This strawberry balsamic whipped feta is such a great recipe to bring to a bbq, Christmas party, or any special occasion. Made with feta cheese, balsamic strawberries and served with warm bread, this has all the sweet and tangy flavors to make the perfect appetizer.
If you’re on the lookout for a taste explosion that’ll make your taste buds do the salsa, then you’re in for a treat! We’re diving headfirst into the world of culinary creativity with a dish that combines sweet, savory, and tangy flavors like never before – Strawberry Balsamic Whipped Feta!
This delightful concoction is a culinary dance party in your mouth, and we’re about to show you how to create it right in your own kitchen.
Picture this: a spoonful of whipped feta, adorned with vibrant strawberries, drizzled with a luscious balsamic reduction, and garnished with fragrant basil leaves. It’s a taste sensation that’s as colorful as a fiesta and as flavorful as a mariachi band!
Table of Contents
WHAT IS WHIPPED FETA DIP?
Let’s start with the star of the show – the whipped feta. Whipped feta is a creamy and luscious spread or dip made by blending feta cheese with other ingredients to achieve a smooth and airy texture. It transforms the typically crumbly and tangy feta cheese into a velvety and spreadable consistency, making it perfect for various culinary applications.
Whipped feta can be used as a dip, spread, or even a creamy topping for various dishes.
INGREDIENTS YOU NEED FOR THE STRAWBERRY BALSAMIC WHIPPED FETA
You will need the following ingredients listed below to make the delicious appetizer (the exact measurements, step-by-step instructions and full recipe are in the recipe card at the bottom of this post):
- Feta cheese
- Plain greek yogurt
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Honey – alternatively can use maple syrup
- Sprinkle of black pepper
- Balsamic vinegar
- Raspberries – fresh is best
- Strawberries – fresh is best
- Fresh basil – or other fresh herbs of choice
- Sourdough, french bread, pita bread, or any type of bread you’d like to serve it with
- Optional – cream cheese, cottage cheese, lemon juice, balsamic glaze, cherry tomatoes, etc.
HOW TO MAKE
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a food processor, mix together the feta cheese, greek yogurt, olive oil, honey and pepper until smooth. Refrigerate for 30-60 minutes.
In a small or large bowl, mix together honey and balsamic vinegar. Pour over the top of the strawberries and raspberries. Bake for 20 minutes until the juices are released. Let cool for 5-10 minutes then refrigerate until dip is set.
Transfer feta dip to bowl and assemble with balsamic roasted strawberries and fresh basil. Serve with warm bread, crusty bread or crackers.
Storing whipped feta properly is essential to maintain its freshness and prevent it from spoiling. Here are some guidelines on how to store whipped feta:
- Airtight Container: Transfer the whipped feta sweet strawberries dip into an airtight container with a secure lid. Ensure that the container is clean and dry before adding the whipped feta.
- Refrigeration: Store the whipped feta in the refrigerator. The cold temperature helps slow down bacterial growth and keeps the whipped feta fresh.
- Seal Tightly: Make sure the container is tightly sealed to prevent air from entering, which can cause the whipped feta to dry out or absorb odors from the fridge.
- Label and Date: It’s a good practice to label the container with the date you prepared the whipped feta. This helps you keep track of its freshness.
- Use within a Week: Whipped feta is best when consumed within about a week of preparation. While it can last a bit longer, its quality may deteriorate over time.
- Avoid Freezing: It’s generally not recommended to freeze whipped feta. Freezing can alter the texture and consistency, causing it to become grainy or watery when thawed.
WHAT CAN I SERVE WITH THE BALSAMIC-ROASTED STRAWBERRIES WHIPPED FETA?
You can serve strawberry balsamic whipped feta as a dip for sliced vegetables, crackers, or pita bread. It also works well as a spread for sandwiches, wraps, or as a topping for salads or pasta dishes.
CAN I CUSTOMIZE THE EASY RECIPE TO SUIT MY TASTE?
Absolutely! You can customize the recipe by adjusting the sweetness of the strawberry salsa or the level of tanginess in the whipped feta. Experiment with different herbs, seasonings, or even a touch of honey for added flavor.
IS THIS DISH SUITABLE FOR DIETARY RESTRICTIONS?
Depending on your dietary preferences, you can adapt the recipe to be suitable for vegetarian or gluten-free diets. Use gluten-free crackers or bread for dipping if needed.
You can also make vegan feta dip using vegan feta cheese for a vegan version.
CAN I MAKE THIS EASY APPETIZER AHEAD OF TIME FOR A PARTY?
Yes, you can prepare strawberry balsamic whipped feta ahead of time for a party. It’s a great make-ahead dish, and the flavors often meld together even better with a little time in the refrigerator.
Other Easy Appetizers And Dip You May Like To Try!
- Easy Pepperoni Pizza Dip
- The Best Truffle Hummus Recipe
- Bacon Wrapped Dates Stuffed With Goat Cheese
- Easy Low Carb Spinach Dip
- Easy Baked Brie Recipe With Jalapeno Apricot Jam
For Whipped Feta
- 1 200g container feta cheese
- ⅓ cup plain greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp honey
- Pinch of pepper
Honey Balsamic Berries
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 container fresh raspberries
- 10 fresh strawberries
- Fresh basil, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a food processor, mix together the feta cheese, greek yogurt, olive oil, honey and pepper until smooth. Refrigerate for 60 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix together honey and balsamic vinegar. Pour over the raspberries and strawberries. Bake for 20 minutes until the juices are released. Let cool for 10 minutes then refrigerate until dip is set.
- Transfer feta dip to bowl and assemble with honey roasted berries and fresh basil. Serve with toasted sourdough bread or crackers.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 101Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 18mgSodium: 187mgCarbohydrates: 6gFiber: 0gSugar: 6gProtein: 4g
The nutrition information provided is calculated based on industry-standard software and should be used as a general guide only. The information may vary depending on ingredient substitutions, cooking techniques, and individual serving sizes. It is the responsibility of the reader to ensure the accuracy and appropriateness of the nutritional information provided. Always consult a qualified healthcare provider for personalized medical or nutritional advice.
IF YOU TRIED THIS SUMMER APPETIZER PLEASE LEAVE IT A COMMENT AND STAR RATING. I LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOUR CREATIONS! YOU CAN PIN THIS RECIPE ON PINTEREST OR SHARE ON INSTAGRAM BY TAGGING @basicswithbails and #basicswithbails
I love to bake, cook, exercise, and document all of the above. Nutrition is not low fat. It is not low calorie. It’s not feeling deprived or being hungry all the time. It’s nourishing your body with real, whole foods so that you are consistently satisfied and energized to live your life to the fullest! Read more…