This Easy Air Fryer Popcorn is a simple recipe that the whole family will love. It’s a great alternative to the popcorn you get from the movie theatres as it’s a much healthier option with less fat and calories.
Popcorn is a classic easy snack that is enjoyed by people of all ages. It’s easy to make, delicious, and healthy when prepared with hot air and much less oil.
However, making popcorn can be messy and time-consuming, especially when using traditional stovetop or microwave methods. This is where the air fryer comes in – it’s a quick and easy way to make popcorn that’s crispy, fluffy, and perfect every time.
Air fryer popcorn is a healthier and more convenient alternative to store-bought popcorn, which is often loaded with unhealthy additives and preservatives. With an air fryer, you can make popcorn using just two ingredients – popcorn kernels and a little bit of oil – and customize it to your liking with various seasonings and toppings.
One of the benefits of using an air fryer to make popcorn is that it’s mess-free. There’s no need to worry about kernels flying out of the pot or a bag exploding in the microwave like microwave popcorn.
Additionally, air fryer popcorn is healthier because you have control over the ingredients and can use a minimal amount of oil.
If you like air fryer recipes you may also like to try my 30 Low Carb Air Fryer Recipes.
Table of Contents
INGREDIENTS FOR THE AIR FRYER POPCORN
You will need the following ingredients listed below to make the air fryer popcorn recipe (the exact measurements and full recipe are in the printable recipe card at the bottom of the post):
- Plain popcorn kernels
- Sea salt
- A little oil or butter – you can use olive oil, coconut oil, butter, or ghee.
- Optional – flavors of your choice such as garlic salt, peanut butter, melted chocolate, truffle oil, etc.
DIRECTIONS ON HOW TO MAKE
To make air fryer popcorn, simply add 1/4 cup of popcorn kernels to the air fryer basket with aluminum foil. Make sure that the kernels are spread out in a single layer to ensure even popping.
Close the air fryer basket and set the temperature to 400°F. After about 3 minutes, you’ll start to hear the kernels pop.
Let cook for 7-8 minutes.
Once the popping slows down, turn off the air fryer and let it sit for a minute to allow any remaining kernels to pop.
Once your air fryer popcorn is ready, you can add your favorite seasonings and toppings, such as salt, butter, nutritional yeast, or even cinnamon sugar. You can also get creative with different flavor combinations, such as garlic and parmesan, ranch seasoning, or spicy chili powder.
DIFFERENT WAYS TO ENJOY THIS QUICK SNACK
Popcorn is a versatile snack that can be seasoned in countless ways to suit different tastes and moods. Here are some delicious seasonings you can try for your homemade popcorn for different flavors:
- Salt and Butter: The classic combination of salt and butter is a favorite for many people as it’s similar to movie theater popcorn. Simply sprinkle some salt over freshly popped popcorn and toss it with melted butter for a simple yet delicious treat.
- Garlic and Parmesan: If you’re a fan of savory snacks, try seasoning your popcorn with garlic powder and grated parmesan cheese. It’s a flavorful and aromatic combination that’s sure to please.
- Cinnamon Sugar: For a sweet treat, sprinkle some cinnamon and sugar over your popcorn. It’s a simple yet tasty way to satisfy your sweet tooth.
- Ranch Seasoning: If you love the tangy taste of ranch dressing, try sprinkling some ranch seasoning over your popcorn. It’s a zesty and flavorful option that’s perfect for snacking.
- Spicy Chili Powder: For those who like a bit of heat, try seasoning your popcorn with spicy chili powder. It’s a bold and flavorful option that’s sure to satisfy your cravings.
- Nutritional Yeast: If you’re looking for a healthier alternative to cheese, try sprinkling some nutritional yeast over your popcorn. It has a cheesy flavor and is packed with nutrients.
- Caramel: For a decadent treat, drizzle some caramel sauce over your popcorn. It’s a sweet and indulgent option that’s perfect for movie nights or special occasions.
- Taco Seasoning: For a fun twist on traditional popcorn, try seasoning it with taco seasoning. It’s a savory and flavorful option that’s sure to impress your taste buds.
TIPS AND TRICKS
- Preheat your air fryer and use aluminum foil: Preheating your air fryer for a few minutes before adding the popcorn helps ensure that the kernels pop evenly and consistently.
- Use the right amount of kernels and cook in small batches: Be sure to follow the manufacturer’s instructions for the maximum amount of popcorn kernels you can safely add to your air fryer. Overcrowding can prevent the kernels from popping properly and lead to uneven results.
- Add oil or butter: Adding a small amount of oil or melted butter to the popcorn before cooking is a great way to improve the flavor and texture. You can use any type of oil or butter you prefer, but keep in mind that some options are healthier than others.
- Shake the basket: To ensure that the popcorn pops evenly, shake the air fryer basket every few minutes during cooking. This is the best way to ensure that any unpopped kernels fall to the bottom and get a chance to pop.
- Monitor the cooking process: Keep an eye on the popcorn as it cooks, especially towards the end of the cooking time. Air fryers can cook at different rates, so it’s important to watch for signs that the popcorn is ready to avoid burning.
- Season the popcorn: Once the popcorn is done, transfer it to a bowl and season it to your liking. You can use any type of seasoning you prefer, from salt and butter to more creative options like garlic powder or nutritional yeast.
HOW TO STORE AIR FRYER POPCORN
If you have leftover air fryer popcorn that you’d like to store for later, there are a few simple steps you can follow to keep it fresh:
- Let the popcorn cool completely before storing it. This will prevent excess moisture from forming, which can make the popcorn stale.
- Transfer the popcorn to an airtight container. You can use a plastic container with a tight-fitting lid or a glass jar with a rubber seal.
- Store the container in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight. Avoid storing the popcorn in a humid area, as moisture can cause it to become soggy.
- If you’re storing popcorn that has already been seasoned or topped with toppings, it’s best to store it separately from plain popcorn. This will prevent the toppings from becoming soggy and losing their flavor.
- Popcorn stored in an airtight container can last for up to a week. If you’d like to keep it fresh for longer, you can freeze it for up to three months.
When you’re ready to enjoy your stored popcorn, remove it from the container and let it come to room temperature before eating. If you find that the popcorn has become slightly stale or soggy, you can try reheating it in the air fryer for a few minutes to restore its crispiness.
In conclusion, air fryer popcorn is a quick and easy way to make a delicious and healthy snack. It’s also customizable, so you can add your favorite seasonings and toppings to make it even more delicious.
Give it a try and enjoy a tasty treat that’s ready in minutes!
More Air Fryer Recipes You May Like To Try
- Air Fryer Jalapeno Cheddar Protein Bagel
- Easy Air Fryer Parmesan Truffle Fries
- Crispy Air Fryer Chicken Breast
- Easy Gluten Free Cinnamon Raisin Protein Bagels
- Easy Air Fryer Hamburgers (Quick And Juicy)
- 1/4 cup plain popcorn kernels
- Sea salt
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- To make air fryer popcorn, simply add 1/4 cup of popcorn kernels to the air fryer basket with aluminum foil (make sure the aluminum foil isn't covering the entire basket - see photo in directions for reference). Make sure that the kernels are spread out in a single layer to ensure even popping.
- Close the air fryer basket and set the temperature to 400°F. After about 3 minutes, you'll start to hear the kernels pop.
- Let cook for 7-8 minutes.
- Once the popping slows down, turn off the air fryer and let it sit for a minute to allow any remaining kernels to pop.
- Once your air fryer popcorn is ready, you can add your favorite seasonings and toppings, such as salt, butter, nutritional yeast, or even cinnamon sugar. You can also get creative with different flavor combinations, such as garlic and parmesan, ranch seasoning, or spicy chili powder.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 418Total Fat: 47gSaturated Fat: 29gTrans Fat: 2gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 122mgSodium: 961mgCarbohydrates: 1gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 1g
The nutrition information provided is calculated based on industry-standard software and should be used as a general guide only. The information may vary depending on ingredient substitutions, cooking techniques, and individual serving sizes. It is the responsibility of the reader to ensure the accuracy and appropriateness of the nutritional information provided. Always consult a qualified healthcare provider for personalized medical or nutritional advice.
IF YOU TRIED THIS GREAT SNACK PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT IN THE COMMENT SECTION AND STAR RATING. I LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOUR CREATIONS! YOU CAN PIN THIS RECIPE ON PINTEREST OR SHARE ON INSTAGRAM BY TAGGING @basicswithbails and #basicswithbails
I love to bake, cook, exercise, and document all of the above. Nutrition is not low fat. It is not low calorie. It’s not feeling deprived or being hungry all the time. It’s nourishing your body with real, whole foods so that you are consistently satisfied and energized to live your life to the fullest! Read more…