How To Make Starbucks Sweet Cream Cold Foam
This Starbucks Cold Foam Recipe is the perfect addition to your cold coffees in the hot summer months. It’s sweet, has a creamy texture, and made with simple ingredients to get your morning started on the right foot.
Can we take a minute to talk about Starbucks drinks, please. Or any coffee shop drinks for that matter.
They are good, don’t get me wrong, but who likes spending 5-8 dollars on one espresso drink? Not me, definitely not me.
Hot drinks, cold drinks, a tea drink, they’re all super expensive and it adds up quick over the span of a month or a year. So I figured it might be time to create an easy recipe that’s very similar to the original, but for a fraction of the cost.
If you like delicious wake-me-up drinks you should also try my Iced Strawberry Matcha Latte Recipe and my Bulletproof Coffee For Intermittent Fasting (Keto Recipe).
The best part about this recipe is there are so many different ways to mix it up, and it doesn’t require any one special type of equipement. You can use anything from an electric frother to a blender cup to a handheld milk frother.
For best results and the easiest way, I do prefer something electric to make the best cold foam. The least effective method in my opinion is shaking it up by hand.
I’m sure by now you’ve seen some sort of post on social media about sweet cream cold brew, but if you haven’t I’m explaining it in detail below.
Keep in mind this is my copycat Starbucks vanilla cold foam recipe, and Starbucks probably makes it slightly different.
Table of Contents
WHAT IS STARBUCKS COLD FOAM?
Starbucks cold foam is a blend of heavy cream and low-fat milk that tops on top of cold brew cold drinks. It’s served in the Starbucks drink cups with lots of ice and makes the perfect sip every time.
Even though this is not created actually as the original, this will be your new favorite starbucks copycat. It will save you a lot of money, and it’s such a simple recipe to whip up during the week or on the weekend.
INGREDIENTS YOU WILL NEED FOR THE COLD FOAM RECIPE
You will need the following ingredients listed below to make the sweet cream foam (the exact measurements and full recipe are in the recipe card at the bottom of this post):
- Heavy whipping cream – the few tablespoons of heavy cream is not optional. In order to get the thick cream mixture you do need whipped cream.
- Whole milk – any type of milk will work here such as nonfat milk, oat milk, soy milk, almond milk, etc.
- Vanilla simple syrup – you can make a homemade vanilla syrup by combining white sugar, water and vanilla extract or vanilla bean paste.
- Cold brew coffee – can also make your own at home or use regular hot coffee and cool it in the refrigerator before using.
HOW TO MAKE THE STARBUCKS VANILLA SWEET CREAM COLD FOAM
In a glass or small bowl, combine the heavy cream, milk of choice and vanilla syrup.
Froth with a handheld frother, with an immersion blender or by shaking in a mason jar.
Make cold brew in a french press or purchase it from the grocery store. Serve the sweet creamy foam on top of cold brew with ice.
Some of the cream will sink into the iced drink but most will remain on the top. Enjoy!
CAN I SWITCH UP THE FLAVOR OF COLD FOAM?
Yes, you can make different flavors using different syrups. Using a vanilla flavor will yield the vanilla sweet cream cold brew.
Using salted caramel syrup with yield a caramel cream cold foam.
I have also made a pumpkin cream cold brew by adding pumpkin puree, pumpkin spice and brown sugar. This was actually one of my favorite iced coffee drinks.
This is your own sweet cream recipe so you can tailor it however you like. Add all the ingredients together, give it a quick shake and adjust as needed.
CAN I MAKE EXTRA AND STORE IT FOR THE WEEK?
Yes you absolutely can. This recipe makes 1 serving of the sweet vanilla cream, however you can make extra and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
This will stay fresh for up to 5 days. Simply use an electric milk frother to mix at high speed before making your morning coffee.
Other Starbucks Inspired Recipes You May Like To Try
- Copycat Starbucks Chai Tea Latte Recipe
- Copycat Starbucks Egg White Bites Without Sous Vide Machine
- Starbucks Bacon and Gruyere Egg Bites
- Copycat Starbucks Spinach Feta Wrap Recipe
- 3 Ingredient Funfetti Cake Pops
How To Make Starbucks Sweet Cream Cold Foam
This Starbucks Cold Foam Recipe is the perfect addition to your cold coffees in the hot summer months. It's sweet, has a creamy texture, and made with simple ingredients to get your morning started on the right foot.
- 2 tbsp heavy cream
- 1 tbsp milk of choice, whole milk, almond milk, soy milk, oat milk, etc.
- 2 tbsp vanilla syrup, can use sugar free
- 16 oz cold brew, amount of your liking
- 2 tbsp vanilla syrup, for inside cold brew
- In a glass or small bowl, combine the heavy cream, milk of choice and vanilla syrup.
- Froth with a handheld frother, an electric milk frother or by shaking in a mason jar.
- Add cold brew to a separate glass with more vanilla syrup. Add ice and creamy cold foam on top.
- Some of the cream will sink into the iced drink but most will remain on the top. Enjoy!
Serving Size:1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g
IF YOU TRIED THIS RECIPE PLEASE LEAVE IT A COMMENT AND STAR RATING. I LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOUR CREATIONS! YOU CAN PIN THIS RECIPE ON PINTEREST OR SHARE ON INSTAGRAM BY TAGGING @basicswithbails and #basicswithbails
I love to bake, cook, exercise, and document all of the above. Nutrition is not low fat. It is not low calorie. It’s not feeling deprived or being hungry all the time. It’s nourishing your body with real, whole foods so that you are consistently satisfied and energized to live your life to the fullest! Read more…