Vegan Starbucks Copycat Lemon Loaf Cake Recipe
This Starbucks Lemon Loaf Recipe is the perfect balance of bright lemon flavor and sweetness from the delicious lemon glaze. It’s made with simple ingredients, is such an easy recipe, and tastes like the real thing.
Starbucks is known for its delicious coffee and baked goods. One of the most popular items on the Starbucks menu is their lemon loaf.
But for those following a vegan diet, it can be challenging to find a plant-based version of this tasty treat. That’s why we’ve created a vegan Starbucks lemon loaf copycat recipe that you can make at home!
This delicious lemon cake is such a great recipe with a simple lemon glaze. This is a great option for those still wanting to enjoy a Starbucks lemon cake with fresh lemon flavor, but who are vegan or dairy-free.
If you love copycat recipes you may also like to try my Homemade Starbucks Copycat Cake Pops Recipe or my Starbucks Sweet Cream Cold Foam.
Table of Contents
INGREDIENTS YOU NEED FOR THIS STARBUCKS LEMON LOAF RECIPE
You will need the following ingredients listed below to make this perfect lemon loaf (the exact measurements and full recipe are in the printable recipe card at the bottom of this post):
- All-purpose flour
- Vegan Vanilla Protein Powder – I like using PEScience protein powder and you can use code BAILEY at checkout to save money on all their products.
- Baking soda
- Baking powder
- Sea salt
- Granulated monk fruit sweetener – can also use granulated white sugar.
- Lemon zest
- Coconut oil
- Fresh lemon juice – I prefer using it straight from a real lemon vs from the container. For the lemon lovers out there you can play around with lemon juice amounts.
- Almond milk
- Dairy-free greek yogurt – sour cream or regular greek yogurt will also work in place if you can handle dairy products.
- Vanilla extract
- Powdered sugar
- Optional – lemon extract, turmeric for color, etc.
DIRECTIONS ON HOW TO MAKE
Preheat your oven to 350°F (180°C). Grease a loaf pan with cooking spray, line with parchment paper and set aside.
In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, protein powder, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Alternatively, you can use a hand mixer or stand mixer.
In a separate large bowl, add the sweetener and lemon zest. Massage together with your hands to release the oil in the zest to enhance the lemon flavor.
Add in the coconut oil, lemon juice, almond milk, dairy-free greek yogurt, and vanilla extract. Mix well.
Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, mixing until just combined.
Pour batter into the prepared loaf pan and bake for 40-45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean.
While the loaf is baking, prepare the lemon glaze by whisking together the powdered sugar, almond milk and lemon juice in a small bowl.
When the loaf is done baking, remove it from the oven and let it cool in the pan for 10 minutes before removing it from the pan and transferring it to a wire rack.
Drizzle glaze over the top of the cooled loaf and let it set for a few minutes before slicing and serving.
HOW TO STORE THE MOIST LEMON CAKE
If you have leftover vegan Starbucks lemon loaf or are planning to make it ahead of time, proper storage is essential to maintain its freshness and flavor. Here are some tips on how to store the copycat Starbucks lemon loaf recipe:
- Allow the loaf to cool completely: Before storing the lemon loaf, make sure that it has cooled down to room temperature. This will prevent condensation from forming inside the container, which can make the loaf soggy.
- Wrap it in plastic wrap or aluminum foil: To prevent the lemon loaf from drying out, wrap it tightly in plastic wrap or aluminum foil. Make sure that it is sealed well to keep air out and preserve the moist crumb.
- Store it in an airtight container: If you don’t want to use plastic wrap or aluminum foil, you can also store the lemon loaf in an airtight container. Make sure that the container is the right size to prevent the loaf from moving around, which can cause it to lose its shape.
- Keep it in the fridge: The lemon loaf can be stored in the fridge for up to five days. This is the best option if you want to keep the loaf for a longer time. The fridge will keep the loaf fresh and moist, and the flavors will develop even more over time.
- Freeze it: If you want to store the lemon loaf for an even longer time, you can freeze it for up to three months. To freeze the loaf, wrap it in plastic wrap and then aluminum foil or a freezer bag to prevent freezer burn. When you’re ready to eat it, let it thaw in the fridge overnight.
TIPS AND TRICKS
Here are some tips and tricks for making the best vegan Starbucks copycat lemon loaf:
- Use fresh ingredients: For the best flavor, use fresh ingredients, especially the lemon zest and juice. Fresh lemons give lemon desserts a bright and zesty flavor.
- Melt the coconut oil properly: Make sure that the coconut oil is fully melted before adding it to the batter. This will help ensure that the loaf is moist and tender.
- Use room temperature eggs and almond milk: This will ensure that your coconut oil doesn’t solidify in the bowl again.
- Don’t overmix the batter: Overmixing the batter can lead to a tough and dry loaf. Mix the dry ingredients until just combined with the wet ingredients, and then stop stirring.
- Use a non-stick loaf pan: Using a non-stick loaf pan will make it easier to remove the loaf without it sticking. If you don’t have a non-stick pan, grease it well with oil or cooking spray.
- Add some texture: If you want to add some texture to the loaf, you can mix in some chopped nuts, such as almonds or pecans, or dried fruit, such as cranberries or raisins.
- Make one normal size loaf or mini loaves: depending on your preference you can use a 5-inch loaf pan, a bundt pan, mini loaf pans, or whatever size cake pan you desire within reason.
- Let the loaf cool completely: Letting the loaf cool completely before adding the glaze will help the glaze to set properly.
- Adjust the glaze to your liking: If you prefer a sweet lemon glaze, you can add more powdered sugar, or if you want it more tart, you can add more lemon juice.
- Serve with a hot beverage: Enjoy your vegan Starbucks copycat lemon loaf with a hot beverage, such as coffee, tea, or hot chocolate, for the ultimate treat.
This vegan Starbucks lemon loaf copycat recipe is a perfect treat for any occasion, whether you’re looking for a sweet breakfast, an afternoon snack, or a dessert. The combination of sweet and tart flavors makes it a refreshing treat that everyone will enjoy.
Plus, you can feel good about eating it knowing that it’s made with wholesome, plant-based ingredients.
So next time you’re craving Starbucks lemon loaf, skip the drive-thru and make this delicious vegan version at home!
Other Starbucks Inspired Recipes You May Like To Try
- 30 Homemade Starbucks Copycat Recipes
- Copycat Starbucks Chai Tea Latte Recipe
- Copycat Starbucks Egg White Bites Without Sous Vide Machine
- Starbucks Bacon and Gruyere Egg Bites
- Copycat Starbucks Spinach Feta Wrap Recipe
- Starbucks Chocolate Cake Pops Copycat Recipe
Vegan Starbucks Copycat Lemon Loaf Cake Recipe
This Starbucks Lemon Loaf Recipe is the perfect balance of bright lemon flavor and sweetness from the delicious lemon glaze. It's made with simple ingredients, is such an easy recipe, and tastes like the real thing.
- 1 ⅓ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 scoop PEScience Vegan Vanilla Indulgence Protein Powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ¾ cup granulated monk fruit sweetener (can use granulated white sugar)
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- ¾ cup almond milk
- ½ cup dairy-free greek yogurt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tsp almond milk
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (180°C). Grease a loaf pan and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, protein powder, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- In a separate large mixing bowl, add the sweetener and lemon zest. Massage together with your hands to release the oil in the zest to enhance the lemon flavor.
- Add in the coconut oil, lemon juice, almond milk, dairy-free greek yogurt, and vanilla extract. Mix well.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, mixing until just combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and bake for 40-45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean.
- While the loaf is baking, prepare the lemon glaze by whisking together the powdered sugar, almond milk and lemon juice in a small bowl.
- When the loaf is done baking, remove it from the oven and let it cool in the pan for 10 minutes before removing it from the pan and transferring it to a wire rack.
- Drizzle the lemon glaze over the top of the cooled loaf and let it set for a few minutes before slicing and serving.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 233Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 299mgCarbohydrates: 35gFiber: 1gSugar: 17gProtein: 7g
The nutrition information provided is calculated based on industry-standard software and should be used as a general guide only. The information may vary depending on ingredient substitutions, cooking techniques, and individual serving sizes. It is the responsibility of the reader to ensure the accuracy and appropriateness of the nutritional information provided. Always consult a qualified healthcare provider for personalized medical or nutritional advice.
IF YOU TRIED THIS RECIPE PLEASE LEAVE IT A COMMENT AND STAR RATING. I LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOUR CREATIONS! YOU CAN PIN THIS RECIPE ON PINTEREST OR SHARE ON INSTAGRAM BY TAGGING @basicswithbails and #basicswithbails
I love to bake, cook, exercise, and document all of the above. Nutrition is not low fat. It is not low calorie. It’s not feeling deprived or being hungry all the time. It’s nourishing your body with real, whole foods so that you are consistently satisfied and energized to live your life to the fullest! Read more…