If you love easy dinners with simple ingredients then look no further than these Chicken Burgers In The Air Fryer. With very little prep and cook time, these air fryer ground chicken burgers are a healthy meal that the whole family will enjoy.
Chicken burgers are a popular and nutritious option for those who want a tasty meal without the added fat and calories of beef burgers. They are also a great alternative for people who are looking to reduce their red meat intake.
In recent years, air fryers have become a popular appliance for making healthier versions of classic fried foods. And, making chicken burgers in the air fryer is no exception!
Table of Contents
WHAT ARE CHICKEN BURGERS?
Chicken burgers are made from chicken breasts or ground chicken meat and are often seasoned with herbs and spices. They are then formed into patties and cooked until they are golden brown and fully cooked.
Chicken burgers can be served on a bun with your favorite toppings such as lettuce, tomato, cheese, and sauce, or they can be served on their own with a side of vegetables or salad.
WHY AIR FRYER CHICKEN BURGERS ARE A HEALTHY OPTION
The main reason why air fryer chicken burgers are a healthier option is because they are cooked using hot air instead of oil. This means that the chicken burgers are crispy and golden on the outside, but without the added oil and fat that is often associated with deep-fried foods.
Air frying uses a fraction of the oil compared to traditional frying methods, making them a much healthier option.
In addition to being a healthier option, air fryer chicken burgers are also convenient and easy to make. Simply place the chicken burgers in the basket of your air fryer, set the temperature and time, and wait for them to cook.
There is no need to heat up a large pot of oil or deal with messy splatters, making the clean-up process quick and easy.
INGREDIENTS FOR THE AIR FRYER CHICKEN PATTIES
You will need the following ingredients listed below to make the tasty burger (the exact measurements and full recipe are in the recipe card at the bottom of the post):
- Chicken breast – can substitute for ground turkey, lean ground chicken, ground chicken breast, chicken thighs, or any other type of ground meat.
- White flour – gluten-free flour also works great here for a gluten-free option.
- Panko breadcrumbs
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- Lemon pepper
- Sea salt and black pepper
- Hamburger buns – brioche buns, gluten-free buns or whatever type of bun you like best.
- Toppings of your choice – lettuce, tomato, a slice of cheese, bbq sauce, buffalo sauce, chili sauce, etc.
- Optional – dried basil, dried oregano, etc.
HOW TO MAKE THE HOMEMADE CHICKEN PATTIES
Put the flour, egg and bread crumbs into 3 separate bowls. Add all the seasonings to the panko bread crumbs.
Press each chicken breast into the flour, then the egg, then into the panko crumbs.
Place chicken patties in the basket of your air fryer in a single layer, making sure they are not touching. You may have to make these in 2 batches depending on the size of your air fryer.
Set the temperature to 400°F and cook the chicken burgers for 9 minutes, then flipping them over and cooking for another 7-8 minutes or until they are fully cooked and reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees F (you can use a meat thermometer to test this).
Toast the hamburger buns in the air fryer for 1-2 minutes if you desire, or until they are golden brown.
Assemble the chicken burgers by placing a patty on each bun and adding your favorite toppings.
TIPS FOR MAKING THE PERFECT AIR FRYER CHICKEN BURGERS
- For best results, make sure the chicken burgers are not touching in the air fryer basket to ensure even cooking.
- A great way to prevent the chicken burgers from drying out if you’re using ground chicken is by not over-mix the ground chicken mixture. You want to achieve juicy patties.
- The best way to add some extra flavor to the chicken burgers, consider adding some grated parmesan cheese, diced onion, or chopped herbs to the mixture before cooking.
- Pro tip – serve the chicken burgers with a side of air fryer sweet potato fries or roasted vegetables for a delicious and nutritious meal.
HOW TO STORE THE CHICKEN BURGER PATTIES
Before storing, let the juicy burgers cool down to room temperature. This will prevent moisture buildup in the storage container, which can lead to bacterial growth.
Once the patties are cool, wrap them in plastic wrap or aluminum foil. Make sure the wrap is tightly sealed to prevent air from getting in.
It’s important to label the package with the contents and date of storage. This will help you keep track of how long the chicken burger patties have been in the fridge.
Place the wrapped chicken burger patties in an airtight container and store them in the refrigerator. They should be consumed within 3-4 days.
When you’re ready to eat the chicken burger patties, reheat them in the microwave, oven, or stovetop until they reach an internal temperature of 165°F (74°C). This will ensure that any bacteria that may have grown during storage are killed off before consumption.
In conclusion, air fryer chicken burgers are a delicious and healthy alternative to traditional beef burgers. They are quick, easy, and one of my favorite air fryer recipes.
Other Delicious Savoury Meals You May Want To Try!
- Jalapeno Popper Stuffed Spaghetti Squash
- KFC Style Popcorn Chicken (Vegan)
- Taco Bell Crunch Wrap Supreme
- Viral TikTok Salmon Rice Bowl With Seaweed
- The Best Vegan Buffalo Cauliflower Wings (Gluten Free, Healthy)
- 1/4 cup flour, see notes
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp lemon pepper
- 1 tsp italian seasoning
- salt + pepper
- 2 chicken breasts
- Put the flour, egg and bread crumbs into 3 separate bowls. Add all the seasonings to the panko bread crumbs.
- Press each chicken breast into the flour, then the egg, then into the panko crumbs.
- Place chicken patties in the basket of your air fryer in a single layer, making sure they are not touching. You may have to make these in 2 batches depending on the size of your air fryer.
- Set the temperature to 400°F and cook the chicken burgers for 9 minutes, then flipping them over and cooking for another 7-8 minutes or until they are fully cooked and reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees F (you can use a meat thermometer to test this).
- Toast the hamburger buns in the air fryer for 1-2 minutes if you desire, or until they are golden brown.
- Assemble the chicken burgers by placing a patty on each bun and adding your favorite toppings.
Can use gluten free all purpose flour, regular white flour, or almond flour.
Can use gluten free breadcrumbs as well.
Serving Size:1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 373Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 102mgSodium: 804mgCarbohydrates: 34gFiber: 3gSugar: 2gProtein: 43g
The nutrition information provided is calculated based on industry-standard software and should be used as a general guide only. The information may vary depending on ingredient substitutions, cooking techniques, and individual serving sizes. It is the responsibility of the reader to ensure the accuracy and appropriateness of the nutritional information provided. Always consult a qualified healthcare provider for personalized medical or nutritional advice.
I love to bake, cook, exercise, and document all of the above. Nutrition is not low fat. It is not low calorie. It’s not feeling deprived or being hungry all the time. It’s nourishing your body with real, whole foods so that you are consistently satisfied and energized to live your life to the fullest! Read more…