This Starbucks Cinnamon Dolce Latte Recipe is one of my Starbucks favorites, except it’s a fraction of the cost making it at home. Made with sweet cinnamon syrup, strong coffee or a shot of espresso, milk of choice and cinnamon, this is the perfect way to start your day.
As the temperatures drop and the leaves turn orange, there’s nothing more comforting than a warm cup of coffee in your hands. Starbucks Cinnamon Dolce Latte is a popular seasonal drink that will warm you up and satisfy your sweet tooth.
This latte combines the flavors of sweet cinnamon and rich caramel to create a smooth and satisfying coffee experience. It’s one of my favorite drinks and tastes like something you’d get at a coffee shop.
Out of all the latte recipes I’ve made and tried, this one takes the cake. I love a good old vanilla latte, a matcha latte or even a strong cup of coffee, but nothing compares to this sweet cinnamon latte.
The Cinnamon Dolce Syrup Recipe I use in this delicious latte is truly the star of the show. You can use ground cinnamon or a whole cinnamon stick in this copycat Starbucks recipe.
Table of Contents
WHAT IS CINNAMON DOLCE SYRUP?
“Dolce” is an Italian word that means “sweet” in English. In musical terminology, “dolce” is also used as a direction to play a piece in a sweet, delicate, or gentle manner.
In cuisine, “dolce” is often used to describe desserts or sweets, such as “dolce de leche.” For this particular recipe, dolce means the cinnamon flavor combined with the sweet taste of the sugar.
INGREDIENTS FOR THE COPYCAT STARBUCKS CINNAMON DOLCE LATTE
You will need the following ingredients listed below to make this delicious coffee drink (the exact measurements and full recipe are in the recipe card at the bottom of this post):
- Homemade cinnamon syrup – made with filtered water, white sugar, brown sugar, vanilla extract and ground cinnamon (or cinnamon sticks) in a small saucepan.
- Espresso shots – can make them using an espresso machine, or make hot coffee with a french press or coffee maker.
- Almond milk – or any type of plant-based milks such as soy milk, cashew milk or coconut milk.
- Sprinkle of cinnamon
HOW TO MAKE THE HOMEMADE CINNAMON DOLCE LATTE RECIPE
Brew your espresso or strongly brewed coffee and pour it into a mug.
Froth milk using a milk frother or by heating it in the microwave for 1 minute then using a steam wand or handheld milk frother . You want your milk to be hot and frothy.
Add 1-2 tablespoons of the cinnamon dolce syrup to your coffee and stir to combine. You can add more or less syrup depending on how sweet you like your latte.
Pour the steamed milk into the coffee mug with the coffee and syrup mixture. Hold the mug with both hands and use a spoon to gently swirl the milk into the coffee.
If desired, top with a dollop of whipped cream and a sprinkle of ground cinnamon. Enjoy your Starbucks copycat drink!
And that’s it! Your homemade Starbucks Cinnamon Dolce Latte is ready to enjoy.
Sip slowly and savor the flavors of sweet cinnamon and rich caramel. This drink is perfect for a cozy fall or winter day and will help you get through the chilly weather.
CAN I MAKE THIS COPYCAT CINNAMON DOLCE LATTE HEALTHIER?
If you’re looking for a healthier version of this latte, you can substitute the regular Cinnamon Dolce syrup with a sugar-free alternative or use almond milk or oat milk instead of whole milk. You can also reduce the amount of syrup you use to cut back on the sugar.
In conclusion, Starbucks Cinnamon Dolce Latte is a warm and cozy drink that is perfect for the fall and winter seasons. It’s easy to make at home with just a few simple ingredients and a milk frother.
Whether you’re a coffee lover or just looking for a comforting drink, this latte is sure to hit the spot. So why not try making it today and enjoy the delicious flavors of sweet cinnamon and rich caramel in every sip!
HOW TO STORE THE LEFTOVER SYRUP
Store the syrup in a mason jar or airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks. You may have to give it a shake as the simple syrup can separate slightly and the sugar may sit on the bottom.
CAN I MAKE AN ICED CINNAMON DOLCE LATTE USING THIS SUGAR SYRUP?
Yes, start by brewing your favorite espresso or cold brew coffee. Add your own syrup to cup or glass and pour coffee or shot of espresso over top.
Add your favorite kind of cold milk and then add ice cubes. End with a sprinkle of cinnamon and/or a splash of maple syrup.
Sometimes I add some whipped cream as well if you want it extra indulgent, however that’s not necessary.
WANT SOME OTHER STARBUCKS IDEAS? CHECK THESE OUT!
- Copycat Starbucks Chai Tea Latte
- Starbucks Egg White Bites
- Vanilla Matcha Latte Recipe
- Starbucks Sweet Cream Cold Foam
- Copycat Starbucks Spinach Feta Wrap Recipe
- 1 tbsp homemade cinnamon dolce syrup, linked at the top of this blog post
- 2 espresso shots
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk, heated and frothed
- sprinkle of cinnamon
- Brew your espresso or strongly brewed coffee and pour it into a mug.
- Froth milk using a milk frother or by heating it in the microwave for 1 minute then using a steam wand or handheld milk frother . You want your milk to be hot and frothy.
- Add 1-2 tablespoons of the cinnamon dolce syrup to your coffee and stir to combine. You can add more or less syrup depending on how sweet you like your latte.
- Pour the steamed milk into the coffee mug with the coffee and syrup mixture. Hold the mug with both hands and use a spoon to gently swirl the milk into the coffee.
- If desired, top with a dollop of whipped cream and a sprinkle of ground cinnamon. Enjoy your Starbucks copycat drink!
Serving Size:1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 281Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 62mgCarbohydrates: 68gFiber: 6gSugar: 35gProtein: 2g
The nutrition information provided is calculated based on industry-standard software and should be used as a general guide only. The information may vary depending on ingredient substitutions, cooking techniques, and individual serving sizes. It is the responsibility of the reader to ensure the accuracy and appropriateness of the nutritional information provided. Always consult a qualified healthcare provider for personalized medical or nutritional advice.
I love to bake, cook, exercise, and document all of the above. Nutrition is not low fat. It is not low calorie. It’s not feeling deprived or being hungry all the time. It’s nourishing your body with real, whole foods so that you are consistently satisfied and energized to live your life to the fullest! Read more…