Elevate your daily protein routine with our Oreo Protein Shake recipe—blending the classic allure of Oreo cookies with a powerful chocolate protein kick. Sip your way to indulgent satisfaction and sustained energy in a single, delicious gulp.
Picture this – the classic indulgence of Oreo cookies meets the nutritional boost of a protein shake. Yes, you read that right!
Today, we’re diving into the realm of delicious meets nutritious with an Oreo Protein Shake recipe that’s not only a treat for your taste buds but also a powerhouse of protein to fuel your day.
Get ready to sip, savor, and energize!
Table of Contents
WHAT’S IN A TRADITIONAL OREO BLIZZARD?
Typically, oreo blizzards consist of soft-serve vanilla ice cream or another base flavor, blended with Oreo cookie pieces. Some variations may include additional ingredients like chocolate syrup or fudge.
As for the calorie content, it varies based on the serving size and the specific ingredients used in the Blizzard.
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS OREO PROTEIN SHAKE RECIPE
- Decadent Flavor Fusion: Our Oreo Protein Shake merges the rich, chocolaty goodness of Oreos with the power-packed punch of chocolate protein, creating a taste explosion that’s both indulgent and satisfying.
- Post-Workout Bliss: It’s not just a treat; it’s a recovery essential. Packed with protein, this shake aids in muscle repair and replenishment, making it the ideal companion for your post-workout routine.
- Quick and Convenient: Craving a delicious and nutritious pick-me-up? Whip up this shake in minutes—perfect for busy mornings, afternoon slumps, or whenever you need a tasty boost.
- Balanced Nutrition: Indulgence meets wellness with a shake that not only satisfies your sweet tooth but also provides a substantial dose of protein, keeping you fueled and focused throughout the day.
- Versatile Customization: Whether you prefer it extra creamy, nutty, or with an added dash of sweetness, this shake welcomes personalization. Add peanut butter, almond milk, or even a hint of vanilla—make it yours!
BASIC INGREDIENTS YOU NEED FOR THE COOKIES AND CREAM PROTEIN SHAKE
You will need the following ingredients listed below to make the cookies and cream protein smoothie (the exact measurements, nutrition information and full recipe are in the printable recipe card at the bottom of this post):
- Unsweetened almond milk – can use any dairy-free milk such as soy milk, coconut milk, oat milk, cashew milk or even skim milk.
- Cookies & Cream protein powder from PEScience – can also use vanilla protein powder, chocolate protein powder, vegan protein powder or your favorite protein powder flavor.
- Couple of oreo cookies – can use regular oreos or gluten-free oreos.
- Ice cubes (as desired)
- Whipped cream and crushed Oreos for topping
- Optional – nonfat plain greek yogurt, frozen banana, maple syrup, peanut butter, almond butter, pinch of salt, etc.
HOW TO MAKE
- Add all ingredients except cookies and cream protein powder to a high powered blender.
- Once combined, add in cookies and cream protein powder and blend until just combined for extra oreo flavor!
CAN I USE ANY TYPE OF MILK FOR THIS OREO MILKSHAKE?
Absolutely! Whether you prefer dairy or a plant-based alternative like almond, soy, or coconut milk, the choice is yours. Pick your favorite to customize the shake to your taste and dietary preferences.
Can also use cow’s milk, whole milk, or regular milk.
DO I HAVE TO USE PROTEIN POWDER IN THIS ICE CREAM PROTEIN MILKSHAKE?
Certainly, but keep in mind that the protein powder not only enhances the shake’s nutritional value but also contributes to its creamy texture. If you opt out, consider adding a bit more peanut butter or another protein source.
Can use whey protein powder or favorite protein powder of choice.
CAN I MAKE THIS SMOOTHIE RECIPE THICK OR THINNER?
For a thicker consistency, add more ice cubes or reduce the amount of milk. To make it thinner, increase the milk quantity or use less ice.
IS THIS SHAKE A MEAL REPLACEMENT?
While protein shakes are nutrient-dense, they may not provide a complete balance of all essential nutrients required for a full meal. They’re best enjoyed as a snack or a part of a balanced meal plan.
CAN I MAKE THIS INTO A CHOCOLATE SMOOTHIE?
Yes, absolutely! You can add black cocoa powder and chocolate sandwich cookies to add more of a chocolate spin.
CAN I MAKE THIS A LOW CALORIE DELICIOUS OREO PROTEIN SHAKE?
Opt for a low-calorie milk alternative, use a sugar-free protein powder, and go easy on the toppings and healthy fats. You can also skip the peanut butter or choose a powdered peanut butter option.
Other Healthy Breakfast Recipes You May Like To Try!
- Superfood Protein Breakfast Cookies (Gluten Free & Dairy Free)
- Vegan Banana Chocolate Chip Sheet Pan Pancakes
- Healthy Banana Bread Cookies (Vegan & Gluten Free)
- Cinnamon Roll Protein Overnight Oats
- My Favorite Green Smoothie
- 1 cup ice
- 1/4 cup plain greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp egg whites
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 scoop cookies and cream PEScience protein powder
- Start by blending your ice in your high powdered blender till it becomes crushed.
- Add all remaining ingredients except cookies and cream protein powder and blend.
- Once combined, add in cookies and cream protein powder and blend until just combined for extra oreo flavor! Top with whipped cream and oreo if desired.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 182Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 8mgSodium: 223mgCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 35g
The nutrition information provided is calculated based on industry-standard software and should be used as a general guide only. The information may vary depending on ingredient substitutions, cooking techniques, and individual serving sizes. It is the responsibility of the reader to ensure the accuracy and appropriateness of the nutritional information provided. Always consult a qualified healthcare provider for personalized medical or nutritional advice.
IF YOU TRIED THIS PERFECT TREAT PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT IN THE COMMENT SECTION AND STAR RATING. I LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOUR CREATIONS! YOU CAN PIN THIS RECIPE ON PINTEREST OR SHARE ON INSTAGRAM BY TAGGING @basicswithbails and #basicswithbails
I love to bake, cook, exercise, and document all of the above. Nutrition is not low fat. It is not low calorie. It’s not feeling deprived or being hungry all the time. It’s nourishing your body with real, whole foods so that you are consistently satisfied and energized to live your life to the fullest! Read more…