Air Fryer Pineapple
For a healthy easy dessert that everyone loves try this Air Fryer Pineapple recipe. So easy to make with simple ingredients, and the air fried pineapple rings come out soft, juicy, and perfectly sweet.
We are making Air fried Pineapple, you guys. Yes, you heard me – you can air fry pineapple and if you ask me, these fried pineapple rings might just be my new favorite summer dessert!
One of the easiest healthy air fryer desserts I have tried and sure to satisfy every type of sweet tooth. It’s a great way to satisfy your sweet tooth with minimal effort, while also getting your quota of fresh fruit.
In addition to being high in fiber, pineapples are packed with vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants! What’s not to love?
If you enjoy cooked pineapple, you are going to love this Air Fryer Grilled Pineapple recipe. You may also love my Air Fryer Cinnamon Apple Chips and my Air Fryer Bananas.
Grilling or frying fruit intensifies their flavor and with the caramelized maple syrup and sugar coating, these Air fryer pineapple rings just melt in your mouth. Flavorwise, these are pretty similar to flambeed pineapple, or grilled pineapple, but all without having to fire up the grill.
I love to serve them with ice cream as a healthier dessert option. It’s so satisfying to watch the ice cream melt over the still warm caramelized pineapple rings!
These cooked pineapple rings would also make a great topping for Greek yogurt. The flavors combine perfectly as the pineapple cooks and caramelizes.
But why stop at dessert? Roasted cinnamon pineapple is also a delicious addition to so many savory dishes.
You can serve these air-fried pineapple rings alongside or mixed into Asian chicken dishes or pair them with pork dishes like baked ham or pork chops. Chopped, they are the perfect addition to Mexican tacos al pastor.
This recipe uses only half a pineapple but you can store leftovers for five to seven days in the refrigerator in an airtight container. You can also use leftover pineapple to try more healthy pineapple recipes like my Green Smoothie.
Table of Contents
INGREDIENTS FOR MAKING AIR FRYER PINEAPPLE:
- Fresh Pineapple Slices: We want to use a fresh, ripe pineapple, not frozen or store-bought pineapple slices. Look for a fragrant pineapple with a slight give when pressed, ripe pineapples will emit a slightly sweet aroma.
- Maple syrup: I use a small amount as my pineapple was really sweet but if yours is a bit less ripe, you might want to add a bit more. Use pure maple syrup to keep this healthy dessert refined sugar-free.
- Coconut Oil – the addition of fat adds more depth of flavor. You could also use melted ghee or melted butter.
- Ground Cinnamon: I love the addition of cinnamon here and I find it intensifies the caramel flavor but if you’re not a fan of cinnamon, skip it.
- Optional – a scoop of vanilla ice cream, coconut sugar, caramel sauce, or a brown sugar mixture if the natural sweetness isn’t sweet enough for you!
HOW TO MAKE THIS DELICIOUS DESSERT
Peel and slice the pineapple into pineapple chunks, removing the core (with a pineapple corer if you have). Place in a medium size bowl.
Pour the melted coconut oil and maple syrup over the pineapple, coating evenly. Then sprinkle with cinnamon.
Place in air fryer basket in a single layer and air fry at 375 for 8 minutes on each side. The cooking time may vary depending on the power and size of your air fryer.
Once caramelized, top with a scoop of ice cream and toasted coconut. Enjoy!
HOW TO PEEL THIS TROPICAL FRUIT
Place the pineapple on a cutting board and slice off the top green crown and bottom. Then, stand the pineapple upright and use a sharp chef’s knife to slice away strips of the outer peel/rind.
Rotate the pineapple and repeat this until all of the skin is removed. Try and cut deep enough into the flesh that most of the dark eyes are removed.
Use a paring knife to cut out any remaining remnants of the skin. The dark eyes are edible, but not very pretty.
HOW TO CORE A PINEAPPLE
Cut pineapple into ¾-1-inch slices. Remove the core with a cookie cutter. Use a 1-inch cookie cutter for best results. A small shot glass with a sharp edge can also work well. And as a last resort, you can use a small paring knife. (step 2 above)
STORING THIS AIR FRYER RECIPE
Should you have any leftover fried pineapple rings, store them in the fridge for 2-3 days in a sealed container.
You may also reheat them for 1-2 minutes in your fryer or toaster oven but watch them carefully.
MORE SUMMERY RECIPES
- Air Fryer Apple Crisp
- Peaches & Cream Overnight Oats
- Vegan Superfood Millennia Tea Key Lime Pie
- Thick Blueberry Cauliflower Smoothie Bowl
- Gluten Free Crostini with Blueberry Spread And Cream Cheese
Air Fryer Pineapple
For a healthy pineapple dessert that everyone loves try this Air Fryer Pineapple recipe. So easy to make with simple ingredients, and the flavors combine perfectly as the pineapple cooks and caramelizes. The air fried pineapple rings come out soft, juicy, and perfectly sweet. Serve them with ice cream.
- 1/2 pineapple
- 1 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 tbsp maple syrup, can use more if you like it sweeter
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- vanilla ice cream, for topping - can use vegan ice cream
- toasted coconut, for topping
- Peel and slice the pineapple, removing the core. Place in a medium size bowl.
- Pour the melted coconut oil and maple syrup over the pineapple, coating evenly. Then sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Place in air fryer and air fry at 375 for 8 minutes on each side.
- Once caramelized, top with ice cream and toasted coconut. Enjoy!
Serving Size:1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g
I LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOUR CREATIONS! YOU CAN PIN THIS RECIPE ON PINTEREST OR SHARE ON INSTAGRAM BY TAGGING @basicswithbails and #basicswithbails
I love to bake, cook, exercise, and document all of the above. Nutrition is not low fat. It is not low calorie. It’s not feeling deprived or being hungry all the time. It’s nourishing your body with real, whole foods so that you are consistently satisfied and energized to live your life to the fullest! Read more…