This Easy Baked Brie Recipe with Jalapeño Apricot Jam is one of the easiest appetizers you will ever make. The melty cheese paired with the sweetness of the jam is a match made in heaven.
Let’s talk soft cheese for a second. I mean who doesn’t love a creamy brie cheese?
A classic brie appetizer is always the first thing I’m going for at a holiday party. Melted cheese with jam or fresh fruit has my whole heart.
As tasty as baked brie with jam is, you can absolutely one up yourself by using a pastry crust. By grabbing a crescent roll dough and wrapping it inside the creamy cheese, then brushing it with egg wash and baking in a small cast iron skillet or baking dish, you end up with a cheesy party appetizer that’s sure to “wow” all your guests.
A wheel of brie cheese is perfect for so many things. It goes beautifully on charcuterie boards, or a standard cheese board, as well as wrapped in puff pastry dough.
This appetizer takes little time, doesn’t require any special equipment, and is perfect for the busy holiday season.Out of all easy appetizers I’ve ever created, this one is probably my favorite.
Table of Contents
INGREDIENTS FOR THIS PERFECT APPETIZER
You will need the following ingredients listed below to make this warm baked brie (the exact measurements and step by step instructions are in the recipe card at the bottom of this post) :
- Brie wheel – you can find brie at your local grocery store in the cheese section. You can cut the top of the brie and sides of the brie with a sharp knife if you choose or leave it on.
- Apricot jam – I chose apricot here but any flavor of jam would work. Raspberry jam or raspberry preserves, strawberry jam or strawberry jalapeño jam, sweet fig jam, or your favorite jam can be used here.
- Jalapeño – this adds some spice and gives it a little something extra.
- Crunchy almonds – crunchy walnuts, pine nuts, or different nuts of your choice.
- Fresh thyme – any fresh herbs will work here. Fresh rosemary would also be delicious for a holiday twist.
- To serve with – baguette slices, favorite crackers, pita chips or apple slices.
- Optional – if you’re feeling extra fancy, wrap the brie up in a puff pastry sheet.
HOW TO MAKE THIS ELEGANT APPETIZER
Preheat oven to 350F. Line a baking sheet with a piece of parchment paper.
Remove brie from plastic wrap. You can remove the brie rind with a sharp knife if you choose, but it’s not necessary.
Finely chop up a 1/2 of a jalapeño and mix into the apricot jam.
Place brie on prepared baking sheet. Spoon the apricot jalapeño jam onto the brie in an even layer.
Add chopped almonds and sprinkle with salt. Bake for 13-15 minutes then serve immediately.
HOW TO STORE THIS EASY HOLIDAY APPETIZER
Brie stores really well! If you have leftovers, cover with plastic wrap or place in an airtight container and store in the refrigerator for 5-7 days.
When you want to reheat it, bake in the oven at 350F again for 10 minutes or warm in microwave for 1 minute. I recommend adding additional toppings when reheating to make it look appealing once again.
TIPS FOR MAKING THE BEST CLASSIC PARTY APPETIZER
- If you are wanting to transfer the brie from your sheet pan to a serving platter, allow it to sit for 5-10 minutes after removing from the oven.
- Make sure you place your brie on a parchment paper as this elegant baked brie can get very messy.
- I chose not to, but many individuals prefer this appetizer when the top of the wheel of brie is removed. The top rind can turn some people off.
- If you like your brie fairly sweet you can add additional honey or maple syrup to add more sweetness.
Other Delicious Appetizers And Holiday Treats You May Want To Try
- KFC Style Popcorn Chicken Recipe (Vegan)
- Gluten Free Pizza Bites
- Air Fryer Sweet Potato Gnocchi
- No Bake Peanut Butter Balls (5 Ingredients)
- Easy Christmas Sugar Cookie Fudge (5 Ingredients)
- 1 brie wheel
- 1/3 cup apricot jam
- 1/2 jalapeno
- chopped almonds
- fresh thyme
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Remove brie from plastic wrap. You can remove the brie rind with a sharp knife if you choose, but it's not necessary.
- Finely chop up a 1/2 of a jalapeno and mix into the apricot jam.
- Place brie on prepared baking sheet. Spoon the apricot jalapeno jam onto the brie in an even layer.
- Add chopped almonds and sprinkle with salt. Bake for 13-15 minutes then serve immediately.
Serving Size:1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 134Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 4mgSodium: 102mgCarbohydrates: 12gFiber: 2gSugar: 7gProtein: 4g
The nutrition information provided is calculated based on industry-standard software and should be used as a general guide only. The information may vary depending on ingredient substitutions, cooking techniques, and individual serving sizes. It is the responsibility of the reader to ensure the accuracy and appropriateness of the nutritional information provided. Always consult a qualified healthcare provider for personalized medical or nutritional advice.
I love to bake, cook, exercise, and document all of the above. Nutrition is not low fat. It is not low calorie. It’s not feeling deprived or being hungry all the time. It’s nourishing your body with real, whole foods so that you are consistently satisfied and energized to live your life to the fullest! Read more…