Craft a festive centerpiece with our Chocolate Pretzel Wreath recipe – an easy, no-bake delight blending crunchy pretzels and rich chocolate, adorned with colorful sprinkles and M&M’s. Perfect for sharing or gifting, this treat offers a sweet and salty symphony in every festive bite.
The holiday season is not only a time for festive decorations but also an opportunity to create delicious treats that bring joy to your kitchen. Enter this Chocolate Pretzel Wreath recipe – a delightful combination of sweet and salty, topped with festive sprinkles.
This easy-to-make treat is not only a crowd-pleaser but also a fun activity that lets you infuse the Christmas spirit of the season into your baking.
Table of Contents
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS CHOCOLATE PRETZEL WREATH RECIPE
- Easy and Quick:This recipe requires minimal ingredients and no baking. It’s a simple and quick way to create a festive and delicious treat.
- Sweet and Salty Harmony:The combination of rich chocolate and salty pretzels creates a perfect harmony of sweet and savory flavors, satisfying all taste buds.
- Kid-Friendly Activity:Involve the entire family in making this chocolate pretzel wreath. It’s a fun and creative activity, and the result is a tasty treat that everyone can enjoy.
- Versatile Decor:Customize the wreath with your favorite festive decorations – from sprinkles to M&M’s, let your creativity shine.
- Shareable Delight:Whether you’re gifting it to friends or serving it at holiday gatherings, the Chocolate Pretzel Wreath is a delightful and shareable treat that adds a festive touch to any occasion.
SIMPLE INGREDIENTS FOR THE FESTIVE CHOCOLATE PRETZEL WREATHS
You will need the following handful of ingredients listed below to make the edible wreaths (the exact measurements, nutrition facts and full recipe are in the printable recipe card at the bottom of the post):
- Pretzel twists – gluten free mini pretzels work as well for gluten-free diets.
- Dark chocolate or semi-sweet chocolate chips – can use white chocolate chips with food coloring or candy melts.
- Coconut oil
- Festive sprinkles
- Red and green M&M’s or candy-coated chocolates
HOW TO MAKE
In a microwave-safe bowl, melt the semisweet chocolate chips with coconut oil in 30-second intervals, stirring until smooth.
Dip pretzels into the melted chocolate, ensuring they are fully coated. Use a fork to lift them out, allowing excess chocolate to drip back into the bowl.
On a parchment-lined baking sheet, arrange the chocolate-coated pretzels in a circular shape to form a wreath. Ensure they are close together, creating a cohesive wreath design.
While the chocolate is still wet, generously sprinkle festive-colored sprinkles over the pretzels. This adds a touch of holiday magic to your wreath.
Place red and green M&M’s or candy-coated chocolates strategically on the wreath to mimic ornaments or berries.
Place the baking sheet in the refrigerator to allow the chocolate to set completely. This usually takes about 20-30 minutes.
Once set and decorated, carefully remove the chocolate pretzel wreath from the baking sheet. Enjoy!
- Room Temperature:Once fully set, store the Chocolate Pretzel Wreath in an airtight container at room temperature. Ensure it’s kept in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight. It should stay fresh for up to one week.
- Refrigeration (Extended Storage):For longer shelf life, especially if your environment is warm, refrigerate the Chocolate Pretzel Wreath. Place it in an airtight container to prevent moisture absorption. It can be refrigerated for up to two weeks.
- Avoid Humidity:Chocolate and pretzels can absorb moisture, affecting their texture. Keep the wreath away from humid areas, and use silica gel packets in the container to absorb any excess moisture.
- Layer Separation:If stacking multiple layers of the wreath in a container, place parchment paper between the layers to prevent pieces from sticking together and maintain their individual shapes.
CAN I USE MELTED WHITE CHOCOLATE INSTEAD OF SEMI-SWEET CHOCOLATE?
Absolutely! Customize your wreath by using white chocolate or a combination of both for a visually appealing and delicious twist.
CAN I ADD OTHER TOPPINGS LIKE CHOPPED NUTS OR DRIED FRUIT?
Certainly! Get creative with additional toppings like chopped nuts, dried fruit, or even shredded coconut to add extra texture and flavor.
HOW FAR IN ADVANCE CAN I MAKE THESE FESTIVE TREATS?
The Chocolate Pretzel Wreath is best enjoyed within the first week of making it. However it can be prepared a few days in advance if made for a holiday gift.
CAN I USE GLUTEN-FREE PRETZELS FOR FOR A GLUTEN FREE VERSION OF THIS FUN TREAT?
Absolutely! Swap traditional pretzels for gluten-free alternatives to create a delicious gluten-free version of the wreath.
CAN I ADD A TOUCH OF PEPPERMINT EXTRACT TO THE CHOCOLATE FOR A MINTY FLAVOR?
Yes! Infuse a hint of peppermint by adding a small amount of peppermint extract to the melted chocolate before coating the pretzels.
HOW CAN I PREVENT THE WREATH FROM BECOMING TOO STICKY DURING STORAGE?
Ensure the wreath is fully set before storing, and avoid humid environments. Adding silica gel packets to the storage container can help absorb excess moisture.
Other Fun Holiday Treats You May Like To Bring To Your Next Christmas Party!
- Christmas Chocolate Peppermint Truffles
- Vegan Classic Rice Krispie Treats
- Heart Shaped Jam Thumbprint Cookies
- Vegan & Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Double Chocolate Peppermint Cookies
- Gluten Free Vegan Peanut Butter Cookies
- Easy Christmas Sugar Cookie Fudge
- Easy Chocolate Marshmallow Squares With Rice Krispies
- 125 grams white candy melts
- 60 pretzels
- 3 tbsp holiday m&m's
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt the white candy melts in 30-second intervals, stirring until smooth.
- Dip 6 pretzels into the melted chocolate half way down, leaving the top bare. Allowing excess chocolate to drip back into the bowl.
- On a parchment-lined baking sheet, arrange the chocolate-coated pretzels in a circular shape to form a wreath. Ensure they are close together, creating a cohesive wreath design.
- While the chocolate is still wet, dip 6 additional pretzels one at a time in the white chocolate and place on top to create the top layer. Then generously sprinkle festive-colored sprinkles over the pretzels. This adds a touch of holiday magic to your wreath.
- Place red and green M&M's or candy-coated chocolates strategically on the wreath to mimic ornaments or berries.
- Place the baking sheet in the refrigerator to allow the chocolate to set completely. This usually takes about 10 minutes.
- Once set and decorated, carefully remove the chocolate pretzel wreath from the baking sheet. Enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 343Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 4233mgCarbohydrates: 43gFiber: 12gSugar: 28gProtein: 5g
The nutrition information provided is calculated based on industry-standard software and should be used as a general guide only. The information may vary depending on ingredient substitutions, cooking techniques, and individual serving sizes. It is the responsibility of the reader to ensure the accuracy and appropriateness of the nutritional information provided. Always consult a qualified healthcare provider for personalized medical or nutritional advice.
IF YOU TRIED THIS EASY RECIPE PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT AND STAR RATING. I LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOUR CREATIONS! YOU CAN PIN THIS RECIPE ON PINTEREST OR SHARE ON INSTAGRAM BY TAGGING @basicswithbails and #basicswithbails
I love to bake, cook, exercise, and document all of the above. Nutrition is not low fat. It is not low calorie. It’s not feeling deprived or being hungry all the time. It’s nourishing your body with real, whole foods so that you are consistently satisfied and energized to live your life to the fullest! Read more…