testThese Chewy Chocolate Chip Blondies (Gluten-Free & Dairy-Free) are rich and gooey and full of rich white chocolate chips. This easy recipe is combination of chocolate chip cookies and brownies, and is soft and chewy on the inside, and crunchy on the outside.
Blondies are a delicious alternative to traditional chocolate brownies, and adding chocolate chips takes them to the next level. Chewy chocolate chip blondies are a crowd-pleasing dessert that are easy to make and sure to impress.
In this blog post, we’ll explore what makes these blondies so special and provide a step-by-step guide to making them at home.
Table of Contents
WHAT ARE CHEWY CHOCOLATE CHIP BLONDIES?
Blondies are essentially brownies without the cocoa powder, which gives them their lighter color and milder flavor. They are typically made with brown sugar, which gives them a chewy texture and a rich, caramel-like flavor.
By adding chocolate chips to the batter, you get an irresistible combination of sweetness and crunch.
Chewy chocolate chip blondies are a popular dessert that can be enjoyed year-round. They are perfect for picnics, potlucks, and other gatherings, and they make a great treat for lunchboxes or after-school snacks.
These easy chocolate chip blondies are ideal for someone who loves a sweet treat but doesn’t love dark rich fudge brownies.
WHY THESE ARE THE BEST BLONDIES
- This simple blondie recipe is gooey on the inside, and crisp on the outside.
- They taste like butter and brown sugar, giving brown butter vibes. They will be sweet and rich.
- They are dense blondies and not thick like a cake. They are much more thin and you will probably only want one or two because of the richness.
- Full of chocolate chips! Feel free to add in different mix-ins to elevate your chewy chocolate blondies even further.
INGREDIENTS FOR THE CHOCOLATE CHIP BLONDIES RECIPE
You will need the following ingredients listed below to make the chewy blondies (the exact measurements and full recipe are in the recipe card at the bottom of this post):
- Gluten Free Flour – I used Bob’s Red Mill 1:1
- Golden brown sugar – can also use dark brown sugar or light brown sugar.
- Unsalted Butter – can use vegan butter or regular as long as it’s melted butter.
- Pure vanilla extract
- Baking soda
- White & semi-sweet Chocolate chips – milk chocolate chips or chocolate chunks are also delicious in this recipe.
- Optional – peanut butter chips, granulated sugar, butterscotch chips for butterscotch blondies, vanilla ice cream for serving, etc.
HOW TO MAKE
Preheat the oven to 350F and line an 8×8 baking pan with parchment paper.
In a large bowl, cream the butter with an electric mixer. Add brown sugar and beat for 1-2 minutes until light and fluffy (see photos for reference).
Add the egg and vanilla and beat again until combined.
In the same bowl, add the dry ingredients. Mix on low speed ensuring you do not over-mix (mixture will be very thick – see photos for reference).
Fold in chocolate chips using a rubber spatula and pour into the prepared pan and bake for 25-30 minutes. The top will just be starting to turn a very light brown.
Allow to cool completely on a wire rack and then dig in!
TIPS AND TRICKS
Different gluten free flours will yield different results! This recipe was tested with Bob’s Red Mill 1:1 flour and they were incredible.
I then retested them with Camela’s gluten free all-purpose flour, and they were way more dry. It’s recommended to use Bob’s Red Mill for this recipe, but if you try other gluten free flours please let me know in the comments!
DO NOT overcook – not even by a minute or two. When testing these there were a few times I thought the blondies needed a few more minutes, and I ended up ruining the batch.
They lose their moist chewy insides, and end up being too dry. Pulling these out of the oven before you think they are done is key to the perfect blondie texture!
Make sure you use a 8×8 cooking pan! If you only have a 9×9 baking dish, make sure you adjust the bake time.
Cook for less time as there is more surface area for the blondies to spread. They will also be slightly thinner than these blondies.
Melt the butter: Melted butter helps to create a chewy texture and a moist crumb in blondies. Be sure to melt the butter completely before adding it to the other ingredients.
Use room temperature eggs: Room temperature eggs blend more easily into the batter, resulting in a smoother texture. Let your eggs sit out on the counter for about 30 minutes before using them.
HOW TO STORE THE CHOCOLATE CHIP BLONDIE RECIPE
Allow the blondies to cool completely in the pan before storing them. This will prevent them from becoming soggy.
Once the blondies have cooled, use a sharp knife to cut them into individual servings.
Place the blondies in an airtight container or wrap them tightly in plastic wrap.
Store the blondies at room temperature for up to 3-4 days. If you want to keep them for longer, you can store them in the refrigerator for up to a week or freeze them for up to 3 months.
If you’re storing the blondies in the refrigerator or freezer, make sure to label them with the date so you know when they were made.
To serve the blondies, simply remove them from the container or plastic wrap and allow them to come to room temperature.
Other Gluten Free Desserts You May Want To Try!
- Gluten Free Chocolate Glazed Donuts
- Double Chocolate Sea Salt Fudge Brownies
- No-Bake Chewy Chocolate Chip Granola Bars
- Gluten Free Vegan Peanut Butter Cookies
- Brownie Crinkle Cookies
- 1/2 cup vegan butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup gluten free flour, I used Bobs Red Mill 1:1
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 3/4 cup white + milk chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350F and line an 8x8 baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a medium size bowl, cream the butter with an electric hand mixer. Add brown sugar and beat for 1-2 minutes until light and fluffy (see photos for reference).
- Add the egg and vanilla and beat again until combined.
- In the same bowl, add the flour, baking soda, and salt. Mix on low speed ensuring you do not over-mix. Mixture will be very thick (see photos for reference). Fold in chocolate chips.
- Pour into 8x8 baking pan and bake for 25-30 minutes. The top will just be starting to turn a very light brown. Allow to cool completely and then dig in!
Serving Size:1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 159Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 13mgSodium: 61mgCarbohydrates: 19gFiber: 0gSugar: 12gProtein: 2g
The nutrition information provided is calculated based on industry-standard software and should be used as a general guide only. The information may vary depending on ingredient substitutions, cooking techniques, and individual serving sizes. It is the responsibility of the reader to ensure the accuracy and appropriateness of the nutritional information provided. Always consult a qualified healthcare provider for personalized medical or nutritional advice.
IF YOU TRIED THIS RECIPE PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT IN THE COMMENT SECTION AND STAR RATING. I LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOUR CREATIONS! YOU CAN PIN THIS RECIPE ON PINTEREST OR SHARE ON INSTAGRAM BY TAGGING @basicswithbails and #basicswithbails
I love to bake, cook, exercise, and document all of the above. Nutrition is not low fat. It is not low calorie. It’s not feeling deprived or being hungry all the time. It’s nourishing your body with real, whole foods so that you are consistently satisfied and energized to live your life to the fullest! Read more…