This Protein Orange Julius Smoothie is a delicious treat with healthy ingredients. It’s perfect for busy mornings when you’re trying to hit your protein goals and follow general nutrition advice.
If you’re looking for a quick and easy way to get a protein boost while satisfying your sweet tooth, look no further than the three ingredient protein Orange Julius drink! With just a few simple ingredients, you can whip up a delicious and healthy drink that’s perfect for any time of day.
The nutritional stats for one 16-ounce serving of a typical Orange Julius recipe can contain up to 40 grams of sugar or more, which is equivalent to about 10 teaspoons of sugar. This is more than the American Heart Association’s recommended daily value limit of added sugars, which is 6 teaspoons (24 grams) for women and 9 teaspoons (36 grams) for men.
The good news is, you can trade in your Orange Julius that contains corn syrup solids and as much sugar as a can of soda, for my Orange Julius smoothie that has enough protein to fuel you for the entire morning. It’s one of my new favorite ways to start my mornings.
Say goodbye to all orange julius locations and dairy queen locations, and hello to healthy smoothie recipes.
INGREDIENTS FOR THE ORANGE JULIUS PROTEIN SHAKES
You will need the following ingredients listed below to make the orange smoothie (the exact measurements and detailed information are in the recipe card at the bottom of the post):
- Orange juice – the natural sweetness from the orange juice gives this the perfect orange julius® flavor.
- Vanilla protein powder – my favorite is PEScience Gourmet Vanilla protein powder. Use code BAILEY at checkout to save money on all products!
- Almond milk – any dairy-free milk will work such as coconut milk, cashew milk or soy milk.
- Optional – vanilla extract, fresh oranges, other fresh real fruit, etc.
HOW TO MAKE THE ORANGE JULIUS SHAKES
Add the orange juice, protein powder, almond milk and ice to a blender.
Blend on high speed until the ice is completely crushed and the drink is smooth. Around 30-45 seconds.
Pour into a glass and enjoy immediately.
That’s it! With just those three ingredients, you’ve got a drink that’s packed with protein, vitamin C, and other nutrients that your body needs. Here’s a closer look at why each ingredient is so important:
- Orange juice: This sweet and tangy juice is a great source of vitamin C, which is essential for maintaining a healthy immune system. It’s also a good source of other important vitamins and minerals, such as potassium and folate.
- Vanilla protein powder: Adding a scoop of protein powder to this drink is a great way to boost your protein intake, which is important for building and repairing muscles, as well as maintaining healthy skin, hair, and nails. The vanilla flavor adds a delicious and subtle sweetness to the drink.
- Almond milk: This adds creaminess to the orange juice concentrate mixture and cuts down on the sweetness and added sugars from the orange juice.
- Ice: While it may not seem like a key ingredient, ice is what gives this drink its refreshing and slushy texture. Plus, it helps to keep the drink cool and refreshing, which is especially important on a hot day.
CAN YOU MAKE THIS INTO DIFFERENT FLAVORS?
Yes, absolutely you can! You can add frozen banana and strawberries to make a strawberry banana smoothie.
You could also add pineapple juice and coconut milk for a tropi-colada.
Overall, the three ingredient protein Orange Julius drink is a quick and easy way to get a nutritious and delicious drink that can help you stay healthy and energized throughout the day. So the next time you’re in need of a quick snack or pick-me-up, give this recipe a try!
OTHER COPYCAT RECIPES YOU MAY LIKE TO TRY!
- Copycat Starbucks Chai Tea Latte
- Starbucks Egg White Bites
- Copycat Starbucks Cinnamon Dolce Latte Recipe
- Starbucks Sweet Cream Cold Foam
- Copycat Starbucks Spinach Feta Wrap Recipe
- 1 cup ice
- 1/2 cup orange juice, without pulp
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder, I used PEScience Gourmet Vanilla - use code BAILEY for $$$ off all their products
- Add the ice, orange juice, almond milk and protein powder to a blender.
- Blend on high speed until the ice is completely crushed and the drink is smooth. Around 30-45 seconds.
- Pour into a glass and enjoy immediately.
Serving Size:1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g
I love to bake, cook, exercise, and document all of the above. Nutrition is not low fat. It is not low calorie. It’s not feeling deprived or being hungry all the time. It’s nourishing your body with real, whole foods so that you are consistently satisfied and energized to live your life to the fullest! Read more…