3 Ingredient Strawberry Fruit Dip With Cool Whip
This Strawberry Fruit Dip With Cool Whip tastes just like that Creamy Cool Whip Fruit Dip we all love, but is made with 3 simple ingredients. Perfect for a baby shower, a bridal shower, or a valentine’s day party, this easy fruit dip recipe is sure to be a crowd pleaser!
As the summer sun shines brightly, it’s time to indulge in refreshing and delicious treats that can help beat the heat. One delightful option is a luscious strawberry fruit dip made with the creamy goodness of Cool Whip.
This delectable dip not only enhances the natural sweetness of fresh strawberries but also provides a delightful contrast in textures. Whether you’re planning a picnic, hosting a barbecue, or simply craving a sweet treat, this strawberry fruit dip is sure to please.
This easy recipe tastes a lot like the Cool Whip Fruit Dip we loved as kids but with the addition of healthy Greek yogurt, and some healthier swaps like light cool whip and sugar-free jello. All of these small changes turn this simple dip into a way lighter summer snack, which you can serve up with your favorite fruits.
This is the perfect recipe for a fruit platter, to serve with a variety of fruits for school snacks, or to prep for the next day when you want something sweet.
If you love strawberry recipes you may also want to try my High Protein Strawberry Cheesecake Bites or my Viral TikTok Strawberry Cheesecake Cottage Cheese Ice Cream.
Dessert dips like this strawberry yogurt dip are my favorite addition to brunch parties and they would make a great healthy treat to bring to a kid’s birthday party. This one is so super simple to make, requires no fancy ingredients, and is always a hit with an amazing strawberry flavor!
Table of Contents
INGREDIENTS FOR THE CREAMY DIP
You will need the following ingredients listed below to make this great recipe (the exact measurements are in the printable recipe card below):
- Cool Whip – I used the light version. You could use whipped cream but it just won’t hold up sitting out the same way cool whip does.
- Greek Yogurt – you could also use strawberry Greek yogurt or vanilla Greek yogurt. Not that the flavored kinds have some sugar added to them already so you might need a bit less jello powder.
- Strawberry Jello Powder – No Sugar added.
- Optional add ins – marshmallow fluff or marshmallow creme, lemon juice, softened cream cheese, strawberry puree, etc.
HOW TO MAKE STRAWBERRY FRUIT DIP
Start by combining cool whip and yogurt in a medium bowl, then sprinkle in about 1/2 teaspoon of jello powder, taste and adjust the sweetness by adding more jello powder. Everybody’s taste may be different so just add little jello at a time.
Chill in refrigerator for an hour before serving with fresh fruit.
Can you believe how simple this delicious dip is?
I like to serve this with fresh strawberries for dipping. Is there anything more delicious and refreshing on a hot summer day than yogurt dipped strawberries?
Grapes or apple slices would obviously also be a great choice.
As fresh strawberries are not really a must for this recipe, you can make this strawberry dip all year long. Why not make it for Valentine’s Day? Honestly, I would rather have this Cool Whip Fruit Dip over a Valentine’s Day Cupcake any day.
MAKE IT A STRAWBERRY CHEESECAKE DIP
Turn this strawberry dip into a strawberry cheesecake dip by adding some cream cheese. Make sure your cream cheese is at room temperature for easy blending with a hand mixer.
You could also add in some vanilla extract for that extra bit of cheesecake flavor and serve it sprinkled with crushed gluten-free graham crackers.
HOW TO STORE LEFTOVERS?
The leftover fruit dip can be stored in an airtight container for up to 5 days in the fridge.
WHAT DO I SERVE WITH THE YOGURT FRUIT DIP?
- Fresh Strawberries: Since the dip has a strawberry flavor, pairing it with fresh strawberries is a natural choice. The combination of the creamy dip and juicy strawberries creates a harmonious and refreshing combination.
- Pineapple Chunks: The tangy sweetness of pineapple complements the creamy cool whip dip. Cut fresh pineapple into bite-sized chunks for easy dipping.
- Grapes: Both green and red grapes work well with the fruit dip. They provide a burst of juiciness and balance the creaminess of the dip with their natural sweetness.
- Sliced Bananas: The smooth and mellow flavor of sliced bananas pairs nicely with the sweet and creamy strawberry dip. The contrast in textures adds a delightful element to the experience.
- Apple Slices: Crisp apple slices, such as Granny Smith or Honeycrisp, offer a satisfying crunch that complements the smoothness of the dip. The combination of tartness from the apple and the sweet dip creates a delicious contrast.
- Animal Crackers: These pair perfectly with the fruit dip as they provide a crunch to the thick and creamy 3 ingredient fruit dip.
- Vanilla Wafers: Another treat I love to serve with this delicious fruit dip. A little bit of a crunch with the fluffy dip is perfection.
Strawberry Fruit Dip
This easy Strawberry Fruit Dip tastes just like that Creamy Cool Whip Fruit Dip we all love but is way healthier. Made with only three ingredients plus some fresh strawberries for dipping you can whip this gluten free and low carb fruit dip up in just a few minutes! The best fruit dip ever!
- 2 1/2 cups cool whip, I used Light
- 1 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1/3 package JellO - Strawberry Jelly Powder No Sugar Added, 10.1g package
- Combine cool whip and greek yogurt in a medium size bowl.
- Start by sprinkling in about 1/2 teaspoon of jello powder in at a time. Mix, taste and add more and more until desired sweetness.
Serving Size:1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 76Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 13mgCarbohydrates: 6gFiber: 0gSugar: 6gProtein: 3g
The nutrition information provided is calculated based on industry-standard software and should be used as a general guide only. The information may vary depending on ingredient substitutions, cooking techniques, and individual serving sizes. It is the responsibility of the reader to ensure the accuracy and appropriateness of the nutritional information provided. Always consult a qualified healthcare provider for personalized medical or nutritional advice.
FOR MORE SUMMER DESSERTS TRY MY
- Greek Yogurt Bark
- 2 Ingredient Protein Pudding
- Gluten Free Vegan Rocky Road Brownies
- Air Fryer Pineapple
- The Best Chocolate Pecan Caramel Turtles
IF YOU TRIED THIS STRAWBERRY FRUIT DIP RECIPE PLEASE LEAVE IT A COMMENT AND STAR RATING. I LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOUR CREATIONS! YOU CAN PIN THIS RECIPE ON PINTEREST OR SHARE ON INSTAGRAM BY TAGGING @basicswithbails and #basicswithbails
I love to bake, cook, exercise, and document all of the above. Nutrition is not low fat. It is not low calorie. It’s not feeling deprived or being hungry all the time. It’s nourishing your body with real, whole foods so that you are consistently satisfied and energized to live your life to the fullest! Read more…