How To Make Easy Air Fryer S’mores In Minutes
These Air Fryer S’mores are the perfect sweet treat made with gooey marshmallows, graham cracker squares, and delicious melty chocolate. The good news is that it’s such an easy recipe, and comes in handy when you don’t have access to a fire pit.
Sometimes the craving strikes for a roasted marshmallow pressed between graham crackers with a piece of chocolate bar. When this happens we don’t always have an open fire near by, which is where this air fryer smores recipe comes in.
Indoor s’mores are such a fun treat for the whole family to enjoy. They are so much fun to make and if you close your eyes you can almost picture yourself camping, almost.
S’mores are a classic campfire treat, consisting of graham crackers, marshmallows, and chocolate. However, with an air fryer, you can enjoy this delicious dessert without ever leaving your kitchen.
If you love easy desserts you may also like to try my Protein Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups or my 3 Ingredient Red Velvet Cake Pops.
Table of Contents
WHAT ARE CLASSIC S’MORES?
A traditional s’more is a classic American campfire treat consisting of three simple ingredients: graham crackers, marshmallows, and chocolate.
To make a traditional s’more, you typically start by roasting a marshmallow over an open flame until it becomes gooey and golden brown. Then you sandwich the marshmallow between two pieces of graham cracker and a piece of chocolate, allowing the chocolate to melt and become a deliciously gooey mess.
The combination of the crispy graham crackers, the gooey melted marshmallow, and the melted chocolate is a perfect balance of flavors and textures, making s’mores a favorite among kids and adults alike. It’s a simple, yet satisfying treat that has been enjoyed for generations and remains a classic dessert option for summer camping trips, bonfires, and backyard barbecues.
INGREDIENTS FOR THIS AIR FRYER S’MORES RECIPE
You will need the following ingredients listed below to make the air fryer marshmallows (the exact measurements and full recipe are in the printable recipe card at the bottom of this post):
- Graham crackers – alternatively you can use chocolate graham crackers and omit the chocolate squares.
- Jumbo marshmallows – can use mini marshmallows but it will be more difficult. Vegan marshmallows will also work.
- Dark chocolate Hershey’s bars – you can substitute for milk chocolate, white chocolate, chocolate chips, or any type of chocolate you desire.
- Cooking spray
DIRECTIONS ON HOW TO MAKE THIS DELICIOUS TREAT
Preheat your air fryer to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
Lightly spray the air fryer basket with cooking spray to prevent sticking. You can also add parchment paper to the air fryer for easier clean up.
Break the graham crackers in half and place them on the bottom of the air fryer basket in a single layer.
Break a chocolate bar into small pieces and place a few pieces on top of the graham cracker halves. Place the basket in the air fryer and cook for 1 minute.
Then place a marshmallow on top of the chocolate squares.
Place back in the air fryer basket and cook for 3 more minutes, or until the marshmallows are golden brown and the chocolate is melted.
Remove the basket from the air fryer and use the other half of the graham crackers to make a sandwich with the marshmallow and chocolate.
Enjoy your delicious air fryer s’mores!
Air fryer s’mores are a quick and easy dessert that are perfect for any occasion. They’re great for a cozy night in, a family movie night, or even a party.
And the best part? You can enjoy the taste of s’mores without the hassle of building a an open fire.
So go ahead and give air fryer s’mores a try – your taste buds will thank you!
CAN I BAKE THEM?
Yes, you can definitely bake s’mores! While the traditional method of making s’mores involves roasting marshmallows over an open flame, there are many ways to enjoy this classic treat without a campfire.
Baking s’mores in the oven is a great alternative if you don’t have access to a fire pit or air fryer and you prefer a less messy option. Here’s how you can make baked s’mores:
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Break graham cracker crackers into squares and place them in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Place a square of chocolate on top of each graham cracker half.
- Top each chocolate piece with large marshmallows.
- Bake the s’mores in the oven for 7-10 minutes, or until the marshmallows are golden brown and puffy.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven and let the s’mores cool for a minute or two before serving.
Baking s’mores is a quick and easy way to enjoy this classic treat all year round. You can also experiment with different types of chocolate or add toppings like peanut butter, caramel, or sliced fruit to make your s’mores even more delicious!
CAN I MICROWAVE S’MORES?
There are so many different ways to enjoy these delicious s’mores. Microwaving them is not my favorite way, however it does work if you don’t have access to any of the other methods.
- Break the graham crackers in half and place them on a microwave-safe plate.
- Place chocolate on top of each piece of graham cracker half.
- Top each chocolate piece with a marshmallow or halved marshmallow.
- Microwave the s’mores on high for about 10-15 seconds, or until the marshmallows start to puff up.
- Remove the plate from the microwave and let the s’mores cool for a minute or two before serving.
It’s important to keep an eye on the s’mores while microwaving them, as marshmallows can quickly overcook and expand too much, making a mess. Microwaving times may vary based on the power of your microwave, so you may need to adjust the cooking time accordingly.
While microwaved s’mores might not have the same charred flavor as those made over an open flame, they’re still a tasty alternative when you’re in a pinch and can’t make them in the traditional way.
Other Chocolate Recipes You May Like To Try
- Starbucks Chocolate Cake Pops Copycat Recipe
- Mini Chocolate Chip Muffins Recipe (Gluten Free)
- Keto Chocolate Chip Almond Butter Cookies
- Banana Chocolate Chip Sheet Pan Pancakes
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Overnight Oats
How To Make Easy Air Fryer S'mores In Minutes
These Air Fryer S'mores are the perfect sweet treat made with gooey marshmallows, graham cracker squares, and delicious melty chocolate. The good news is that it's such an easy recipe, and comes in handy when you don't have access to a fire pit.
- 2 graham crackers
- 2 jumbo marshmallows
- 2 chocolate squares
- Preheat your air fryer to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Lightly spray the air fryer basket with cooking spray to prevent sticking. You can also add parchment paper to the air fryer for easier clean up.
- Break the graham crackers in half and place them on the bottom of the air fryer basket in a single layer.
- Break a chocolate bar into small pieces and place a few pieces on top of the graham cracker halves. Place the basket in the air fryer and cook for 1 minute.
- Then place a marshmallow on top of the chocolate squares.
- Place back in the air fryer basket and cook for 3 more minutes, or until the marshmallows are golden brown and the chocolate is melted.
- Remove the basket from the air fryer and use the other half of the graham crackers to make a sandwich with the marshmallow and chocolate.
- Enjoy your delicious air fryer s'mores!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 130Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 2mgSodium: 81mgCarbohydrates: 22gFiber: 1gSugar: 12gProtein: 2g
The nutrition information provided is calculated based on industry-standard software and should be used as a general guide only. The information may vary depending on ingredient substitutions, cooking techniques, and individual serving sizes. It is the responsibility of the reader to ensure the accuracy and appropriateness of the nutritional information provided. Always consult a qualified healthcare provider for personalized medical or nutritional advice.
IF YOU TRIED THIS RECIPE PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT IN THE COMMENT SECTION AND STAR RATING. I LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOUR CREATIONS! YOU CAN PIN THIS RECIPE ON PINTEREST OR SHARE ON INSTAGRAM BY TAGGING @basicswithbails and #basicswithbails
I love to bake, cook, exercise, and document all of the above. Nutrition is not low fat. It is not low calorie. It’s not feeling deprived or being hungry all the time. It’s nourishing your body with real, whole foods so that you are consistently satisfied and energized to live your life to the fullest! Read more…