Ever wished you could whip up that Starbucks Sugar Cookie Syrup Recipe right at home? Well, you’re in for a treat because our DIY recipe is all about bringing the warm, sugary hug of holiday cookies to your coffee cup. It’s like sharing a secret with your favorite brew, and it’s as cozy as it gets.
Hey there, coffee-loving friend! If you’re anything like me, you eagerly await the arrival of Starbucks’ seasonal drinks, especially the ones that capture the cozy essence of the holidays.
One such delightful flavor is their Sugar Cookie Syrup, and guess what? We’re about to embark on a journey to recreate it right in the comfort of your own kitchen.
So, let’s put on our imaginary barista aprons and brew some coffee magic!
Table of Contents
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS STARBUCKS SUGAR COOKIE SYRUP RECIPE
- Festive Flavor Love: It’s like having the warm and comforting taste of sugar cookies right in your cup. Perfect for holiday sips or anytime you need some sweet comfort.
- Get Creative: This syrup isn’t just for coffee; you can add it to your hot cocoa, cocktails, or even drizzle it over desserts. It’s versatile like that!
- Budget-Friendly Joy: Making your syrup at home not only lets you customize the flavor but also saves you a few bucks. Who doesn’t love a homemade bargain?
- Homemade Happiness: There’s a certain kind of satisfaction in crafting your own Starbucks-inspired treats. Plus, it makes your home smell amazing!
- Gift It Forward: Package it in a cute jar, and you’ve got yourself a thoughtful homemade gift for coffee-loving friends and family. Spread the love, right?
SIMPLE INGREDIENTS YOU NEED FOR THE HOMEMADE SUGAR COOKIE SYRUP
You will need the following ingredients listed below to make the buffalo chicken mixture (the exact measurements, nutrition information and full recipe are in the printable recipe card at the bottom of the post):
- Granulated white sugar – can use monk fruit sweetener for less grams of sugar and lower calories.
- Brown sugar
- Filtered water
- Pure vanilla extract
- Almond Extract
- Butter extract – provides a sweet buttery taste
INGREDIENTS YOU WILL NEED FOR THE HOMEMADE VERSION OF THE SUGAR COOKIE LATTE RECIPE
To make the Starbucks copycat drink you will need the following ingredients:
- Steamed milk of choice – oat milk, soy milk, coconut milk, regular milk or plant-based milk of choice
- Shots of espresso – I prefer blonde espresso but can also use hot coffee
- Sugar cookie syrup – can find a store bought one or make your own easy homemade syrups
- Whipped cream (optional)
- Festive sprinkles – can use green sprinkles, red sprinkles, or holiday sprinkles of choice
HOW TO MAKE
- In a saucepan, combine the water, granulated sugar and brown sugar. Place it over medium heat and stir until the sugar completely dissolves. Bring the mixture to a gentle boil.
- Reduce the heat and allow to simmer for 10 minutes until it thickens. Remove from heat and add the pure vanilla extract, butter extract, and almond extract. Stir well to incorporate these delightful flavors into your syrup.
- Let your homemade Sugar Cookie Syrup cool to room temperature. Once it’s cooled, transfer it to a glass jar or airtight container for storage.
- Now that your Sugar Cookie Syrup is ready, it’s time to enjoy the Starbucks magic in the comfort of your own home. Brew a fresh cup of your favorite coffee, espresso, or even a latte, and drizzle in this delectable syrup. Top it with whipped cream and a sprinkle of sugar for the full Starbucks experience.
Hey, coffee enthusiast! Storing your homemade Starbucks Sugar Cookie Syrup is a piece of cake (or should I say, a piece of sugar cookie). Here’s what to do:
- Cool Down: Let your syrup cool to room temperature after you’ve made it. You want it to be all chilled out before you store it.
- Container Love: Transfer your syrup to an airtight container or a glass mason jar. Make sure it’s sealed well to keep the flavors locked in.
- Stay Cool: Pop that container in the fridge, and your syrup will stay fresh for about a month or so. No need to rush; you can enjoy your sugar cookie magic at a leisurely pace.
- Give It a Shake: Before using it again, give the syrup a gentle shake to wake up those delightful flavors that might have settled.
CAN I MAKE THIS RECIPE WITHOUT ALMOND EXTRACT?
Absolutely, you can make the syrup without these ingredients if you prefer or have allergies. The vanilla extract alone will still give it a delicious flavor.
CAN I USE THIS SYRUP IN DIFFERENT DRINKS?
The syrup can be used in a variety of beverages, from coffee and lattes to hot cocoa and cocktails. Experiment and get creative!
CAN I USE THIS SYRUP AS A DESSERT TOPPING?
Yes, you can drizzle it over desserts like ice cream, pancakes, waffles, or even use it in baking to add a sweet flavor.
CAN I MAKE A BIG BATCH OF THIS TO GIFT FOR THE HOLIDAYS?
Absolutely, you can double or triple the simple syrup recipe to create a larger batch that’s perfect for gifting to friends and family during the holiday season.
CAN I USE THIS IN ICED COFFEE FOR AN ICED SUGAR COOKIE LATTE?
Yes, you can use the syrup in cold drinks as well. Just be sure to let it cool completely before adding it to your cold brew or iced coffee.
CAN I REDUCE THE CALORIES IN THIS SEASONAL DRINK?
Yes, of course! The traditional Starbucks sugar cookie latte uses oat milk.
For a lower calorie version swap for almond milk to make a sugar cookie almondmilk latte or a iced sugar cookie almond milk latte.
CAN I ADD COLD FOAM ON TOP?
Yes, I actually have a Starbucks Sweet Cream Cold Foam Recipe here if you wish to add that to the top of your festive drinks!
Other Starbucks Copycat Recipes You May Want To Try!
- Copycat Starbucks Chai Tea Latte Recipe
- Copycat Starbucks Egg White Bites Without Sous Vide Machine
- Starbucks Bacon and Gruyere Egg Bites
- Copycat Starbucks Spinach Feta Wrap Recipe
- Starbucks Chocolate Cake Pops Copycat Recipe
- Vegan Starbucks Copycat Lemon Loaf Cake Recipe
- Starbucks Birthday Cake Pops
- 30 Homemade Starbucks Copycat Recipes
Note: This post may contain affiliate links, so you can conveniently find the ingredients you need to make this fantastic Starbucks copycat drink.
- 1 cup filtered water
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp butter extract
- 1/4 tsp almond extract
- In a saucepan, combine the water, granulated sugar and brown sugar. Place it over medium-high heat and stir until the sugar completely dissolves. Bring the mixture to a gentle boil.
- Reduce the heat and allow to simmer for 10 minutes, until it thickens. Remove from heat and add the pure vanilla extract, butter extract, and almond extract. Stir well to incorporate these delightful flavors into your syrup.
- Let your homemade Sugar Cookie Syrup cool to room temperature. Once it's cooled, transfer it to a glass jar or airtight container for storage.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 102Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 7mgCarbohydrates: 24gFiber: 0gSugar: 24gProtein: 0g
The nutrition information provided is calculated based on industry-standard software and should be used as a general guide only. The information may vary depending on ingredient substitutions, cooking techniques, and individual serving sizes. It is the responsibility of the reader to ensure the accuracy and appropriateness of the nutritional information provided. Always consult a qualified healthcare provider for personalized medical or nutritional advice.
IF YOU TRIED THIS SUGAR COOKIE-FLAVORED SYRUP RECIPE PLEASE LEAVE IT A COMMENT AND STAR RATING. I LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOUR CREATIONS! YOU CAN PIN THIS RECIPE ON PINTEREST OR SHARE ON INSTAGRAM BY TAGGING @basicswithbails and #basicswithbails
I love to bake, cook, exercise, and document all of the above. Nutrition is not low fat. It is not low calorie. It’s not feeling deprived or being hungry all the time. It’s nourishing your body with real, whole foods so that you are consistently satisfied and energized to live your life to the fullest! Read more…