Edible Protein Birthday Cake Cookie Dough
This Protein Birthday Cake Cookie Dough is a delicious and nutritious treat using simple pantry staples. It’s low carb, has very little added sugar, and gives a little protein bump throughout your day.
Traditional cookie dough can be made with artificial flavor, palm oil, soy lecithin, and other ingredients that are too hard to pronounce. If you’re looking for the same flavor profile, but without the sunflower oil and other garbage ingredients it contains, look no further than this protein cookie dough.
It has the perfect texture and natural flavor from from the almond butter, almond extract and protein powder.
This is a sweet and satisfying snack that won’t derail your healthy eating goals. This tasty treat is packed with protein, fiber, and other nutrients that will help you stay full and satisfied, without compromising your diet.
If you love high protein treats you may also want to try my High Protein Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Recipe or my Vegan Gluten Free Protein Bars With Dark Chocolate.
Table of Contents
WHAT IS PROTEIN BIRTHDAY CAKE COOKIE DOUGH?
Protein birthday cake cookie dough is a type of cookie dough that is made with protein powder and other nutritious ingredients. It has a sweet, cake-like flavor that is reminiscent of a birthday cake, and it is often studded with colorful sprinkles to add to its festive appeal.
The ingredients used in protein birthday cake cookie dough vary depending on the recipe, but they typically include protein powder, almond flour, coconut oil, almond milk, vanilla extract, and a natural sweetener like stevia or honey. Sprinkles are added for a pop of color and sweetness.
BENEFITS OF PROTEIN BIRTHDAY CAKE COOKIE DOUGH
Protein birthday cake cookie dough is a healthier alternative to traditional cookie dough because it is made with nutrient-dense ingredients that provide a variety of health benefits. Here are some of the advantages of incorporating protein birthday cake cookie dough into your diet:
- High in protein: Protein is essential for building and repairing muscle tissue, and it also helps to keep you feeling full and satisfied. Protein powder is a key ingredient in protein birthday cake cookie dough, providing a significant dose of protein in every serving.
- Rich in fiber: Fiber is important for maintaining healthy digestion and preventing constipation. Almond flour, which is used in many protein birthday cake cookie dough recipes, is a good source of fiber.
- Low in sugar: Unlike traditional cookie dough, which is typically loaded with sugar, protein birthday cake cookie dough is sweetened with natural sweeteners like stevia or honey. This makes it a healthier option for people who are trying to reduce their sugar intake.
- Contains healthy fats: Almond butter, which is used in many protein birthday cake cookie dough recipes, is a healthy source of fat that can help to reduce inflammation and support heart health.
INGREDIENTS IN THIS BIRTHDAY CAKE EDIBLE COOKIE DOUGH
You will need the following ingredients listed below to make the raw cookie dough (the exact measurements and full recipe are in the recipe card at the bottom of the post):
- Vanilla protein powder – I like whey protein powder in this recipe but you can use pea protein, a casein blend, plant-based protein powder, etc. You can try different flavors of protein powder to alter the variations of this recipe, but my favorite brand is PEScience Gourmet Vanilla protein powder.
- Almond flour – I have not tested with other flours but oat flour should also work nicely. I do not recommend using coconut flour unless you know your measurements because coconut flour cannot be substituted 1:1.
- Sea salt
- Almond butter – an alternative would be cashew butter or regular butter. Other nut butters such as peanut butter may have too strong of a taste.
- Pure maple syrup – you can use honey or a sugar free alternative like liquid monk fruit, brown sugar or different types of artificial sweeteners.
- Unsweetened almond milk – any non-dairy milk will work such as soy milk, oat milk, or cashew milk.
- Vanilla extract
- Almond extract – this will give the true cake batter flavor.
- Rainbow sprinkles
- White chocolate chips
HOW TO MAKE THIS AMAZING BIRTHDAY CAKE PROTEIN COOKIE DOUGH
If you’re ready to try making protein birthday cake cookie dough for yourself, here is a simple recipe that you can follow:
In a medium size bowl, whisk together the protein powder, almond flour and pinch of salt.
In a separate small bowl, heat the almond butter in the microwave until soft and runny. Then mix in the maple syrup, almond milk, vanilla extract and almond extract.
Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. If the mixture is too dry (this will depend on your protein powder) you can add a bit more non-dairy milk.
Fold in the sprinkles and chocolate chips and eat by the spoonful, or roll into little bites for later. You can roll into extra sprinkles as well if you desire!
HOW TO STORE THE NO BAKE SNACK
You can store the cookie dough in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. This will help preserve the freshness of the dough and prevent it from spoiling.
You can also freeze the cookie dough for longer storage. Scoop the dough into individual portions and place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
Freeze the dough for a few hours until it’s firm, then transfer the portions to a resealable freezer bag. Label the bag with the date and store it in the freezer for up to 3 months.
DIFFERENT WAYS TO ENJOY YOUR PERFECT FUNFETTI CAKE BATTER PROTEIN COOKIE DOUGH
Protein birthday cake cookie dough is a versatile treat that can be enjoyed in a variety of ways. Here are some ideas for incorporating it into your diet:
- As a pre-workout snack: The protein in protein birthday cake cookie dough makes it a great pre-workout snack that can help to fuel your workout and support muscle recovery.
- As a dessert: Protein birthday cake cookie dough is a healthier dessert option that can satisfy your sweet tooth without sabotaging your diet. Enjoy it as actual batter.
- With yogurt: Mix some protein birthday cake cookie dough into a bowl of Greek yogurt for a protein-packed breakfast or snack.
- With fruit: Roll the dough into birthday cake cookie dough bites and enjoy some strawberries and raspberries with them!
Other Delicious Protein Treats You May Want To Try!
- High Protein French Toast Recipe
- Protein Orange Julius Smoothie
- 15 High Protein Overnight Oats Recipes
- Gluten Free Vegan Protein Energy Bars
- 11 Easy High Protein Baked Oats Recipes (Gluten Free)
Edible Protein Birthday Cake Cookie Dough
This Protein Birthday Cake Cookie Dough is a delicious and nutritious treat using simple pantry staples. It's low carb, has very little added sugar, and gives a little protein bump throughout your day.
- 2 scoops PEScience Cake Pop protein powder, approx 2/3 cup
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp almond extract
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- rainbow sprinkles
- In a medium size bowl, whisk together the protein powder, almond flour and pinch of salt.
- In a separate small bowl, heat the almond butter in the microwave until soft and runny. Then mix in the maple syrup, almond milk, vanilla extract and almond extract.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. If the mixture is too dry (this will depend on your protein powder) you can add a bit more non-dairy milk.
- Fold in the sprinkles and chocolate chips and eat by the spoonful, or roll into little bites for later. Enjoy!
Serving Size:1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g
IF YOU TRIED THIS RECIPE PLEASE LEAVE IT A COMMENT AND STAR RATING. I LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOUR CREATIONS! YOU CAN PIN THIS RECIPE ON PINTEREST OR SHARE ON INSTAGRAM BY TAGGING @basicswithbails and #basicswithbails
I love to bake, cook, exercise, and document all of the above. Nutrition is not low fat. It is not low calorie. It’s not feeling deprived or being hungry all the time. It’s nourishing your body with real, whole foods so that you are consistently satisfied and energized to live your life to the fullest! Read more…