This edible cottage cheese cookie dough recipe is a great way to enjoy a high protein treat with simple ingredients. First created by Jake Cohen, this recipe has gone viral on social media and is getting it’s well-deserved spotlight.
Today, we’re diving into the world of cottage cheese cookie dough. By incorporating this unexpected ingredient, we elevate the classic cookie dough to new heights, resulting in a moist and flavorful treat.
Each serving contains 20 grams of protein, and contains simple dairy products with a little vanilla extract for a flavor bomb in your mouth. If you have a sweet tooth but don’t want to derail your health goals this is a great option.
So, put on your apron, gather your ingredients, and let’s get mixing! If you want to try other viral cottage cheese recipes you may want to try my Strawberry Cheesecake Cottage Cheese Ice Cream or my 3 Ingredient Cottage Cheese Ranch Dip.
Table of Contents
THE MAGIC OF COTTAGE CHEESE
Cottage cheese might not be the first thing that comes to mind when thinking of cookie dough, but trust us when we say it’s a game-changer. This versatile ingredient adds a unique twist, making the dough irresistibly moist and tender.
Additionally, the subtle tangy flavor of cottage cheese complements the sweetness of the dough, creating a balanced flavor profile. Picture cream cheese stuffed chocolate chip cookies, but in dough form.
Cottage cheese has taken over cauliflower and can now make delicious cottage cheese cookies, cottage cheese pancakes, and a delicious ice cream base. If you’re craving a sweet treat, this just might be your answer.
INGREDIENTS FOR THE COTTAGE CHEESE COOKIE DOUGH RECIPE
You will need the following ingredients listed below to make this creamy dessert (the exact measurements and full recipe are in the printable recipe card below):
- Cottage cheese – can use full fat or lower fat cottage cheese.
- Maple syrup
- Vanilla extract
- Almond flour – a few cups of almond flour if you’re making a big batch, but my recipe only calls for one cup.
- Vanilla protein powder
- Dark mini chocolate chips – alternatively can use semi-sweet or white chocolate chips.
- Optional add ins – peanut butter, brown sugar, greek yogurt, etc.
HOW TO MAKE
- In a blender or food processor combine cottage cheese, maple syrup and vanilla extract. Blend until smooth.
- Add the cottage cheese mixture to a medium bowl. Then add the almond flour and protein powder. Mix until combined and desired consistency is acheived.
- Fold in chocolate chips. Optional – top with flakey sea salt and enjoy!
HOW TO STORE THE EDIBLE COOKIE DOUGH
Storing the cottage cheese cookie dough properly is crucial to maintain its freshness and ensure you can enjoy cookie dough whenever you desire. Here’s how you can store the dough:
- Once you’ve prepared the cottage cheese cookie dough, you can store it in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days.
- Transfer the dough to an airtight container or wrap it tightly in plastic wrap. Make sure the container is sealed well to prevent air from entering and drying out the dough.
- Label the container with the date to keep track of its freshness.
CAN I FREEZE THE HIGH-PROTEIN TREAT?
- If you want to store the dough for a longer period, freezing is another option.
- Shape the dough into individual cookie dough balls or form it into a log shape. Wrap the dough tightly in plastic wrap, ensuring there are no exposed areas.
- Place the wrapped dough in a freezer-safe bag or airtight container, and label it with the date.
- Frozen cookie dough can typically be stored for up to 2-3 months without significant loss in quality.
Other High Protein Treats You May Like To Try!
- Protein Rice Krispie Treats
- Vegan Gluten Free Protein Bar With Dark Chocolate
- 11 Easy High Protein Baked Oats Recipes
- Healthy High Protein Cheesecake
- Superfood Protein Breakfast Cookies (Gluten Free & Dairy Free)
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 1 1/2 scoops vanilla protein powder
- 2 tbsp mini chocolate chips
- In a blender add the cottage cheese, maple syrup and vanilla extract. Blend until smooth.
- Add the cottage cheese mixture to a medium size bowl. Then add the almond flour and protein powder. Mix until combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips. Optional - top with flakey sea salt. Enjoy!
I used PEScience Gourmet Vanilla Protein Powder - use code BAILEY at checkout to save $$ on all products.
Can use 2-4 tbsp chocolate chips depending on preference.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 272Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 11mgSodium: 219mgCarbohydrates: 17gFiber: 3gSugar: 12gProtein: 20g
The nutrition information provided is calculated based on industry-standard software and should be used as a general guide only. The information may vary depending on ingredient substitutions, cooking techniques, and individual serving sizes. It is the responsibility of the reader to ensure the accuracy and appropriateness of the nutritional information provided. Always consult a qualified healthcare provider for personalized medical or nutritional advice.
I love to bake, cook, exercise, and document all of the above. Nutrition is not low fat. It is not low calorie. It’s not feeling deprived or being hungry all the time. It’s nourishing your body with real, whole foods so that you are consistently satisfied and energized to live your life to the fullest! Read more…