Dive into the holiday spirit with our Christmas White Trash recipe with almond bark – a blend of crispy rice cereal, pretzels, peanuts, and M&M’s coated in almond bark. Quick, customizable, and irresistibly sweet and salty, it’s the perfect festive snack for sharing or gifting.
‘Tis the season for indulging in delightful treats that bring joy to our taste buds. Enter Christmas White Trash – a whimsically named concoction of sweet and salty delights coated in creamy almond bark.
This easy-to-make salty treat is not only a festive addition to your holiday gatherings but also a versatile treat that you can customize to suit your taste.
It’s a great recipe for any time of year, including the holiday season or even Valentine’s Day.
Table of Contents
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS CHRISTMAS WHITE TRASH RECIPE WITH ALMOND BARK
- Sweet & Salty Harmony:The combination of crispy rice cereal, salty pretzels, mixed nuts, and sweet M&M’s creates a perfect harmony of sweet and salty flavors in every bite.
- Festive Visual Appeal:The addition of holiday-colored M&M’s and optional sprinkles makes this treat visually appealing, adding a festive touch to your holiday dessert spread.
- Quick & Versatile:Christmas White Trash is incredibly quick to make, making it an ideal last-minute treat for unexpected guests or impromptu holiday gatherings.
- Customizable Creativity:Tailor the recipe to your preferences by adding ingredients like dried fruit, chocolate chips, or seasonal spices for a personalized touch.
- Great for Gifting:Package the Christmas White Trash in festive bags or jars for delightful homemade holiday gifts that are sure to bring smiles to your loved ones or a great neighbor.
SIMPLE INGREDIENTS YOU NEED FOR THE WHITE TRASH CANDY
You will need the following handful of ingredients listed below to make the white chocolate snack mix (the exact measurements, nutrition facts and full recipe are in the printable recipe card at the bottom of the post):
- Rice chex cereal – can use any of your favorite cereals such as golden grahams, corn chex, crispix cereal, etc.
- Pretzel sticks
- Salty peanuts
- Red and green m&m’s
- Vanilla white almond bark – can use white chocolate chips instead
- Optional – festive sprinkles.
HOW TO MAKE THIS EASY SNACK
In a large bowl, combine the rice chex cereal, golden grahams, pretzels, salty peanuts, and holiday-colored M&M’s. Toss the mix until evenly distributed.
In a microwave-safe bowl, melt the almond bark or white chocolate in 30-second intervals or according to the package instructions. Stir until smooth and fully melted.
Pour the melted almond bark over the cereal mixture, ensuring all ingredients are well-coated. Use a spatula or spoon to gently fold and coat the mix thoroughly.
Spread the coated mix evenly on a parchment-lined baking sheet, allowing it to set and harden.
If desired, sprinkle festive-colored sprinkles over the top of the coated mix while it’s still wet for an extra touch of holiday cheer.
Let the Christmas White Trash set at room temperature until the almond bark hardens completely. This usually takes about 1-2 hours.
Once set, break the mixture into bite-sized pieces, creating a crunchy and festive snack mix.
- Room Temperature:Once the almond bark coating has fully set, store Christmas White Trash in an airtight container at room temperature. Ensure it’s kept in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight. It should stay fresh for up to one week.
- Avoid Humidity:To maintain the crunchiness of the mix, store it away from humid areas. If you live in a humid climate, consider adding silica gel packets to the container to absorb excess moisture.
- Refrigeration (Extended Storage):For longer shelf life, especially if your environment is warm, refrigerate Christmas White Trash. Place it in an airtight container to prevent moisture absorption. It can be refrigerated for up to two weeks.
- Layer Separation:If stacking multiple layers of the mix in a container, place parchment paper between the layers to prevent pieces from sticking together and maintain their individual shapes.
CAN I USE DIFFERENT TYPES OF NUTS IN THIS CHRISTMAS TRASH RECIPE?
Absolutely! Customize the mix by using your favorite nuts or a combination of almonds, cashews, peanuts, or any other nut varieties you prefer.
CAN I MAKE THE WHITE TRASH CHEX MIX WITH MILK CHOCOLATE INSTEAD OF MELTED WHITE CHOCOLATE?
Certainly! Experiment with different chocolate varieties to suit your taste preferences. Dark or milk chocolate can add a unique twist to the flavor profile.
ARE THERE GLUTEN-FREE ALTERNATIVES FOR THE PRETZELS IN THIS SALTY SNACK MIX?
Yes, you can use gluten-free pretzels to make a gluten-free version of Christmas White Trash.
CAN I MAKE A LARGE BATCH OF THIS SIMPLE RECIPE FOR GIFTING?
Yes! Scale up the ingredients to make a larger batch, and package it in festive bags or jars with pretty ribbons for a great holiday gift or teacher gifts.
CAN I STORE THIS SWEET TREAT IN THE FREEZER?
While technically possible, freezing may affect the texture of the mix. It’s recommended to enjoy it within the suggested storage times for the best taste and crunch.
CAN I MAKE THIS WHITE TRASH SNACK MIX AHEAD OF TIME FOR A HOLIDAY GATHERING?
Certainly! White trash mix is an excellent make-ahead treat. Prepare it a day or two in advance, store it in an airtight container, and it should stay fresh for your holiday gatherings.
Other Fun Holiday Treats You May Like To Try!
- Soft and Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Christmas Chocolate Peppermint Truffles
- Vegan Classic Rice Krispie Treats
- Heart Shaped Jam Thumbprint Cookies
- Vegan & Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Double Chocolate Peppermint Cookies
- Gluten Free Vegan Peanut Butter Cookies
- Easy Christmas Sugar Cookie Fudge
- Easy Chocolate Marshmallow Squares With Rice Krispies
- 2 cups chex rice cereal
- 2 cups golden grahams cereal
- 1.5 cups pretzels
- 1 cup peanuts
- 1.5 cups holiday m&m's
- 12oz almond bark
- Festive sprinkles
- n a large bowl, combine the rice chex cereal, golden grahams, pretzels, salty peanuts, and holiday-colored M&M's. Toss the mix until evenly distributed.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt the almond bark or white chocolate in 30-second intervals or according to the package instructions. Stir until smooth and fully melted.
- Pour the melted almond bark over the cereal mixture, ensuring all ingredients are well-coated. Use a spatula or spoon to gently fold and coat the mix thoroughly.
- Spread the coated mix evenly on a parchment-lined baking sheet, allowing it to set and harden.
- If desired, sprinkle festive-colored sprinkles over the top of the coated mix while it's still wet for an extra touch of holiday cheer.
- Let the Christmas White Trash set at room temperature until the almond bark hardens completely. This usually takes about 1-2 hours. Or can add to the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Once set, break the mixture into bite-sized pieces, creating a crunchy and festive snack mix.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 479Total Fat: 28gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 20gCholesterol: 4mgSodium: 385mgCarbohydrates: 49gFiber: 6gSugar: 23gProtein: 12g
The nutrition information provided is calculated based on industry-standard software and should be used as a general guide only. The information may vary depending on ingredient substitutions, cooking techniques, and individual serving sizes. It is the responsibility of the reader to ensure the accuracy and appropriateness of the nutritional information provided. Always consult a qualified healthcare provider for personalized medical or nutritional advice.
I love to bake, cook, exercise, and document all of the above. Nutrition is not low fat. It is not low calorie. It’s not feeling deprived or being hungry all the time. It’s nourishing your body with real, whole foods so that you are consistently satisfied and energized to live your life to the fullest! Read more…