Sugar Cookie Baked Oats are the most festive way to start off your day! They are topped with Greek yogurt ganache and loaded with extra protein which makes these baked oats extra nutritious while tasting like a sugar cookie! This baked protein oats recipe uses simple pantry staples only and comes together in no time at all.
Sugar Cookie Baked Oats – this protein baked oats recipe is super fun and perfect for special occasions like a birthday breakfast, or any day that calls for colorful sprinkles! If you ask me, sprinkles are always a good idea and you could totally make these baked oats daily as they are healthy, gluten-free and packed with protein!
Oh, did I mention that they actually taste like SUGAR COOKIES!?
Baked sugar cookie oatmeal is my favorite breakfast because it’s basically like eating a giant oven-warm iced Starbucks sugar cookie for breakfast. You know, the ones you would get alongside a mug of the season’s current Starbucks holiday drink.
I don’t know about you but I just cannot resist those Starbucks Christmas drinks so I try to at least curb some of those cravings with healthy recipes like these sugar cookie protein oats.
To make these taste like the real deal, I took inspiration from my go-to sugar cookie recipe and added vanilla extract and almond extract as well as some vanilla protein powder. And of course, we need some kind of icing! I went with a topping of Greek yogurt sweetened with a bit of honey and found it just perfect.
- certified gluten-free oats
- banana – we do not add any sugar to this recipe so we want to use a ripe banana for this recipe
- baking powder helps the oats get a nice cake like texture.
- vanilla extract and almond extract for that sugar-cookie flavor
- almond milk- I like almond but any other plant-based milk will work
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder – You can order it from PEScience. Use code BAILEY to save $$ at checkout.
- egg is added to bind the ingredients together
- Greek yogurt sweetened with some honey is our healthy swap for that sugar cookie glaze
- sprinkles and some crushed oreos on top make these look so pretty and festive
CAN I MAKE SUGAR COOKIE BAKED OATS IN THE AIR FRYER?
The answer is yes! Fill your base into an oven-proof casserole dish and place it into your air fryer basket. Cook your oats for 8 minutes at 200c/400f.
OVERNIGHT OATS VS BAKED OATS
Which preparation method is better, you ask? The obvious difference is cooking versus raw soaking. The benefits of oatmeal can be experienced no matter which technique you use so oats are always a good idea.
However, it seems that overnight oats have an added bonus due to the fact that the grain has a chance to ferment, which aids in digestion, increases available nutrition, and incorporates beneficial gut bacteria.
- 1/2 cup certified gluten free oats
- 1/2 banana
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp almond extract
- 1/3 cup almond milk
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder, use code BAILEY at checkout for $$ off all products
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup greek yogurt, or coconut yogurt
- 1 tsp honey or maple syrup, or powdered sugar - can also use sugar free powdered sugar
- 1 gluten free white "oreo", can use Glutino or a similar brand
- In a high powdered blender, blend oats on high to create a fine flour. Then add all remaining ingredients "FOR OATS" except sprinkles and blend again.
- Mix in sprinkles by hand and bake at 350F for 20-25 minutes.
- While oats are baking mix together the greek yogurt and honey or sweetener of choice.
- Remove oats from oven, let cool slightly, and top with icing, sprinkles and crushed up white oreo. Enjoy!
Serving Size:1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g
OTHER BAKED OATMEAL RECIPES YOU WILL WANT TO TRY
- Lemon Poppy Seed Baked Oats
- Brownie Batter Baked Oats
- Biscoff Baked Oats
- Tiktok Baked Oats (Birthday Cake)
- Cookie Dough Baked Oats
I love to bake, cook, exercise, and document all of the above. Nutrition is not low fat. It is not low calorie. It’s not feeling deprived or being hungry all the time. It’s nourishing your body with real, whole foods so that you are consistently satisfied and energized to live your life to the fullest! Read more…