This dairy-free eggnog french toast is a delicious festive twist on regular french toast with the perfect amount of eggnog flavor. Made with only 6 ingredients, this is the perfect breakfast the whole family will love at that time of year.
The holiday season is all about indulging in comforting and festive treats that bring joy to our taste buds. And what better way to celebrate than with a dairy-free twist on a classic breakfast favorite? Introducing our Dairy-Free Eggnog French Toast, a delightful and luscious dish that captures the essence of the holidays in every bite.
Made with dairy-free eggnog and a medley of warm spices, this French toast recipe is a perfect addition to your holiday brunch menu. It’s as easy as a slice of bread, and eggnog glaze mixture, and a few other simple ingredients.
Get ready to savor the delicious flavors and enjoy the heartwarming experience of this festive treat. If you’re in the holiday spirit you may also like to try my Cinnamon Roll Protein Overnight Oats or my Cinnamon Streusel Sour Cream Coffee Cake.
French toast has always been a real TREAT in my household. We only have it on special occasions or big brunches with my family and friends.
I honestly don’t understand why we never had it more, as it’s so much easier than pancakes or waffles in my opinion. All you have to do is mix up the egg mixture, soak the bread cubes, and cook it. It’s even got me thinking about a french toast casserole version, hello.
It might start being more of a weekend breakfast in my house from here on in with this easy recipe. It saves so much time slaving over a kitchen, making it the perfect easy Christmas morning recipe.
Table of Contents
INGREDIENTS FOR THE DELICIOUS FRENCH TOAST
You will need the following ingredients listed below to make this cozy breakfast (the exact measurements and full recipe are in the recipe card at the bottom of the post):
- Bread slices – white bread, challah bread, grain bread, gluten-free bread if desired. The type of bread will change the texture.
- Dairy-free eggnog – can make homemade eggnog if desired, or use a base of cashew milk, or oat milk boxed eggnog.
- Egg whites or large eggs
- Sprinkle of cinnamon
- Vanilla extract
HOW TO MAKE THE PERFECT CLASSIC FRENCH TOAST
SERVE IT UP IN BITE SIZE PIECES
Start with 4 slices of stale bread.
Whisk together the eggnog, egg whites, cinnamon, vanilla, and nutmeg.
Heat up a non stick pan and grease with spray or butter.
Soak bread in eggnog mixture for approximately 15-20 seconds on each side, or until it has soaked up the mixture.
Cook on each side for 1-2 minutes, or until golden brown.
Cut up into bite size pieces and serve with whipped cream, powdered sugar, or butter and syrup! Dip into more eggnog, syrup, or cream cheese icing!
SERVE IT UP WHOLE
The other way to enjoy it is with thick slices of bread. Mix the eggnog, egg whites, cinnamon and nutmeg together in a shallow bowl.
Then soak the bread in the egg mixture for 15-20 seconds, so it soaks up all the flavour. Then toss it in a frying pan and cook it for a few minutes until golden brown.
Serve it whole with whipped cream, powdered sugar, or butter and syrup! A little bit less work and SO DELICIOUS!
HOW TO STORE
To keep your Dairy-Free Eggnog French Toast fresh and delicious for later enjoyment, proper storage is essential. Here’s how to store it:
Refrigeration (For Leftovers):
- If you have leftover cooked Dairy-Free Eggnog French Toast, allow it to cool to room temperature first.
- Transfer the leftover French toast to an airtight container or wrap it tightly with plastic wrap.
- Place the container or wrapped French toast in the refrigerator.
- The refrigerated Dairy-Free Eggnog French Toast can be safely stored for up to 2-3 days.
DIFFERENT TOPPINGS FOR THIS HOLIDAY BREAKFAST
This eggnog french toast is so versatile and can be topped with pretty much anything. These are some of my favourite combos:
- Whip cream with fresh fruits
- A smear of nut butter, and powdered sugar
- Some melted butter and maple syrup
- Greek yogurt with honey and blueberries
- Applesauce, cinnamon and chopped walnuts
- For a pumpkin spice version you can add pumpkin puree and pumpkin pie spice to the batter.
Other Holiday Recipes You May Like To Try!
- Cinnamon Roll Baked Oatmeal
- Soft and Chewy Ginger Molasses Cookies
- Sugar Cookie Baked Oats
- Gluten Free Bread Pudding
- Chocolate Pecan Caramel Turtles
- 4 slices of bread
- 1/2 cup dairy free eggnog, I used So Delicious coconut milk eggnog
- 2 egg whites or full eggs
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- Cut up 4 slices of bread.
- Whisk together the eggnog, egg whites, cinnamon, vanilla, and nutmeg.
- Heat up non stick pan and grease with spray or butter.
- Soak bread in eggnog mixture for approximately 15-20 seconds on each side, or until it has soaked up the mixture.
- Cook on each side for 1-2 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Serve whole with whipped cream, powdered sugar, or butter and syrup! Or cut up into bite size pieces and dip into more eggnog, or syrup!
Serving Size:1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 426Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 205mgSodium: 520mgCarbohydrates: 50gFiber: 2gSugar: 22gProtein: 21g
The nutrition information provided is calculated based on industry-standard software and should be used as a general guide only. The information may vary depending on ingredient substitutions, cooking techniques, and individual serving sizes. It is the responsibility of the reader to ensure the accuracy and appropriateness of the nutritional information provided. Always consult a qualified healthcare provider for personalized medical or nutritional advice.
IF YOU TRIED THIS VEGAN FRENCH TOAST RECIPE PLEASE LEAVE IT A COMMENT AND STAR RATING. I LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOUR CREATIONS! YOU CAN PIN THIS RECIPE ON PINTEREST OR SHARE ON INSTAGRAM BY TAGGING @basicswithbails and #basicswithbails
I love to bake, cook, exercise, and document all of the above. Nutrition is not low fat. It is not low calorie. It’s not feeling deprived or being hungry all the time. It’s nourishing your body with real, whole foods so that you are consistently satisfied and energized to live your life to the fullest! Read more…