3/4 cup gluten free all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 scoop PEScience Multi Purpose Protein, use code BAILEY at checkout to save $$$ on all products
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup plain Greek Yogurt
- 1/4 cup pizza sauce
- 1/3 shredded cheese
- 7-8 slices of pepperoni
- Preheat your air fryer to 400°F.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the gluten free flour, baking powder, protein powder, Italian seasoning, garlic powder and salt.
- Add the greek yogurt and mix well until a dough ball forms.
- Lightly flour your work surface and roll out your dough into a pizza shape, leaving the crust a bit thicker.
- Spray your air fryer basket with non-stick cooking spray and add your pizza crust. Poke a few holes in the crust with a fork.
- Drizzle the crust with olive oil or more cooking spray. Air fry for 5 minutes then flip the crust, being careful not to break the pizza base, and cook for another 3 minutes.
- Flip the crust back over then add your sauce, cheese, and pepperoni. Air fry for another 2-3 minutes or until the cheese has melted.
- Remove the pizza from the air fryer and let it cool for a few minutes before slicing and serving.
Serving Size:1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g
IF YOU TRIED THIS RECIPE PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT IN THE COMMENT SECTION AND A STAR RATING. I LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOUR CREATIONS! YOU CAN PIN THIS RECIPE ON PINTEREST OR SHARE ON INSTAGRAM BY TAGGING @basicswithbails and #basicswithbails
I love to bake, cook, exercise, and document all of the above. Nutrition is not low fat. It is not low calorie. It’s not feeling deprived or being hungry all the time. It’s nourishing your body with real, whole foods so that you are consistently satisfied and energized to live your life to the fullest! Read more…
Saving this to make ASAP looks incredible!
Absolutely loved this and the macros on this are killer! I was able to eat 3/4 of the pizza I made from this crust to fit within my macros. I am also dairy free and subbed the Greek yogurt for kite hill protein yogurt and it still tasted amazing! Definitely recommend if you’re craving pizza but wanting to stay low calorie!
Honestly I feel like bails does no wrong. Easy gluten free and very tasty recipes🖤
this looks amazing!
So good! Hits the spot when your craving pizza!!
I made without the protein powder and was so good- can’t wait to try it with!
Can I make this in the regular oven as well if I don’t have an air fryer?
Yes you’ll just have to bake it for longer! 🙂