Carrot Cake Overnight Oats
These High Protein Carrot Cake Overnight Oats are the best oatmeal recipe for lovers of dessert for breakfast! Enjoy all the delicious flavors of carrot cake while getting the health benefits of overnight proats at the same time. Prep your protein oats at night in just minutes and breakfast is ready to go.
Coming at you with a healthy overnight oats recipe that you will want to keep handy for whenever you feel like dessert for breakfast! Carrot Cake Overnight Oats. Creamy oats loaded with sweet carrots, crunchy nuts, plump raisins, and a tangy white chocolate cream cheese frosting on top! Just like every delicious carrot cake should be.
I LOVE turning dessert flavors into healthy breakfasts (did you check out my Lemon Cheesecake Overnight Oats and Biscoff Overnight Oats ?). So it was really just a matter of time before I took inspiration from my favorite springtime dessert -carrot cake- and turned it into overnight oats.
Trust me, the flavor of carrot cake for breakfast is something you will be so happy to wake up to. This just might be one of the best overnight oats recipes I have come up with!
What I love about this recipe? It literally comes together in minutes but is incredibly fun to eat with all those different textures from the carrot cake add-ins. You will feel like you are eating a decadent dessert while actually fueling your body with all the nutrients you need first thing in the morning. I add some protein powder to the oatmeal so these are actually Carrot Cake Protein Oats.
Table of Contents
WHAT YOU NEED TO MAKE CARROT CAKE OVERNIGHT OATS
You will need the following ingredients listed below to make these overnight proats (the exact measurements are in the recipe card below):
- Gluten-free rolled oats or quick oats – It’s not required to use gluten free for the recipe to work, but you can if you want to lower gluten content.
- Almond Milk – any plant milk will work here. Cashew milk, oat milk, or soy can be used and regular cow’s milk will do the job as well if you would prefer to use that.
- Chia Seeds – They help thicken the overnight oats by absorbing some of the liquid that might be seeping from the carrots.
- Protein powder – one of the benefits of overnight oats is you can turn them into a protein-packed meal by simply adding in some protein power. This will help you feel full for longer. For all of you that are struggling to meet their protein goals, a breakfast of high-protein overnight oats is definitely the way to go. My favorite protein powder is PEScience and you can use code BAILEY at checkout for a special deal on all their products!
- Carrot Cake Spices: a warming blend of cinnamon and nutmeg make the oatmeal base taste like cake batter.
- shredded carrots – Use a box grater to shred the carrots.
- pecans – walnuts would be a great substitution and I think pistachios would also be delicious.
- raisins – not everyone loves raisins so if you’re not a fan, use cranberries or simply skip them.
- white chocolate chips – you can use a vegan brand for dairy-free.
- Greek yogurt – thick coconut yogurt would be the best vegan substitution here.
- cream cheese – you can use your favorite brand of vegan cream cheese .
WHICH OATS ARE BEST FOR OVERNIGHT OATS
Old fashioned rolled oats are typically the best type of oats for making overnight oats. They will give you that satisfying creamy texture with just the right amount of chew in every bite. I don’t recommend quick oats for overnight oats as they will get too soggy once soaked with milk. And do not use steel-cut oats because they won’t soften enough to eat just with milk, unfortunately.
CAN OVERNIGHT OATS BE HEATED?
Absolutely! While some people think that overnight oats are best eaten cold, you can absolutely warm them up when you crave the comfort of having something sweet and hot for breakfast. These carrot cake oats can be heated in the microwave for about one minute before serving.
CAN I BLEND OVERNIGHT OATS?
Yes, you can make blended carrot cake overnight oats. Add oats, milk, protein powder, and spices to a blender and blend on high speed for 30-60 seconds or until the mixture is smooth and creamy. Fill into containers, stir in your carrot cake add-ins and refrigerate. The texture will be like a thick smoothie. Add the topping the next day.
HOW MANY CALORIES ARE IN OVERNIGHT OATS?
Calorie count varies a lot depending on the recipe. If you want to keep these low cal, maybe skip the raisins as they are pretty calorie-dense, and serve the oats without the topping.
Carrot Cake Overnight Oats
These High Protein Carrot Cake Overnight Oats are the best oatmeal recipe for lovers of dessert for breakfast! Enjoy all the delicious flavors of carrot cake while getting the health benefits of overnight proats at the same time. Prep your protein oats at night in just minutes and breakfast is ready on the go.
- 1/2 cup certified gluten free oats
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 1/2 scoop vanilla protein powder, I used PEScience Gourmet Vanilla - use code BAILEY at checkout for $$ off
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 2 tbsp shredded carrots
- 1 tbsp pecans, chopped
- 1 tbsp raisins, can omit or replace with white chocolate
FOR CHEESECAKE WHITE CHOCOLATE GANACHE
- 1/3 cup greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp white chocolate chips
- 1.5 tbsp cream cheese
- Add all oat ingredients to a bowl or jar. Stir well and refrigerate for a minimum of 1 hour.
- Microwave white chocolate in a small bowl. Mix in with Greek yogurt and room temperature cream cheese. I used a whisk to get rid of lumps.
- Remove oats from the refrigerator, and pour cream cheese ganache overtop. Put back in the fridge overnight to set.
- In the morning, top with more carrot shreds and pecan pieces! Grab and go!
Serving Size:1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g
OTHER HEALTHY OATMEAL RECIPES YOU WILL WANT TO TRY
Gluten Free High Protein Carrot Cake Baked Oats
Strawberry Cheesecake Overnight Oats
I LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOUR CREATIONS! YOU CAN PIN THIS RECIPE ON PINTEREST OR SHARE ON INSTAGRAM BY TAGGING @basicswithbails and #basicswithbails
I love to bake, cook, exercise, and document all of the above. Nutrition is not low fat. It is not low calorie. It’s not feeling deprived or being hungry all the time. It’s nourishing your body with real, whole foods so that you are consistently satisfied and energized to live your life to the fullest! Read more…
Do you have the nutritional analysis on this?
So sorry but I do not!
Carrot cake is my favorite dessert so I KNEW I had to make these oats as soon as I saw them! Seriously THE BEST!
I can relate!! Thank you so much for the 5 star review I’m so glad you enjoyed them!!
LOVE THIS, I love all things carrot cake and this did not disappoint